“Comfortable, and I would stay there next time!”

Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi
Ranked #3 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The employees I dealt with were helpful and welcoming.
My room was a nice size, good furnishings, and good toiletries.
There are multiple dining options.
I thought the breakfast had many options and good quality.
I also enjoyed dining on the top floor at the bar/lounge. It's a nice ambiance there.
I also like the Hooka Lounge. I felt like I could do something different for fod/beverage each night of the trip.
I went to look at the pool on the roof. It's kind of small, but then again it's probably more of a business hotel then a resort/vacation hotel. I wouldn't pick this one for a pool focused stay, for anything else it's great and I will plan to go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank _Mundo_Traveler_11
Philipp E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Hello Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to review us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi. Glad you liked everything about your stay - from our rooms, amenities, team members, restaurants to our food variety. Thank you for recommending us as well, and once again we are grateful.

Happy to welcome you once again, until your next visit.

Take care,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I wish to express to all the staff and crew of the Holiday Inn who were involved in making our Naw-Rúz celebration a success and joy for its participants our heartiest appreciation and gratitude. This is in spite of the large number of attendees which reached 180. Everyone felt welcome, comfortable and relaxed, both adults and children. The food and beverage selection was very appropriate and it was so convenient that the venues, where the food was kept for adults and children, were segregated. The waiters were so courteous and did an excellent job. The re-printing and distribution of the night's program, which was done on the spot, went beyond your call of duty and you should be commended for it.

Your efforts impacted many people’s lives. Your help made Naw-Rúz an event which the adults, youth and especially the children will look back upon and have very fond memories. I greatly appreciate the work you did to make the Naw-Rúz party a success.

In truth, it was a lovely celebration as a result of the beautiful hotel atmosphere which embraced everyone. We look forward to enjoying similar functions in the future at your lovely establishment.

With loving regards

Naghmeh Khalili

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Naghmeh,

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience with us.

We are happy to know you had a great experience with your Naw-Rúz celebrations at our hotel. Delighted that our team went extra mile with your event.

We look forward to playing host to your guests and you once again.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here for a few days on business in March, All of the staff were very friendly and welcoming, the gym and pool facilities where excellent. The breakfast staff where very friendly and efficient. The rooms are very clean. The reception staff very helpfull. I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Hello Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel. We are glad you found our team and our services friendly and our facilities excellent. Your appreciation for our food and rooms have been shared with our team as well, who are grateful.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Friendly staff, comfortable bed, good food, excellent breakfasts. Stayed for three nights on business trip - was late arrival but no problem to check in, plenty of staff on duty. Room slightly basic but wholly adequate, good wi fi. Happy to recommend for business travelers or friends on break. Waitresses assisting at breakfast in morning were great. Good cereals, fried and other breakfasts - good choice of fruit and good croissants.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate your feedback as well.

Happy to know you had a great stay at the hotel and a comfortable one too. Thank you for your compliments with regards to our breakfast spread, glad you enjoyed the same.

We hope you do return soon to stay with us for a longer time.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time to come to holiday inn ,the hotel is not that far from the place where i live :) the staff greeting you in the entrance it was good impression for us , the lobby is looking nice and modern...the lemon tree food it was really Delicious , we saw the hubbly bubbly cafe it's good to have the shisha in that open area with some arabic music "we will try that next time" :) Me and my friends we came to the hotel by Invitation of Adel and it was Great experience for us , As we still new in Abu dhabi we went to some hotels in the city near our home , However the ladies night in 31st bar is nice and better than some bars we went befor , The DJ also have good music ..the terrace view is wonderful we took lot of pictures , also we meet Kiran he is really helpful and friendly he is giving us some information we want to know about the place:) we will come in the weekend as well because of the karaoke night ...the service is fantastic and Quick, the staff smiling to you all the time every where in the hotel , it was our first time to come and we really like the HOLIDAY INN , we are planing to stay in one of the weekends at the hotel and we try the other facilites in the hotel , Thanks for Adel and Kiran....Holiday inn we will be your Regular Guest during stay in Abu Dhabi.

Kate Parker

• Stayed: March 2013

Hello Kate,

Thank you for your generous feedback.

We appreciate your compliments and we are glad you did accept Adel's invitation to visit our hotel. It is great to know that you were impressed with our hotel, the services we offered and by our team members too! We definitely suggest you return to Hubbly Bubbly with friends and enjoy many of the Arabic treats we serve with your favourite shisha as well. And if you love to sing, then definitely make it for our Karaoke night on Fridays at the Thirty 1st bar.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for a short business trip during February and was very impressed with the hotel and in particular, the service from the staff. The hotel looks impressive from the outside and has a nice airy feeling, with high ceilings, lots of space and thoughtful decoration. Upon arrival, the staff were incredibly friendly and checking in was a breeze. What I particularly liked was the number of the staff on the front desk and concierge.

The location of the hotel is good. It's close to the national conference centre and about 15 mins taxi to the Corniche (at most) and 20 minutes to Yas Island. Taxi's are cheap and clean and frequent so you're far from isolated. It's fairly central in Abu Dhabi so a good base to explore the city.

I had a standard room on the 7th floor at the front of the hotel. The views are impressive and the rooms a very good size. Also found it very quiet with no noise from outside or from the rooms adjacent to mine. Very clean with with large comfy bed and free broadband (although you have to pay for the faster version. However, the free version is more than adequate for internet surfing).

The food on offer at the Hotel was excellent. The wide choice of food and freshness was impressive (and included a number of arabic dishes as well as the more Western favourites). There's a good choice at the hotel and the bar on the top floor also offers bar-type snacks, including sandwiches.

The most impressive thing for me however, was the service from getting a good rate with a local taxi driver for a trip to the corniche to dealing with what I would consider less than normal requests - nothing was too much trouble and always done with a smile. The staff seemed generally interested in you - such a difference to how hotel staff treat guests in Britain.

My only gripe (and it is a very small gripe) was in getting my luggage to the room. I was more than happy to take it up with me, but was reassured that they would bring it to my room. 30 mins later and no sign of it, I realised that they'd offered the same to everyone else but hadn't checked who the luggage belonged to, so the bags stayed downstairs and I ended up getting it myself. A small breakdown in communication and nothing else. That's the only reason I've not gone for 5 stars and it is a small point.

Overall, a very enjoyable experience, great staff and lots of food choices. You get the feeling that nothing is too much effort for them - which is how it should be.

Room Tip: I found most rooms had good views. If you can get one on the higher floors, then obviously the views...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Philipp E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would, on behalf of my team, like to thank you for your detailed review.

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us during your business trip. We are glad you found everything, from our service to our food and our rooms more than satisfactory. We apologize for the delay in sending your luggage to your room. This has been brought to the attention of all of our team members, who have promised not to repeat the same again.

We hope you do return to stay with us soon, for us to have another opportunity, to serve your better.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A nice property located 12 km from the Public Beach where the Abu Dhabi International Triathlon was being held.
The staff members were very helpful and even assisted me in avoiding an extra day's charge.

Room Tip: Philipino cuisine seems to be the forte of the restaurants and if your preference is otherwise ,you...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time our to write us a review.

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, despite your short visit. We believe you found most of our cuisine to be from the Philippines, which we found rather surprising. Our restaurant Lemon Tree offers exquisite Mediterranean cuisine, while the Silk Route, which is an all day dining, offers a variety of cuisines. If you did not find a variety in our cuisine, we would like to apologize for the same and hope the next time you do stay with us, you do leave completely satisfied.

Look forward to serving you once again.