“Good food, great staff”

Get food delivered
Ranked #101 of 3,152 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cho Gao which means “rice market” in Vietnamese, combines the creativity, energy and senses of ancient Asian culture. Guests can experience an adventurous culinary journey through Asia with a menu that takes its inspiration from Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, China and Japan. The restaurant is an escape for all the senses as it blends the sights, smells, sounds and contrasting tastes of East Asian streets. From its dark wood décor reminiscent of a Hong Kong market, to its authentic cuisine, infused with the freshest herbs and spices, Cho Gao is one of Abu Dhabi’s favourite dining destinations.
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

We were attended by Nicole, who was very friendly, while professional! Food was good, ambience as well (Mondays they have ladies’ night and live music band). The manager is outstanding, he shares his time between Cho Gao and Spaccanapoli (Italian restaurant on the upper floor, also very good!), is also available and knowledgeable. Really like these places!

3  Thank VioSca
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Dear VioSca,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip advisor!

I am very pleased to read your very kind words about our food and service, especially from our lovely waitress Nicole and thank you for your very kind note for myself.

Please feel free to come back anytime soon and we will be more than happy to assist making sure you have another great experience.

Cho Gao's Team

Write a reviewReviews (918)

Reviewed March 21, 2019

I was craving a proper South East / East Asian meal in Abu Dhabi and after much online research, I decided to head down to Cho Gao at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Firstly, I was mighty impressed with the decorum of the restaurant. The wooden furniture, artifacts on display and the lighting ooze a typical oriental feeling.

I was greeted by the Assistant manager of the restaurant, Ms Thin who was pleasant and welcoming. A quiet speakeasy setting with humble oriental tunes playing in the background made for a wonderful afternoon. I decided to go for the Business Lunch - my choice of starter was the Vegetarian Hot and Sour Soup, Garlic and Black pepper Tiger Prawns, a Lime cheesecake for dessert and a Diet coke drink on the side.

If the Hot & sour soup first blew my mind, the tiger prawns took the whole experience to a new level! The texture of the prawns (served without shell) with the well balanced sauce with red and green chillies with spring onions in soy sauce was an exemplary combination. The prawn meet was tender suggesting the prawns were fresh. The dish was completed with Japanese steamed riced served with fried onions on top.

I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. It was food that reminded me of Singapore in so many ways. The dessert was good and it completed my meal. The ever available and friendly Ms Thin was a great host of Cho Gao.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend this restaurant to those who want to experience an authentic oriental asian meal in Abu Dhabi.

Get ready to be impressed!

2  Thank VarunD286

Dear VarunD286,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

I am very pleased to read your very accurate and generous description of our food, ambiance and service, couldn't be more details. My assistant Thin is great asset to the Restaurant making sure that every guests is very look after.

Please feel free to come back anytime soon and we will be more than happy to make sure you have another great experience.

Cho gao's Team

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

Excellent food, warm ambience. Keep coming back here for years and it never fails. Very polite staff that are happy to see regulars return, e.g. cheers to Thin she is always so nice.

1  Thank vlada_mc
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Dear vlada_mc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip advisor!

I am very pleased to read this morning your very nice words you have used to describe our food and service, and the special attention especially from Thin.

Please feel free to come back anytime soon and we will be more than happy to make your evening once again special!

Cho Gao's Team

Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

I tried Both Cho Gao in Crown plaza in Hamdan Street and in Intercontinental hotel Alkhubeira, the Marina Walk. Both places are so nice, if you want nice view it's in the Marina walk, and if you are in downtown and feel to eat Asian food it's so nice in Crown plaza. Plus they do delivery and they have special offer on lunch meals.
The cocktails are Spectacular and tasty.
I love the food of this place and the service depends, sometimes it's perfect sometimes its bad specially if they have busy days don't expect a perfect service just enjoy the food and the ambiance.

In general I do eat at Cho Gao or order from them on monthly basis.

1  Thank Tanya1777
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2019

Dear Tanya1777,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

I would like to extend my gratitude for your very kind review and the very nice word you have spent to describe our service and food.

Cho Gao's Team!

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

Nice time but ladies waiter are very bad they are good to there locality Alex bartender understand each one and is friendly

1  Thank Preeti B
IHG_AUHDTWN, Manager at Cho Gao Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Dear Preeti_bhatia1960,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased for your kind words I read this morning about our bartender Alex and I am sorry to see from your review that you didn't really like the service of our waitress.

Please feel free to come back anytime soon and we will make sure that we will make your evening special again.

Warm Regards.