“BIRTHDAY”

Get food delivered
Ranked #101 of 3,152 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cho Gao which means “rice market” in Vietnamese, combines the creativity, energy and senses of ancient Asian culture. Guests can experience an adventurous culinary journey through Asia with a menu that takes its inspiration from Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, China and Japan. The restaurant is an escape for all the senses as it blends the sights, smells, sounds and contrasting tastes of East Asian streets. From its dark wood décor reminiscent of a Hong Kong market, to its authentic cuisine, infused with the freshest herbs and spices, Cho Gao is one of Abu Dhabi’s favourite dining destinations.
Reviewed July 23, 2019

The word 'Cho Gao' does mean 'rice market' in Vietnamese.
I visited this premises to celebrate the birthday of my friend.
I was warmly welcomed there.
I highly recommend the families to try 'Cho Gao'.
Thanks to the crew.

Date of visit: May 2019
8  Thank MASSAGE THERAPI... M
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Dear THERAPI...M,

Thank yo uvery much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

I am very pleased to read your very kind words about our crew at Cho Gao, I am happy to see that you have really enjoyed your Birthday party with us!

Please feel free to come back anytime soon and we will be more than happy to assist you and make your evening special once again.

Cho Gao's Team

Write a reviewReviews (918)

Reviewed July 20, 2019

Cho Gao was always one of our favourites while living in Abu Dhabi, and the crispy duck pancakes are always worth a return visit.

Part of the appeal was the non smoking environment but the smiling staff who always go the extra mile have often made our visits more memorable.

Take our visit this Friday when we turned up out of the blue having driven over from Dubai as part of a day trip. While they were only technically serving brunch Thin the manager was kind enough to prepare one full crispy duck (delicious as ever) and their excellent Beef Rendang, melt in the mouth beef in a spicy sauce.

As per previous visits we left stuffed to the gills and freshly impressed at the service, the opposite of the ‘computer says no’ that you get at many places where they can only follow the script.

Top marks.

Date of visit: July 2019
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2019

Dear scottiehack,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

I am very pleased to read that you have really enjoyed your dinner with us and was without any doubt our pleasure to make your lunch worth the trip from Dubai.

Thin and the rest of the Team will be there on your next visit making sure once again you leave our Restaurant with a big smile on your face.

Once again thank you for chosen us and looking forward to see you on your next visit from Dubai.

Reviewed July 19, 2019

I visited Cho Gao on a date and was met with warm service from Alyssa and the restaurant manager. The selection of sushi for the sushi buffet was nice as well.

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank Wander228993
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2019

Dear Wander228993,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

I am very pleased to read that you really enjoyed your Sushi night for the quality of the food and for the very warm service provide by Alyssa and myself.

Please feel free to come back anytime soon and we will be more than happy to assist you and make your evening once again special.

Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

As we all know December 2 is the National Day in UAE and that’s a special day for me. I wanted to just be with my close friends and family and I always love Cho Gao’s sushi. So, I decided to host my little celebration with them. Sonai and Tin are always amazing. Tin especially as everytime I come with my friends she always recognizes me and asks how’s everything. I couldn’t thank them more as they always give 101% of the service that’s expected from them. Thank you so much to Sonai and Tin for making my night amazing. ☺️

Date of visit: December 2018
2  Thank Chee07

Dear CheeTas07,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

I am very pleased to read your very kind words about our Restaurant service and food, especially as you said when it comes to Sushi and the attentive and friendly service of lovely waiter Sonai and my Assistant Thin.

Please feel free to come back anytime soon and we will be more than happy to assist you and make your evening once again special!

Reviewed July 15, 2019 via mobile

100/100, attentive service and food was great.
Cho Gao is our favourite Asian Restaurant in AD.
Before we go short vacation we visited to cho gao last night, that was incredible and they offered hospitality discount as well.
Cheers Team.

Date of visit: July 2019
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2019

Dear Kmaythat,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

I am very pleased to read that you have really enjoyed your dinner with us a Cho Gao, and I am happy that Thin and Team have pleased you 100%.