“Mwah... Nothing Special”

Belgian Beer Cafe
Ranked #34 of 2,122 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since its opening in 2009, Belgian Café Abu Dhabi has been the city's leading restaurant amongst locals, expats and tourists offering the best of Belgium. Fresh mussels, chunky frites, Belgian waffles and exclusive Belgian beers served up in a classically European setting. The Belgian Café is a little piece of old Brussels right in the heart of Abu Dhabi. A clear favourite to unwind after a busy working day or start your well deserved weekend, the Belgian Café terrace serves up for any occasion. Add to that a marina view that never disappoints.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Unless you feel like having a Belgian meal, this would be a place to avoid. Mostly because the staff isn't very friendly and the food comes out way too fast.

As a starter I had the French Onion soup, but literally 1 minute before that we had the bag with bread and butter handed to us. I couldn't even enjoy a piece of bread before I had the soup installed in front of me. The soup was delicious, but of course quite hot, it has a layer of cheese on the top so it takes a while to cool down. However, the moment I put my spoon down when I finished my soup, maybe 15 minutes after it was served; we received our main meals. I couldn't even take a breather. And the bread was still lying there as well, untouched.

As a main I had the Meatballs in Liege Sauce, which again was nice. The chips were served in proper chips bags like you would expect from a Belgian restaurant/cafe and the mayonaise was quite sour, which was just right as well. I tried a bit of the Stew my colleagues had and the beer flavour really came through there. It tasted lovely. However, 1 colleague ordered the Tenderloin steak medium rare and it was overcooked. He returned it so they tried to cook it again, they overcooked it again. This wasn't my meal so I can't comment on it too much, but I felt that the price for the steak is too much for what they have to offer. They did take 30% off the price, which was decent of them.

My food was lovely, but slightly expensive for what it was. The choice of beer is great though, and I had a Kriek beer which is especially nice in hot summer months. Not the best experience I've had in Abu Dhabi, so only three stars. I will go back to try the mussels though, but not in the summer. Eating mussels in the summer is just not right.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We came to have dinner but there are too much drunk europeans and making so much noise think like cafe is their own and couldnt even hear each other because of their stupid noise, management didnt take care of it even !!!!! I will not come back and give a bad feedback to all of my friends!!!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Probably the nicest casual bar in AD. Very good food, too. Some of the best fries I've ever had! Wonderful beer, of course, and a good atmosphere, especially if the weather's decent enough to sit outside

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The beer and food were very good. I had the ribs, very tasty but messy. Others had pork dishes. The atmosphere was fun and relaxed, with soccer on the television. It was like any sports bar in the States. A nice change of pace.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I love mussels at the Belgian Beer Cafe. They also serve other German dishes, including pork, and have great specials. I stick with moules frites and some white wine and am happy every time.

1  Thank HeatherEW