“Great Asian fusion restaurant”

Cho Gao Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #32 of 2,171 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cho Gao which means “rice market” in Vietnamese, combines the creativity, energy and senses of ancient Asian culture. Guests can experience an adventurous culinary journey through Asia with a menu that takes its inspiration from Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, China and Japan. The restaurant is an escape for all the senses as it blends the sights, smells, sounds and contrasting tastes of East Asian streets. From its dark wood décor reminiscent of a Hong Kong market, to its authentic cuisine, infused with the freshest herbs and spices, Cho Gao is one of Abu Dhabi’s favourite dining destinations.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Awesome service, but without being over the top. The wait staff were discreet but always available.
Good varied menu, wasabi prawn starter excellent, we also had the chocolate samosas for dessert, they are to die for !
Happy hour everyday, I think from 4-7

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The food was great here, especially the soup, however i felt a bit congested as if they were trying to squeeze too many seats in. the ambiance was very good, but their food selection was limited for the main course and deserts and could be widened. The price however was very steep compare to its competitors.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Average food quality. Dim sum tasted frozen, pecking duck was deep fried and served cold instead of properly crisped. Friendly service. Relatively inexpensive. For superior quality dim sum nothing beats Hakasan.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I've been here about four times now, and I only ever order the one dish over and over again - the Crispy Skin Peking duck! Oh Lord it is the best I have ever tasted and its always perfect each time I order it. With the thin pancakes and condiments it comes with, sometimes I feel like crying coz its so delicious. My hubby always orders something different each time, and he always has great things to say about the dishes. We absolutely love it this restaurant and the manager is super nice! Occassionally you get the a waitress who looks like she's at the end of a long shift, but for the most part, the staff is pretty friendly :) They have a nice mocktail list and once we bought our one month babygirl in her car carrier, and they accommodated for us by giving us a quiet corner table! Would highly recommend - and for heaven sakes, order the duck and try for yourself!! Hmmm....feel like duck now again hehehe ;)

Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were here for a romantic dinner. This place is soooper romantic. Dim lights, cosy tables, nice decor and fantastic ambiance.
The food is a little pricy, but it is still good.
We were in the mood for some Thai food, and we had a couple of curries. The portions are a little small, but the curry is still good, although a little too watery.

I have heard really good things about their duck, and I will let you know as soon as I try it.
Service is awesome, though a little slow. Can't help the fact that they are SO busy all the time!

I would definitely go there again. Also, they have valet parking! Reservations are important for good seats.