“Loved the hotel, food and staff”

Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi
Ranked #3 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent for business trips to Abu Dhabi. Close to city center and very near to the exhibition center. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Akram at the desk is very helpful in arranging meter taxi to where you need to go in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Philipp E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Great to know you found our hotel perfect for your business trip and thank you for recommending us for the same as well. Glad to know we were a convenient choice for you as well. Your compliments have been shared with Akram as well, who is delighted with the same.

Hope to see you return for more business trips.

Regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Wow, wow, wow!!! From the time you arrive at front door until you depart what a great place to stay. Checked in after a long flight no issues with anything, every employee greeted you with a truly warm smile and a check if there was anything that you needed. Food was always top class no matter if from room service, bar, or one of the restaurants. The roof top bar was nice place at night to hang out and relax. Good gym and pool. Adel at the bar and Kace at costumer service stood out as people who loved their job and taking care others.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi.

We would also like to thank you for your appreciation of our hotel and I am glad to know you were well taken care of by the team as well. Great to know you enjoyed our food, rooms, the gym, the pool, the Thirty 1st bar and more! Thank you for your recommendation for Adel and Kace, the same has been shared with them too.

We look forward to your return soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Again for business in Abu Dhabi and again in the Holiday Inn.
What a different experience with respect to other hotels where I regularly stay that every staff member (from the concierge to front office staff to restaurant staff) recognize me and some even remember my name.....after almost four months. This is great!
A special recommendation for Akram, this guy is really great: service to the guests (not just towards me, also towards others), helping wherever he can. Keep this guy!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Philipp E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for another review!

We are ecstatic to have you return to the Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi whilst on another trip. I am delighted to know the team recognized and addressed you by your name, reinstating our importance to providing excellent guest services and making guest stays memorable. Your compliments to Akram and the team have been cascaded, with appreciation from them on the same.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have to say, I stay in a lot of 5 STAR hotels all over the Middle East Region and many of these do not even come close to the memorable experience you will enjoy here in this 4 STAR property!
The hotel is in excellent condition, clean and is very well presented with all the usual facilities available, but it is not for these reasons that you will be "wowed". It is because of the staff! I have never come across such a "family" team that are so genuinely focused on customer attention.
I should explain a little, by profession I am a Training Instructor - I spend my working life travelling the Middle East training staff on Customer Management Techniques and other disciplines - (not for IHG Hotels I hasten to add). So, I observe much and I am very critical when it comes to Customer Service.
Just watching the staff interaction with guests and especially with their children is a sight to behold.
In most 5 star accommodation the staff are attentive and nothing is "too much trouble sir", in other words they deliver what you might 'expect'. Here, in Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, they deliver 'delight'. You get a real impression that they actually believe in what they are doing - not just doing what is required. This provides guests with a feeling of trust and a real sense of relationship - crucial in todays market to encourage customers to return again and again. Full marks to their training programme. Equally important, full marks to the staff and their personalities.
Some notable members of staff : Antonio, [Lemon Tree Manager] - superb management. Dori,, [Reception] - excellent attention. Jihad, [Silk Route Café] -smooth service and always smiling. Manuella, [Lobby Coffee Shop] - relaxed, professional and makes the best coffee (better than Antonio's) lol. Sintha, [Health Club] - sublime experience, very competent. (apologies if I have misspelled any names).
I have never before been moved to actually write a review of any of my Hotel experiences - most are good but unremarkable - in all honesty Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi deserves the highest praise. They are REMARKABLE!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rickster73
Philipp E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a generous review.

I am glad to read that you were wowed by our hotel, our services and our team. Guest satisfaction is always our top priority and we are glad you felt every bit of quality customer service. Your appreciation for our various team members has been cascaded to the team, who are thankful for your kind words.

Thank you once again for your praise, and we hope to see you return soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn in Abu Dhabi for almost 3 months. I have traveled and stayed in hotels and resorts in more than 40 countries around the world. This is the best service I have received by all the staff of any place I have ever stayed. Although the hotel is considered only 3 or 4 stars, the service and be considered 5 star.
I eat at least 2 meals everyday here and have always had great service. The manager at the "Silk Road" restaurant not only treats the customers well but shows respect for his wait staff which in turn causes them to treat the customers with friendly respectful service.
The sales staff always find time to ask how my stay is and even the slightest issues are dealt with promptly.
House keeping is also very good at recognizing my needs. My room is always fresh and clean and ready for me when I return to my room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Hello David,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us over 3 months. Given your travel experience, we are happy to know you have enjoyed the services of our team. Thank you once again for your compliments towards our manager at the Silk route, our sales team and our housekeeping team.

We hope you do continue to choose to stay with us.

Regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was impressed with the slant towards families at this brunch. I had a week old baby, it was my daughter's 5th birthday, we brought two of her friends and my mother was visiting. Lots of people to keep happy! The food and drinks satisfied the adults no end. A good choice including a bbq outside, lovely sushi and fresh salads as well as a good choice of hot mains and puds. The roast beef was cooked to perfection. Once fed, the children darted off to the kids's room. The entertainer offered face painting and a number of craft type activities. There was food in this room too and a tv with cartoons so they were happy for the duration. I was particularly impressed when the doorman offered to collect my car from the car park when he saw I had a pram and a child while my husband drove the others home in his car. Thank you Isaac and congratulations to the hotel. I shall definitely be recommending you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sheena,

We would like to thank you for your review.

Thank you for choosing us as your celebration hub for daughter's 5th birthday. We are both delighted and honoured. Happy to know you enjoyed every bit of your meal, and happier that the kids enjoyed themselves! Your compliments have been passed on our the chef and his team, as the same with Issac too.

I am pleased to see that your guests and you were well taken care of, and we thank you for your recommendation as well. Hope to see you once again.

Thanks and regards,

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn while on a three-week business trip. My experience could not have been better. From the moment I checked in until I departed the staff at the information desk, and especially at the concierge desk, quickly became my go-to friends. The hotel is beautiful and kept very clean. I highly recommend the services of Ambu (concierge desk), a young man (in his early 20s) also at the concierge desk whose name I unfortunately did not get, and Mary, the hostess at the Silk Souq restaurant were three of the friendliest, competent, and overall helpful staff employees I had the privilege of seeing every day of my visit; I miss their sweet personalities and smiles already. I would certainly stay make a point of returning to the Holiday Inn should I every get the chance to return!! My heartfelt thanks to each employee I met for making my "home away from home" so enjoyable! Cathy W.

Room Tip: My room was on the 8th floor, so the view of the city was fantastic. The room was quiet and the a...