“Dinner at Toki”

Ranked #121 of 2,111 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Me and My Husband went to Toki for dinner. We walked in on Saturday evening and we did manage to find a place. The lady at the reception greeted us with a warm welcome and asked us our choice for the sitting.
We tried sushi platter, dumplings and sweet in bento box. All tasted amazing. The food was good, along with a good service. The servers were ready to help. We tried cocktails (Mojito and Magarita) also there and they tasted great too.
So recommended to people who wants to go and enjoy Japenese food. Really liked our dinner at Toki's.

1  Thank Shilpa S
There are newer reviews for Toki

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We keep going on trying other Japanese places in AD, and then straight back to Toki.

The service can be slow but the food so far has been consistently excellent with an authentic taste and for me that counts for more than the decor. I have never come out of this restaurant disappointed. The lux bento box is highly recommended and is enough to feed two - (plus you get sashimi, miso and salad that comes with it).

Also, they serve high quality green tea which is free flowing and will accommodate special requests, swapping items in bento boxes etc.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I don't bother with any of the other sushi restaurants if I am taking guests from outside Abu Dhabi. This restaurant is consistently good and offers fresh fish and authentic Japanese food.

I believe Wasabi is supposed to be good as well but have not tried that.

Don't bother with Tori No Su if you want traditional sushi. Go straight to Toki.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

What prevented me from giving this an "Excellent" was the shortage in desserts. Otherwise, excellent restaurant.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Was my first time there last week, checked it out as i heard only good things about it. Welcome was alright, was seated quickly menu was provided. (No non alc.drinks list available at all - weird!!) Generally food was great had a sushi mix, great quality fish!!! Miso soup looks like a kids portion - tinyyyy!! My table was cleared quickly only that the lady stacked all my plates on top of eachother, ON my table in front of me. Nobody asked if i liked it. And no approach from staff after that. At all. -- sooo: go there for good quality fish, but dnt expact too much of a five star attentive service.