“Perhaps it was just a bad night?”
Review of Atayeb

Atayeb
Ranked #127 of 2,054 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Perhaps it was just a bad night?”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Went for a Lebanese supper .. Now me and Mrs Fitz truly dig Lebanese food I think it rates in the top three for sure.. Hmmm what are he other two??

Must work that out sometime..

Anyhoo.. This is the Lebanese rester-aunt in the Viceroy in Yas Island. .. It’s called Atayeb.. Had a good feeling about this one ..

Great welcome on entry .. Genuine smiles and ‘god evenings’.. Cool!

It began well.., (note began..)..

Lovely breads, humous and that wonderful parsley salad thingy.. Must remember to make that at home this weekend.. Just must! Will see if Mrs Fitz will rustle up some of her flatbreads..

Felling rather pleased with myself I eagerly awaited the next course. ..

Because this is sure to be a feast right?

Umm ooops! The next course was the cheese pastry ( no good for Mr Fitz) or one .. Yes you read that correct! ONE lamb kibbeh thingy.. Hahahahahaha you jesting with me right? Where’s the cameras I gotta be getting punked here??

What? No cameras? No chap in a baseball hat leaping out on me? Huh?

What’s the story?

Ok.. Scrap it.. Put that behind.. Park it..

The next course has to shame that.. Has to.. We gotta save this.. My excitement is waining .. My appetite increasing!

So it arrives..

What do we get.. Ummm kebabs

Kofte, lamb, chicken.. And chips!

Not great chips and if you know me then you know my big bear about inferior fries.. (If you don’t know then take a looksie at prior posts..)and not a great mixed grill.. A real shame indeed.. A real shame.. This was not a good representation of Lebanese cuisine..

And such a shame, such a such a shame..

Dessert? Dates and sticky sweet pastries..

When I get home I am making me and Mrs Fitz some Lebanese stylee cuisine to cheer us both up..

For sure..

cookingwithmrfitz.com

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank CookingwithMrFitz

• Arabic first
Italy
“Nice food and big portions”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Went for dinner and sat on the terrace overlooking the F1 race track. very nice place, the restaurant from inside the hotel looked very small but once you see than the terrace, wow! the service was quick and efficient, the food tasty and huge portion, couldn't have a dessert. Overall very nice experience and they also serve shisha.

Visited April 2014
YasViceroyFBManager, Manager at Atayeb, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Trislv,

Thank you or taking the time to review Atayeb at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and the view of the track.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Food & Beverage Marketing, Assistant Manager
Oxford
“Gorgeous food, great service”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great food - authentic but modern and full of flavour. Service was great and helped guide us through the menu if we needed it. Value not the best but you pay for quality.

Visited April 2014
Dear youngone100,

Thank you or taking the time to review Atayeb at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Food & Beverage Marketing, Assistant Manager
Almaty, Kazakhstan
“Good food, nice location, not so much atmosphere”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Booked Atayeb for a birthday treat with family. Good location at Yas Marina and (unnecessarily) reserved outside table for 5 - there were very few other diners. Overlooked marina and racetrack which was nice, but would be noisy if track in use unless that is why you are there. Arabian/Lebanese food was very good and substantial if a little slow. Although service was generally excellent, an odd event occurred when a waiter refreshing drinks overheard us chatting about similar restaurants in the city and loudly broke into the conversation to question our guest on which they were and as she began to reply he asked why she thought they were better. She calmly and politely indicated that this was a private conversation and he retired without further comment. This did not however affect the pleasant evening. Costs were as expected around 250 Dirhams per person. While it was a pleasant experience and sitting outside was good, the restaurant was short on atmosphere. We will try other places in future; good as it was this will not become a favoured eating place.

• Visited April 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great food, topped with fantastic service”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our meal at Atayeb was topped by some fabulous service. The waitor showed us how to pour Moroccan tea properly and helped us pronounce the meal names. We had a combination of hot and cold mezzah, the lamb sausage was spicy, the chicken was cooked perfect and the salad was fresh and tasty. A fantastic meal with a fantastic backdrop overlooking Yas Marina. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would definitely go back. Even the wife was given a chair just for her Michael kors handbag.

• Visited April 2014
YasViceroyFBManager, Manager at Atayeb, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear TheShape82,

Thank you for taking the time to review Atayeb at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi. I'm delighted to read you had such an wonderful dining experience with us. I will pass your kind comments with regards to the food and the service to the team at Atayeb.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Food and Beverage Marketing, Assistant Manager