“Poolside”

Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Ranked #24 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I am an ardent fan of a Beach Hotel and this one exactly serves my purpose. Right from the start it impressed me since I was recommended by my friend and through Group on I thought of giving it a try. The lady at the reception of the spa was very helpful and communicated all the do and donts at the Pool. Moved to the next counter wherein the gentleman politely offered his assistance with towels and a bottle of water which was offered complimentary. The Pool was fabulous so huge seems like one of the longest and to my surprise the other end is a surprise of Bar which had loads to offer. Tried to take a lounge at the beach which was cool overlooking the Grand Mosque. Spent the entire day in and out of Pool. Was hungry and thought of trying the restaurant located near to the Bar named Poolside. Tried a Burger recommended by one waiter which consisted of Bacon, was a mouthful and great to taste. They have Happy Hours from 4PM which was a wow as they had beers on offer which was my favorite. Some fruits were offered on stick as well. Finally winded up my day with Shisha which was something new for me at the Beach. Loved it. Got a discount on the Bill as part of Groupon. Trust me a must try for all and through Groupon its a value deal guys, just go for it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank paul g
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Bab Al Bahr

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I wasn't holding out much hope for this hotel, nothing can compare to the other hotel we had been to on this vacation, but I have to eat my words

The Fairmont was very very good. I am extremely picky and I really only have one major complaint and that was about housekeeping standards. The tiled floors were not mopped prior to our stay or throughout it, flannels never replaced, bathrobes not hung back up, side tables and desk were dusty, bathroom scales didn't work, shall I go on?

All this didn't ruin our stay though. The pool, beach and restaurants were very good. Only thing I would like staff to do is to ask guests to not play their music out of mobile phones. We don't all have the same taste in music and frankly it's rather distasteful for a five staff hotel.

Pick your room carefully AND reconfirm your choice! I contacted the hotel to ask for a quiet room, for whatever reason they ignored this and put us in a room right beside the lifts, total pain in the morning with people getting up and going to breakfast, kids running about shouting etc.

Last thing is WIFI, free WIFI should be standard in a five star hotel, especially one that sell a itself at a business hotel! For the business people their employers will pick up the cost so they aren't really caring, whereas for us on holiday it's unacceptable, to have to pay around £17 for 24hrs access. Ridiculous! Even a 2 star Premier Inn gives limited free WIFI. Really hope the hotel sorts this out.

Room Tip: Chose and reconfirm!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank edinsk
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear edinsk,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. We value all our guest comments and therefore have shared your feedback with the relevant departments.

Once again, thank you for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We'd been to Dubai so wanted to try something with slightly less glitz but still a high level of service. This hotel matched that expectation perfectly.
Five star but certainly not stuffy. Staff could not have been more helpful or informative while the standard of service was absolutely impeccable.
We stayed in a standard Fairmont room on the fourth floor with a magnificent view of the Grand Mosque (definitely a MUST see) and spent 90 per cent of our time on the beach or around the pool which was fantastic. Again the service at Poolside was excellent and the food and drinks up to Fairmont's high standards.
We ate in Frankie's (Italian) Cedar Lounge (Lebanese) and the buffet at Cuiscene and couldn't really fault any of the restaurants where the service matched our expectation and the food was top quality.
It's not cheap but then again this is five star hotel and certainly no more expensive than Fairmont's Savoy while the service certainly matched London - and that's the best we've experienced anywhere in the world.
Of course, 75+ degrees in February certainly helps but I would happily recommend the Bab Al Bahr to anybody at any time of the year.

Room Tip: Any room with a view towards the Grand Mosque on the creek side
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MaccaMedia
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear MaccaMedia ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review and recommendation. Your compliments are greatly appreciated especially regarding our service. It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed as a family for the fourth time in Oct 2013 half term. Once again from the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The staff in this wonderful hotel cannot do enough for you. We stayed on the gold floor which is well worth the extra. We tried the Hilton as a comparison but after one night we moved straight back to the Fairmont! The pool and beach area is spacious, immaculately kept and beautiful. We stayed during the FIFA under 17 world cup football tournament - FIFA were staying at the hotel and the Fairmont even arranged for them to take us on their bus to the game. ot sure FIFA were happy about it but the hotel just told them they did not have a choice! This hotel is amazing and we will be back very soon.

Room Tip: Stay on the gold floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Biztravel2014
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Overall a really fantastic hotel. The restaurant selection is outstanding. The concierge are very knowledgeable and helpful. The room design and decor is fantastic - even the standard ones. The view is beautiful. I was lucky enough to be there over Christmas period, the hotel organises lots of events and christmas like celebrations. There was a bonfire on the beach front with egg nog and caroles, which was very sweet. The actual Christmas lunch was.... there are no words... unremarkable, like a five star fine dining experience of all foods and cultures possible.
The service of all staff at the Fairmont was so exceptional, so friendly and charming from the bar tenders to the waiters to the management. The pool and beach area is great to relax, there is a jacuzzi on the beach front, and lots of deckchairs to lye on - I recommend placing a book or towel on a deckchair early to get one... in high season they tend to get booked quickly. The jacuzzi area is great for during half price cocktails at sunset!! There is also an array of games on the beach, e.g. table tennis

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fauve D

Dear Fauve D,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and for taking the time to post this positive review. We are very humbled by your kind words and I will ensure that your compliments will be conveyed to our entire team. It will also be our pleasure to welcome you again for another great experience in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had my breakfast at the main resturant and I must say that it was a very nice experience, the staff were really welcoming and the food quality was up to standard, although the only comment I had was the croissant,,, the chef do prepare them on early morning and by the time it loses the crunchy famous taste of it because of humidity, I spoke to the chef and he sent me some from the kitchen and there was a huge deference in taste it was crunchy, fresh and delicious, the manager passed by and took my comment regarding that and he was a really gentle, polite and taking care about every detail, Mr. Prageeth kumar I hope that this small issue we'll be fixed ASAP, looking forward to come again and try the croissant to see if they have skipped that hump. I really recommend visiting this place and hope you enjoy,,,

Mansour Alkhajeh

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mansour A
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Mr. Alkhajeh,

On behalf of the entire Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review. We value all our guest comments and therefore have shared your feedback with our relevant departments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is by far the most amazing hotel ive ever stayed in, the place is just fantastic and the staff were very friendly. The rooms are top notch and serviced a few times a day. The pool was fantastic also with great views of the grand mosque. Breakfast was great with a fantastic selection each morning. I would definetly reccomend this hotel and the location is good and in a nice area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple