“Australia or US no guarantee for tender meat...”
Review of The Meat Co

The Meat Co
Ranked #81 of 2,190 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Meat Company is located in the Souk adjacent to the Shangri-La Hotel in Abu Dhabi. The fact that the kitchen was open at three fifteen in the afternoon was certainly a positive but unfortunately it was downhill from there. Worth trying is the Mozambique Chicken Liver with Piri-Piri Sauce, our beef carpaccio and mozzarella salad with veal wrapped asparagus were not a hit. The beef ribs were probably the best choice but the lamb and beef skewers absolutely inedibly hard. The selection of meat in the menu is good but after this meal I would be afraid to try. The service is haphazard and not very accurate. Overall, a very average experience.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I went for our anniversary in May. Some of the best meat we've ever had...anywhere! The beef ribs have to be tasted to be believed and their house marinade/sauce is original, unique and delicious. Despite the elegant decor, most people will find themselves licking their fingers if they come in contact with that sauce. We enjoyed the Meat Co. so much, we made it a MUST restaurant for family when they visited in June. The food was even better than the first time and our nephew, who LOVES beef ribs, confirmed they are the best he's ever had. Not an inexpensive meal, but you get what you pay for. We will be back several times before we leave the Emirates.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I recommended The Meat Co to family visiting from abroad and was utterly disappointed by the exceptionally poor service at the restaurant. After waiting for 10 minutes, we seated ourselves as none of the waiters (and they were around!) were interested in greeting us. The restaurant was fairly empty so it wasn't that they were busy, just completely uninterested. When we finally got a waiter to our table, he made us feel like he was doing us a favor by serving us. The food was good, but the service was so bad that it really spoilt what would otherwise have been a very satisfactory experience. Customer service still appears to be quite a rarity in restaurants here.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This was a great meat adventure. Although a bit on the pricey side, it is worth it.
I ordered a stack of ribs while my wife ordered a rack of lamb.
I was absolutely overwhelmed by my gigantic stack of ribs. Although a bit dry, I devoured it and was actually tired by the end of it.

The lamb was perfectly cooked the way we liked it and tasted phenomenal.

The service is really good, very courteous and knowledgeable staff. Although I don’t drink, it seems that their selection of wines is unbelievable.

Definitely have a go at this restaurant if you have the cash to spend.

If you are vegetarian, don’t bother going here. The same complex has many other great restaurants you can try out.

Verdict: Really good meat.

1  Thank fahym
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The food was great, although a tad expensive. I particularly liked the wine selection, which came by the glass, carafe or bottle.

My son likes plain cheese burgers. After a few mouthfuls he noticed there was something not to his liking. The staff immediately replaced his entire order without any prompting. As he had eaten most of his meal they gave it as a take out.

The waiting staff were attentive without being overbearing (you normally have either rubbish service or overbearing in this part of the world).

A very enjoyable evening with friends, we will be back.