“Authentic Indian taste outside India”
Review of Angar

Angar
Ranked #4 of 2,073 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Authentic Indian taste outside India”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I visited along with my family on weekend. The food was prepared with the right amount of Indian spices which are just perfect to give your taste buds an overwhelming response. Though portion of the meal is little less but along with starter platter is ok. Ambiance is pleasant and service is good but if you are looking for quiet place as couple for fine dining this is not the place especially on weekends rather this place is very much invited for family and friends gathering including celebration for special moments and is advisable to book table in advance to avoid long waiting time. If you are living in Abu Dhabi city, the location of the restaurant provides complete outing along with a view of one of the finest +5 star hotel.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Experience a cocroach around the plates”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Last night we visited the restaurant, opted for the table at pool side. we were enjoying the food taste (which indeed was good) suddenly cam across a "Cocroach" yes "cockroach" on our table. we called the manager and showed the one. Really that ruined my evening and dinner and couldnt eat any more. manager has a xcuse that these type of insect use to come from plants...which is ridiculuous.. Anyhow, they agreed to serve us the same but freshly cooked food fir us to take away and served a coffee as complementary. when we got the food and checked it at home, it was the same left over food of ours which we refused to have after that seeing that cockroach around our plates. this made us cery sad and annnoyed and decised not to go again....

2 Thank Wajid K
Dolgellau - Wales
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

An upmarket indian with eager and knowledgeable staff. I agree with other reviews regarding the price but you are paying for the service and the food is high quality. Terrace and fountains pleasant at this time of the year. There was some musak playing while I was there but I dont know whether this was the restaurent or the neighbouring race track

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you like the Indian food, it's a must try.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm in Abu Dhabi for last three years. But it's only today I could enoy the real Indian taste abroad.

We tried the biriyani and others... tastes same Indian. It made me forget my dieting!. My daughter who usually avoid hot and spicy was eating a lot and same with my wife.

Food really taste delicious and Indian, spicy but not that hot. My score is 10/10.

The price is little to the higher side.. but it's expected inside a 5star hotel. I guess one main would Cost you around 100dhs (as on Dec 2012). But it's really worth.. considering the service, waiting time, the staff, the atmosphere and definitely the food.

Need mention - lady dressed in traditional Indian costume.. Saree (dont remmember the name) took special care of my daughter..who otherwise used to get irritated of the waiting time. The gift pack.. find the word, find the way.. colouring and sticker pack all made the dinner time cheerful.

I don't feel anything negative.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Commercial Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Angar is a dissapointment when it comes to the food itself, the outdoor terrace area is actually nice by the fountain, very good service and presentation however, regarding the ambiance there shpuld be some music atleast.. guet's voices echoed all over the place and it's not too relaxing to have a meal hearing murmurs and chats from all other tables:) The food is not what you would expect in a real indian place its more commercial than real authentic food, more time and effort was given to presentation rathen than taste.. Even the Biryani which atleast should be good was less than standards, main course as not beed but cpuld be much better

• Visited November 2012