“Out Standing”

Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi Yas Island
Ranked #68 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We spent 9 nights there we had booked a one bed suite but were upgraded to a two bed suit with a balcony. Manager was outstanding and when the extra mile to make our stay awesome. The facilities and setting of Yas Island make this a great alternative to being stuck in the city.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank amg888
Mazen294013, Manager at Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Guest, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the great comments. All of us at the Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi Yas Island take pride in the service that we provide to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi Yas Island

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We are from Belgium and it's our first time in UAE. Me, my husband and our 3 months-old son stayed here for just 1 night. From the time we checked-in til we out, our experience here was so great, we were totally welcomed. The room was so clean and spacious. The food, though simple but looks so delicious, we enjoyed it. The staff were so friendly. I remember this one guy (trainee) in the reception during our check-in, he was so accommodating and with a sense of humor, he mentioned our name, though he pronounced it wrong and sounds funny, we appreciated it, after he gave the key he assisted us going to the lift and told us that they have dinner at 6. He called us after an hour to check if everything's fine. Me and my son went to the pool while my husband went to ferrari, the pool was nice and relaxing. After that, we ate dinner, and I saw this guy again, (Wendil -if i'm not mistaken), He welcomed us and offer some food. What I really appreciate with what He did is that, when he saw that I can not eat properly because I'm carrying my baby, he told me to carry my son so I can eat properly and he did that for about 15minutes 'til my husband arrived from the ferrari. Sad that I didn't see him when we checked-out the next day. This hotel should be proud of staff not only to this guy but to all who plays an excellent role in guest experience. We will stay here again the next time we will visit Abu Dhabi. Dank u wel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a great time in the spacious suite we were provided with. Moreover, the hotel is near all Yas Island attractions. The hotel staff were friendly. We think we would stay there again, if we visit Abu Dhabi again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Q8T
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This being my first time to Staybridge Brand, we went there with open minds and boy, was I blown away. From the get-go until the time we left, we really felt at home.

Let me give you a brief breakdown.

Reception:
Very smooth and efficient arrival exprience. Our car was Parked for free by Valet. Zain from the lobby was very attentive and showed us to the Hub Kitchen (The breakfast dining area) for Coffee and cookies while we waited for our room to be ready.

Check-in was very professional. A big thanks and hearty gratitude to Riezel, Maruf and Pavithra from the reception who greeted us with smiles and took care of every request we threw at them. The Hotel should be proud of staff like this. From the numerous telephone calls to the my persistent nagging - they took it all. I'm very happy, because I believe the staff plays a major role in guest experience.

Breakfast:
Never really knew what to expect but added free breakfast was a big bonus. and wow! What a selection - From Diff kinds of breads, dips, crudités, Hot preparations that are on rotation on a daily basis like Eggs, Sausages, fry'ems to the open refrigerator spoiling us with a vast array of juices and fruit yogurts to choose from, not to forget the assorted baked goods that was just simply so fresh.
We ate hearty and it was now time to retire to the room.

Room:
I have stayed twice here already - Once in a 2 Bedroom suite and another time in a Studio Suite.
The rooms were absolutely clean, well stocked and quite spacious with brilliant views.
The kitchen/pantry had everything that was needed to prepare a meal. All of them in excellent working conditions. Fully equipped with cutlery and crockery of all shapes and sizes.
The Beds were soft and just perfect. The air conditioning in the room was controllable and very efficient.
Overall, I loved the room a lot. The toilets are great too with fresh towels everywhere you look.

The best touch was the addition of the Washer/dryer in the room that helped me clean my clothes due to an accidental spill. They even provide detergent to wash. Neat touch.

Pool deck and Beach Access:

The pool is rectangular and is styled similar to a Lap Pool. Although Staybridge guests are given access to the Crowne Plaza Gym and pool, I preferred the one in Staybridge as it was neat, less noisy, had plenty of poolside chairs and offered great views of the sea side.
Angelo I believe who was the lifeguard on duty was very courteous and assisted my family by the poolside.

