“Breakfast experience in cuiscene resturant”

Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Ranked #24 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had my breakfast at the main resturant and I must say that it was a very nice experience, the staff were really welcoming and the food quality was up to standard, although the only comment I had was the croissant,,, the chef do prepare them on early morning and by the time it loses the crunchy famous taste of it because of humidity, I spoke to the chef and he sent me some from the kitchen and there was a huge deference in taste it was crunchy, fresh and delicious, the manager passed by and took my comment regarding that and he was a really gentle, polite and taking care about every detail, Mr. Prageeth kumar I hope that this small issue we'll be fixed ASAP, looking forward to come again and try the croissant to see if they have skipped that hump. I really recommend visiting this place and hope you enjoy,,,

Mansour Alkhajeh

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mansour A
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Mr. Alkhajeh,

On behalf of the entire Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review. We value all our guest comments and therefore have shared your feedback with our relevant departments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nils Axing

Write a ReviewReviews (2,599)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is by far the most amazing hotel ive ever stayed in, the place is just fantastic and the staff were very friendly. The rooms are top notch and serviced a few times a day. The pool was fantastic also with great views of the grand mosque. Breakfast was great with a fantastic selection each morning. I would definetly reccomend this hotel and the location is good and in a nice area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iano c
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had a room on the 6th floor, which faced the Grand mosque over the waterway..

The room itself was very spacious, with comfortable bed, sofa, extensive TV channels (great if you like football). The bathroom was a wet room , while the washing facilities were excellent.

The food in the buffet wasa wide variety of international, Arabian and Asian. There was also a selection of suchi and other cold fish dishes, while there was a wide selection of salads. The staff in the buffet, as in the rest of the hotel were uniformly excellent and friendly.

Mainly, this is a business hotel, but as a vacation base in Abu Dhabi, I recommend it with hesitation.

Room Tip: A room at the back gives you the views over the water and the Mosque
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gerry53021
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Gerry53021,

Greetings from Fairmont Bab Al Bahr!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this wonderful review and recommendation. We are very pleased to know that you had a great stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed your dining experience in our CuiScene Restaurant.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed here January 2014 as an Emirates stop over on the way to Mauritius, a 1.5 hour drive from frantic Dubai. This place is sanctuary, particularly as we booked a room on the Executive 7th floor - breakfast, afternoon tea, evening canapés, cocktail happy hour and late night deserts all included. I could not speak too highly of the service level and personal touch but I will say Rod / Rodrigues makes a mean dirty martini at the bar ! Go the extra mile and stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike T
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have stayed at a few Fairmonts as my brother works for the Empress in Victoria, Canada. This was quite possibly he best one. I think the Middle East has exceptional customer service anyway and this hotel did not disappoint. It has the most impressive entrance lobby and perfectly manicured gardens with the addition of amazing water features. I found it comparable to the Jumeirah Beach hotel in Dubai. Each bedroom has window that spans from wall to walk and floor to ceiling so the view over the Mosque is incredible. Make sure you book a room with a view.
The room service was fantastic. Really well presented and hot on arrival. The CuiScene restaurant was buffet style and had a fantastic selection from sushi to Arabian to Italian. The Cedar Lounge, a Lebanese restaurant had the most beautiful surroundings but I must admit the main courses looked very carelessly put together and everything came with chips. A bit odd? We didn't try the Marco Pierre White or Frankies restaurants.
We took our three year old and were slightly concerned he wouldn't fit in to a hotel like this as it does cater for businesses a lot too. We were pleasantly surprised that everyone made a real fuss of him and the beach had a trampoline and a box of toys for children to use. I'm sure it has kids clubs in the school holidays too.
It was exactly what we wanted. Top service and just enough to keep our child happy without being tacky.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the mosque, try for a high floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Edgegirl,

Thank you very for choosing to stay at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and for the compliments that you have shared especially regarding our service. It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guest. Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you once again for another great experience in the near future.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed in the Fairmont for 6 nights while on business in Abu Dhabi in January.
My room was really spacious with two double beds, sofa, desk space and large bathroom, no view unfortunately but as i was out all day from 8 - 7 that was not too much of an issue.
The service there is wonderful. from front desk to housekeeping. In room dining is delivered within 30 minutes of ordering. The food is decent though a little bland, the fruit platters and sushi are particularly good. The gym is well equipped, there is a mixed gym and a ladies only gym. It is right on the beach and the outdoor area is immaculate. I did not get a chance to try out the outdoor pool but it looked really inviting.
The breakfast buffet is a little disappointing, it seemed to be the same thing each morning, and while the coffee is very good the offer of scrambled eggs with cheese EVERY morning soon had me eating just some plain toast for breakfast, which then seems like poor value for money. If you had time you could get eggs to order to but queue and the wait meant this was not possible for anyone in a hurry.
It is more of a resort hotel than a business hotel so the majority are on leisure breaks which does of course mean a more relaxed service.
I ate lasagna in Frankie's one night but it was not very good. Had dinner at Meat and Co. another night which is in the souk just down the road and that is very good.
All in all a decent hotel and will be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Karen180176,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. We value all our guest comments and therefore have shared your feedback with the relevant departments.

Once again, thank you for choosing Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

What an amazing hotel to stay in, my husband and myself had a ball.
Huge rooms always spotless.
Fantastic food I can highly recommend the Marco steak one, if your like me I had a blue one cooked to perfection.
If you want a taste of heaven then get booking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear vikki_young ,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post this review. We are pleased to know that you had great stay and particularly enjoyed dining in our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill.