“Royal Orchard at Hilton Abu Dhabi - a bit pricey for Thai food”
Review of Royal Orchid - CLOSED

Royal Orchid
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Jade is a restaurant located at the Hilton Abu Dhabi hotel offering a superior selection of fine authentic Chinese dishes hailing from the Chef's home town of Nanjing, China. Guests can choose from the à la carte menu and chef specialties surrounded by beautifully wooden décor and elaborate lighting.
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I went here on our 10th wedding anniversary (with 7 year old in tow...) because my wife likes a nice Thai dinner every now and then. We had been here before a couple of years before, and we liked the food and presentation, although each time when the check came, we wondered how we could have possibly spent so much for so little food.

After reviewing the bill, I guess when you get charged $11 USD for 2 small glasses of milk for your child (you can buy a liter of milk for $2.70 USD in Abu Dhabi), you really can't hope to get anything else on the menu for a normal price. The food is very good, and the wait staff is very attentive, but it all comes crashing down when reviewing the bill, and ultimately leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

2  Thank OneInaMillion50

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Good and spicy Thai food at very good prices.
The only drawback is the interior which lacks "asian" atmosphere, but the food and service is great so I will be back

5  Thank trpe
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Good menu choices, reasonably priced. Surprised no crab cakes but can't have everything. Friendly staff, not Thai, but attentive. Only problem with the restaurant is that is small and can't easily cater for groups larger than 4-6, and often the AC is set too low. This means that both the patrons and the food get cold very quickly. Recommend taking a shawl or jumper just in case. There are better Asian restaurants in the city (chao gao at Crowne plaza for one) but worth the trip if meeting friends in the jazz club or hemming ways bar afterwards.

2  Thank abudhabikev
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We are a family of 3 (husband & wife & 15 year old daughter) and went to dine in this restarant famous for Thai food. The restaurant is situated in the residential locality, off Salam Street, behind UNB Bank building. The sitting ambience in the resaurant was good and spacious. The service from the serving staff was attentive and caring. As a starter/appetizer we ordered sweet corn chicken soup with a spicy chicken preparation. We really liked the chicken drum stick like preparation in tasty sauce and also the spicy mixed fried rice which was part of the main Thai course. The main fish dish served on a platter was just delicious. Only suggestion for improvement is if possible to reduce the serving time whichwe felt was a little more (about more than 45 minutes). Would definitely come back again to dine/lunch in this reasonably priced great restaurant!

2  Thank Arindam G
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I simply love the cozy ambiance and the great hospitality offered . Our server was extremely well trained and gave us a full view of the menu offer. I totally agree that this is one of the best Chinese restaurant in Abu Dhabi and I will go there again very soon.Appreciate the restaurant in charge Mr Senthil for his great hospitality rendered to me and my special one!!

2  Thank kiranpatel