All guests are given free access to the YAS Private beach which is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Its calm but nothing xtraordinary. I'm a beach buff but this beach left much to be desired for.

Service:
Impeccable. Every request from Housekeeing calls to Room service was done in a jiffy and as per the time mentioned. Smiling faces greeted us everywhere. We had ordered Seafood Pizza combo with Caesar Salad and Passion Fruit cheesecake from Room service and it was brilliant. Compliments to the Chef for that.

Overall it was a great stay and we will be back for such impeccable hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for Sea view rooms or Corner rooms - They offer Double windows with Views of the Island as well...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Irshu88
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here for about 2 months and was extremely satisfied with the whole experience. The staff were polite and were happy to assist you should you need help with arranging hire cars, excursions etc. The reception is clean and furnished to a high standard. The standard of the rooms is high and everything worked, and when it did not they were very quick to rectify the situation. Beds are big and comfy, floor to ceiling windows (which are dusty most of the time given where you are) and kitchen is modern and well equipped. The rooms are well insulated. Breakast is laid on in the morning and there is a good variety as there are usually different nationalities staying. Cereals, fruit, yoghurt, bread, hot breakfast (obviously no pork) , orange, apple juice and lactose free milk are all on offer in addition to as much coffee and tea as you can drink. Alternatively you can have breakfast in the comfort of your own room. There is a pool open from the early hours to late at night and a gym in the basement. Plenty of parking in the basement garage. The suites are located next to 4 other hotels so dinner in the evening is not a problem if you don't fancy cooking in your room. The Crown Plaza has reciprocal rights with the Suites so you can use their facilities and restaurants and charge it back to your room. It is about 25 minutes to Abu Dhabi on the newly constructed freeway and the Suites provide a shuttle twice a day. Bikes are also available to hire should you wish to take these around the F1 track in the evening. Overall - a real home away from home. My children still ask if we can go back there !

Room Tip: Only the twin rooms have a balcony. All rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Practicalman
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites on Yas Island for 6 weeks and it really felt like a second home. The staff was always very courteous and would go the extra mile for you. The breakfast buffet was very nice and had a great supply of fruit drinks and cereals along with the hot food which was just 'ok'.

I took full advantage of the gym and usually had it to myself which was a great treat. The pool of Staybridge was very nice, however I recommend going next door to the Crowne Plaza (sister property) as the pool is larger and there is a wet bar. The bartenders there remembered my name by my 3rd time at the bar, nothing better than soaking in the cool pool on a hot day arms reach of a drink :)

What was really nice about the adjacent properties is you could charge room service to your room from either location. Also on the Crowne Plaza property was a great restaurant/bar which always had lots of friendly patrons always up for a conversation.

There are also several other hotels on Yas Island just a few steps away, also a few steps away was the racetrack. Outside of that, you need to drive to go to any other destinations.

Really great experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank robertholf
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and absolutely LOVED it. During this same trip we had stayed at another hotel for 4 nights during a convention, at the convention centre. And then moved to the Staybridge Suites.
The staff were wonderful, from when we got out of our car, to when we checked in. And for the rest of our stay. We truly felt like we were at home. Our room was wonderfully clean and the bed was probably the most comfortable bed I've slept in in a while! (Including my home bed.)
The manager was a delight, and was very friendly and made us feel very welcome everytime we saw him. We didnt spend much time at the hotel pool, opting instead to use the pool at the Crowne Plaza next door. ONLY because that pool got the sun first. So we just went there everyday instead. However, the Staybridge pool area is fantastic, and the hotel has its own private beach! (Which we sadly didn't use because we just ran out of time. The manager kept reminding us, but by the time we checked out, there was no time.) We will definitely stay here again.
The breakfast is great. Enough to start your day, and you have a full kitchen in your suite, so you can even cook your own meals!
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle in Abu Dhabi city centre hotels. This hotel is a gem.
The wifi was fantastic both in the room, and also downstairs. They have a lovely sitting area and a sort of library where kids (or grownups) can play video games, or you can just read a book.
Lots of room in this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic. But not all come with balconies. So ask for a room with a balcony at checki...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple