“Great place to stay close to Abu Dhabi Airport”

Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi Yas Island
Ranked #70 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I lived in this hotel for 6 months when it had just opened and found myself in Abu Dhabi again last week. Wanting to be close to the Abu Dhabi airport for an early morning flight I chose the Staybridge again. The hotel is still clean, well managed, very nice amenities, light family style dinners each night, and well placed to get to the airport in 15 minutes. The cost is much better than the hotels in downtown Abu Dhabi and if you don't mind a short drive into town this is the place to stay. You are 75 minutes to Dubai, and are right next to the Formula one racetrack, Ferrari World, Waterworld, and the world's Largest IKEA. I enjoy this hotel and it continues to not disappoint.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Helpful, friendly staff, great pool, good gym. Suites are spacious and facilities within good for longer stay such as washer/dryer and well equipped kitchen. Good recognition for priority club members.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms have a better view over the pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
LizPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review! We really appreciate the feedback, and it keeps the wind in our sails! SO happy to know that we made you feel right at home- that's what we enjoy doing ever day.
Thank you for being an IHG Rewards (formerly Priority Club) member! As one of our most valued IHG guests, we truly want you to know that we work hard to earn your business every day. I believe the Staybridge Team demonstrated that during your stay- it's our pleasure.
Safe travels- and hope to see you soon again
Warm regards,
Liz Beneski
Director of PR

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Yas Island for 3 months with my family. I was relocating to Abu Dhabi with my company and I was told about the place by a friend of mine. This hotel is class A all the way. From the time we checked in until the time we checked out. The Experience could not be better. The size of the room, the friendliness of the staff, the cleaning staff, the breakfast and dinner, you name it was all excellent. The hotel gives you a home away from home feeling. Right before we left they had a BBQ gathering for the tenants to celebrate American day. The Management team (Mazim & Liz ) made it f,eel very fun for my children and my children still talk about the apple game.
If we are ever in Yas Island again this will be our second home.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy1111
LizPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you ever so much for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel; you will be missed! So happy to hear that we achieved our goal: to be your home while you relocated. It was our pleasure to create a safe, fun & comfortable environment for your family!
We wish you every success in settling into your new home, and truly hope that when you and the family visit Yas Island again, you will drop by to let us know how you are doing now...
We wish you every success and sincerely thank you for taking the time to write the review
It was our extreme pleasure to be at your service
Warmest regards,
Liz Beneski
Director of PR

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We spent 9 nights there we had booked a one bed suite but were upgraded to a two bed suit with a balcony. Manager was outstanding and when the extra mile to make our stay awesome. The facilities and setting of Yas Island make this a great alternative to being stuck in the city.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank amg888
Mazen294013, Manager at Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Guest, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the great comments. All of us at the Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi Yas Island take pride in the service that we provide to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We are from Belgium and it's our first time in UAE. Me, my husband and our 3 months-old son stayed here for just 1 night. From the time we checked-in til we out, our experience here was so great, we were totally welcomed. The room was so clean and spacious. The food, though simple but looks so delicious, we enjoyed it. The staff were so friendly. I remember this one guy (trainee) in the reception during our check-in, he was so accommodating and with a sense of humor, he mentioned our name, though he pronounced it wrong and sounds funny, we appreciated it, after he gave the key he assisted us going to the lift and told us that they have dinner at 6. He called us after an hour to check if everything's fine. Me and my son went to the pool while my husband went to ferrari, the pool was nice and relaxing. After that, we ate dinner, and I saw this guy again, (Wendil -if i'm not mistaken), He welcomed us and offer some food. What I really appreciate with what He did is that, when he saw that I can not eat properly because I'm carrying my baby, he told me to carry my son so I can eat properly and he did that for about 15minutes 'til my husband arrived from the ferrari. Sad that I didn't see him when we checked-out the next day. This hotel should be proud of staff not only to this guy but to all who plays an excellent role in guest experience. We will stay here again the next time we will visit Abu Dhabi. Dank u wel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a great time in the spacious suite we were provided with. Moreover, the hotel is near all Yas Island attractions. The hotel staff were friendly. We think we would stay there again, if we visit Abu Dhabi again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Q8T
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This being my first time to Staybridge Brand, we went there with open minds and boy, was I blown away. From the get-go until the time we left, we really felt at home.

Let me give you a brief breakdown.

Reception:
Very smooth and efficient arrival exprience. Our car was Parked for free by Valet. Zain from the lobby was very attentive and showed us to the Hub Kitchen (The breakfast dining area) for Coffee and cookies while we waited for our room to be ready.

Check-in was very professional. A big thanks and hearty gratitude to Riezel, Maruf and Pavithra from the reception who greeted us with smiles and took care of every request we threw at them. The Hotel should be proud of staff like this. From the numerous telephone calls to the my persistent nagging - they took it all. I'm very happy, because I believe the staff plays a major role in guest experience.

Breakfast:
Never really knew what to expect but added free breakfast was a big bonus. and wow! What a selection - From Diff kinds of breads, dips, crudités, Hot preparations that are on rotation on a daily basis like Eggs, Sausages, fry'ems to the open refrigerator spoiling us with a vast array of juices and fruit yogurts to choose from, not to forget the assorted baked goods that was just simply so fresh.
We ate hearty and it was now time to retire to the room.

Room:
I have stayed twice here already - Once in a 2 Bedroom suite and another time in a Studio Suite.
The rooms were absolutely clean, well stocked and quite spacious with brilliant views.
The kitchen/pantry had everything that was needed to prepare a meal. All of them in excellent working conditions. Fully equipped with cutlery and crockery of all shapes and sizes.
The Beds were soft and just perfect. The air conditioning in the room was controllable and very efficient.
Overall, I loved the room a lot. The toilets are great too with fresh towels everywhere you look.

The best touch was the addition of the Washer/dryer in the room that helped me clean my clothes due to an accidental spill. They even provide detergent to wash. Neat touch.

Pool deck and Beach Access:

The pool is rectangular and is styled similar to a Lap Pool. Although Staybridge guests are given access to the Crowne Plaza Gym and pool, I preferred the one in Staybridge as it was neat, less noisy, had plenty of poolside chairs and offered great views of the sea side.
Angelo I believe who was the lifeguard on duty was very courteous and assisted my family by the poolside.

All guests are given free access to the YAS Private beach which is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Its calm but nothing xtraordinary. I'm a beach buff but this beach left much to be desired for.

Service:
Impeccable. Every request from Housekeeing calls to Room service was done in a jiffy and as per the time mentioned. Smiling faces greeted us everywhere. We had ordered Seafood Pizza combo with Caesar Salad and Passion Fruit cheesecake from Room service and it was brilliant. Compliments to the Chef for that.

Overall it was a great stay and we will be back for such impeccable hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for Sea view rooms or Corner rooms - They offer Double windows with Views of the Island as well...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family