“Amazing experience”

Get food delivered
Ranked #101 of 3,152 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cho Gao which means “rice market” in Vietnamese, combines the creativity, energy and senses of ancient Asian culture. Guests can experience an adventurous culinary journey through Asia with a menu that takes its inspiration from Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, China and Japan. The restaurant is an escape for all the senses as it blends the sights, smells, sounds and contrasting tastes of East Asian streets. From its dark wood décor reminiscent of a Hong Kong market, to its authentic cuisine, infused with the freshest herbs and spices, Cho Gao is one of Abu Dhabi’s favourite dining destinations.
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Had late night food and drinks with my friend. We ordered some food at the bar and it was delicious.I love the the bar area good place to just chill and relax. Service was awesome. I just want to say that, in addition to a nice food and wine, we had a delightful waiter, Mahfouz. He had just the right balance of friendliness, efficiency and was very accommodating. Will be back definitely!

Date of visit: March 2019
2  Thank ysaoanes
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2019

Dear ysaoanes,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

I would like to extend my gratitude for your very kind review and the very nice word you have spent to describe our service and food along with our lovey staff Mahfouz.

Please feel free to come back anytime soon and we will be more than happy to make your time once again special!

Cho Gao's Team!

Write a reviewReviews (918)

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Best option for Asian food. Although, it is far from where I stay because it is inside the city center. In my opinion it is worth the drive especially when people are very friendly & accomodating. They offer friday brunch where you can go to the Brazilian restaurant as well. you can also avail the buy one get one brunch.

2  Thank eventorganizers

Dear eventorganizers,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

I am very pleased to read that you have really enjoyed with us and you always find our staff polite and friendly along with our consistent food quality.

Please feel free to come back anytime soon and we will be more than happy to assist you once again in making your day special!

Looking forward to see you in our brunch time.

Cho Gao's Team

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Amazing ambience especially with our all our so friendly Thin who adds value to Xho Gao. We enjoyed the Red curry, Mai Goreng.

1  Thank prakashp320
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear Mr. Prakash,

Thank you very for your time reviewing for cho gao from Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to read your great feedback about ambiance and food especially mentioned my name.
This is what we aim for to give very warm hospitality to our guests.

Please feel free to come back any time and we will make your day special Mr.Prakash and Ms.Serina.

Looking forward to see you very soon.

Thank you.
Cho Gao Team

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with a desire for Asian delicacies as a lunch treat, I was not disappointed. Cho GAO delivers first rate and amazing abundance’s of tasty dishes. The ambiance was nice and quiet, and the staff was extremely helpful. I was even brought club soda and a cloth to help me with a spot on my shirt from slurping my noodles from the hot and sour soup. :-) and that was without asking, the server just thought it would be a nice gesture.
But the show stopper, the one dish that I will begin to develop cravings for, the one taste that will fill my dreams of returning, is the siriacha chilli prawns. Amazing dish.

I shall return, and often.

Well done Cho Gao. I tip my hat to you. :-)

2  Thank 345frankv
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

Dear Mr.Frank,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I would like to thank you so much for your very kind reviewing and nice express our service, food and ambiance. We will delighted to share your great feedback to our team. This is what we aim for our guest to feel very welcome and treat like our family.

Please feel free to come back anytime for future and we will make your day special once more.

Thank you!
Cho Gao Team

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

Had an excellent evening and meal on 2nd April 2019.

Arrived in time to catch happy hour drinks at good discount , I think 4pm to 7pm

Mixed platter starter was great followed by the best half crispy duck with hoisin sauce and pancakes.

Service from Thin and the team first class

1  Thank NeilH96
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Dear NeilH96,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

I would like to thank you for the very kind words you have used to describe our service and food, especially from Thin ..our lovely Manger.

Please feel free to come back anytime soon and we will be more than happy to assist you and make your evening once again special.

Cho Gao's Team