Tripadvisor
Abu Dhabi

Ways to Experience Trip Arabia Tours & Safari
from $69.05
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

The most fun I have had in a long time. Riding the sand dunes was excellent. The Guide was friendly and knowledgeable. He went above and beyond to make sure we had an enjoyable time.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

It was very smooth. The driver, Abd Salam, was amazingly experienced! He made the trip smoother and a lot of fun! Thanks!!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Thank you to Trip Arabia team for such a wonderful afternoon to evening Desert Safari Tour. My husband and I enjoyed the experience!

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Well we had actually booked an overnigth trip into Liwa desert. Supposedly the weather in Liwa was a bit windy for an overnight trip, so short of notice the tour operator had made changes to go into Abu Dhabi desert instead.
We where a group of four and had a private tour booked. So just the four of us sat in a vehicle, which was nice.
On our way to the dunes for dune bashing, we had to wait for a convoy of cars, to start our dune bashing. I guess it makes sence not to go thru the dunes with just one car, due to high accident risk.
On our way alon and thru the dunes we stopped a couple of times for pictures, which was nice but also a bit irritating, since we had a private tour booked and did not wanna hang out with others nor wait for others until everybody was ready.
Due to our change of plan we did not know, that we would be going to a big Beduine camp, which wasn´t our intention at all. No comercial at all! Well, I guess we went there anyways and at that point we where quite upset. In general it is not bad at all, but since our tour had been changed, and we did not want to be on a commerial tour with a bunch of other people, we ended up with all which we did not want. Mr. Abu was our contact person and he was there as well. I guess the Beduine camp was just a quick stop for us, to start out with some refreshments and also see the camp as well. Unofrtuntely the sun started to set, and due to a misunderstanding, we had to carry our overnight stuff with us. Too bad, that made it not possible for us to sandboard the dunes. Anyways shortly after we left in a vehicle across the dunes to our night camp.
Wow, amazing!!! This is exactly what we ehere dreaming of. The setting was just beautiful! We felt like in 1000 and 1 night.
I would recommend to be at the overnight before sunset, since our pictures got a bit dark and we would have loved to enjoy the pretty set up longer in the daylight.
Anyways, we where out there inbetween the dunes, sitting on our carpet, enjoying ourselfs. Very yummy and almost too much food was brought to us, which we really enjoyed. A couple of tents where set up for us as well, which we did not end up using. Sleeping under the stars was just amazing! It does get cold in the night and also pretty moist, but we knewbefore and where prepared. Later in teh night, we got a fire started which kept us a bit warm and it was very romantic.
Waking up early in the morning, before sunset and watch sunset from the top of the dunes while it was nice and quiet was the best.
Again, yummy food/breakfast was brought to us. Anything and everything you could possibly want or need.
After breakfast transfer back to Dubai.
I woudl definitely do this again!!! Just without all the commercial things which is just not ours. I would recommend to be at the overnight spot not right at sunset, rather before, s you be able to enjoy the setting n daylight.
Thank you Mr. Abu for making this trip after all a beautiful experience, we absolutely loved it!!!

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Tinkerbell111
Reviewed December 31, 2019

This was the third time I went on a desert Safari (previous two in Dubai) but by far the best. It was a last minute booking during a very busy New Year's Eve but Aashik managed it well and kept us regularly updated on the status of the trip. Francis is a very friendly, cheerful and highly skilled driver and ensured that we had a great time. The dune bashing was a truly exhilarating experience and was the highlight of the whole trip. The land cruiser was clean and well maintained. The tent was fine with decent facilities and food was average. The Arabic dance by the male performer was truly enthralling. I have a few suggestions though - guests should be offered water during the drive and there could be some more entertainment and food variety for children. And considering that it was New Year's Eve, we did expect some special events but there was none.

I would highly recommend this Safari.

Date of experience: December 2019