“Still the best in AbuDhabi”
Review of Hakkasan

Hakkasan
Ranked #15 of 2,122 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hakkasan Abu Dhabi opened in June 2010, bringing Hakkasan's award-winning cuisine to the landmark Emirates Palace. Comprising a restaurant, bar and lounge as well as four private dining rooms, the 16,000 sq ft space is separated by carved wooden screens and latticing that echo the rich interiors of the London flagship restaurant. Long-time design partner Gilles & Boissier designed the space with the Hakkasan ethos of the modern ethnic, interpreting it for the United Arab Emirates. Embroidered furniture and marbled Chinese forms enrich the space, and the main dining area is crafted into a wooden cage surrounded by backlit blue glass and a stainless steel frame. Signature Hakkasan dishes like Peking Duck with Caviar and Grilled Wagyu Beef with King Soy Sauce are served alongside a set of new dishes created especially for an Emirate clientele. The restaurant is headed by chef Lee Kok Hua, who was previously at Hakkasan Hanway Place where he worked under Head Chef Tong Chee Hwee for five years.
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Start the evening with cocktails at the bar and watch the mixologists mix impeccably. The setting and interior are top. Once at your table go ahead and order any dumpling on the menu. I have tried them all and would recommend every one. Service can be slow but you'll be having such a good time it wont matter.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Ate here as part of my holiday celebrating my 40th birthday.
The restaurant is gorgeous – all rich colours, dark woods, great lighting, divided into smaller sections so it feels a bit more intimate.
Great welcome from staff who escorted us to the bar for a cocktail. Great cocktails and super bartenders. Top class.
Food was excellent throughout – I even managed to use the chop sticks without disgracing myself too much (cutlery was available).
On the way out, the lady who welcomed us then escorted us as we left the restaurant and was really engaged in whether we had enjoyed it. We assured her we had and if we lived in Abu Dhabi, this would be on our list to go back frequently.
Yes it’s expensive but a restaurant of this quality justifies its price tag easily.

1  Thank Brum74
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Isn't it wonderful when a good looking person doesn't know they are good looking? And isn't it off-putting when a good looking person is their own biggest fan? Unfortunately I found Hakkasan to be the latter. My guess is if you are an average diner in a small party you don't rate very highly here.

The menu is not very inspiring, no stand out dishes and most tofu dishes came with chicken, we were told alterations could not be made. After reading previous reviews I am also convinced I was brought the meat dim sum platter despite ordering the vegetarian one... yikes. The service was average and the bamboo didn't have any depth of flavor only chilli heat. The rice was nice although we were told the portions are far too big for one person - any chance of a half portion then? Of course not, changes can not be made. We ordered 'small eats' for our mains and they were too big as well. Very unChinese, not the tasty delicacies I was expecting.

And at the end of the meal I asked if I could take away the uneaten pieces of dimsum and of course, you already know the answer. I don't mind paying 1250AED for a meal but I do object to 200AED of it being thrown in the bin. Yuan at the Atlantis serves many of the same dishes at an all-you-can-eat brunch for 188AED and I felt more welcome and valued as a customer.

Hakkasan, don't believe your own hype. These cities are packed with the best restaurants on the planet, many a damn site cheaper. It bored me, the only thing that made this an experience was the setting #musttryharder

1  Thank travellingcherry
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Wow! So good! We wanted to visit the palace and figured no better way than to have dinner along the way. We pick Hakkasan based on the reviews and we were so glad we did. We started with a drink - they have a terrific and creative menu. They were delicious! I had the BBQ Prawns for dinner and they are among the most memorable foods I've had in a while. Service was pretty good and the atmosphere was cool. It was a bit on the expensive side, but it was worth every cent. There are a lot of great places to eat in Abu Dhabi and I'd count this among the best!

1  Thank ArianeRose
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Dined in this famous outlet in 2012 along with two friends. All people with hospitality background. The service and quality of food was one of the best experiences. Atmosphere is amazing, especially when sitting outside if climate permits. Special thanks to Aurelian for his great service. Also visited the bar many times and it was always a memorable experience.