“not tasty at all”

Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Ranked #24 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My first experience at the restaurant was x.mas dinner.the service was bad and food didn't have any taste at all.
Theh we went for lunch 3 days ago.same thing.
I think the problem is that the chef doesn't know Arabic or European cooking.sorry to say that.but that's the truth.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank zoubida o o
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Bab Al Bahr

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I flew overnight from Mumbai to Abu Dhabi, arriving at 7am. In order to have immediate access to my room upon arrival, I reserved (and guaranteed) the previous night, in addition to the next night of my stay. When I arrived the reception lady started with the perplexed stares at the computer screen so I knew something was wrong. After 10 minutes or so she said that my reservation had been cancelled since I was a "no show." I told her that surely I was not the first customer to book the night before in order to get to sleep ASAP upon arrival. Then I was told that I could have a room but would have to wait for it to be cleaned. Huh? So it became clear that they had given my room away to another guest. I began to get testy ( a lot of time had gone by at this point) and lo and behold there was another larger room available, that they would give me. They had this room all along......why torture me? Especially since it was their screw up that caused the problem.
Then, when I got to my room and I called for laundry pick up.....nobody answered any of my calls. Laundry, Operator, Reception. Maybe I was blacklisted for being "difficult" like Elaine on Seinfeld. To be fair, I just ordered a Salad Nicoise from room service. It came fast and was excellent.

Room Tip: Creek view. Nice view of the water, beach and the huge mosque.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brooklyn-Jared
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to learn that your check-in experience did not live up to your expectations this time. We do appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with the relevant departments.

Kindest regards,

Nils Axing

Reviewed February 25, 2013

one of most luxury hotel I had visited ,Price was reasonable, the view of sheikh zayed mosque was great ,also the room was big and very clean ,valet parking was free. i will recommend my friends to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ayman_S_11
Reviewed February 24, 2013

excellant location,new hotel with ultra modern lobby and modern style interiors ,spacious, helpful staff,very good gem and nice 50 meter pool over looking sandy beach but no spa in hotel yet , slow internet.

Room Tip: ask for sea view room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

The room is quite spacious, beach and pool facilities are amazing - perfect for a gateway. But far from the city... Close by you will find a souq called qaryat al berri; you can have dinner there overlooking the marina.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Salwa A
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband, two year old son and I stayed at this wonderful hotel in November 2012.
This is the second time that we were staying at the Fairmont. However I never got around to writing a review.
We absolutely love this hotel and it's brilliant team of staff. I have never stayed at a hotel where the staff are so friendly, professional and dedicated. When we asked our little son where he would like to go on holiday , without thinking he said" I want to go to my Abu Dhabi hotel!"
I would like to say a big thank you to Coco ( breakfast buffet and restaurant), Tendai from housekeeping and the pool team. You guys have made our stay memorable.
We hope that we can come back soon! And please open up a Fairmont in Doha! They are in need of a fabulous hotel like yours.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I spent a night at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr recently.

The hotel is spectacular and has a brilliant view of the Grand Mosque. The grounds are lovely.

The breakfast is the best I have ever had. Brilliant buffet and an absolute must. They also have a good steak house.

There's really nothing bad to say about this hotel.

Needless to say, the service is efficient and friendly.

If you are staying in Abu Dhabi for a short time, stay here. Perfect for short transit trips when you need to be near the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
FairmontBabAlBahr, General Manager at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share this review. Your positive feedback regarding our hotel is greatly appreciated.

I, along with the entire Fairmont Bab Al Bahr team, are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,