“Service , service, service”

Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi
Ranked #3 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, UAE
“Service , service, service”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Holiday Inn is your standard business hotel located close to Abu Dhabi exhibition centre, where most of it clientele comes from.

What makes this hotel a notch above your average hotel is its service. From the reception staff to a chef I accidentally bumped into in the elevator, the staff in this hotel knows how to make you feel welcome!

A very nice experience for someone who sometimes gets tired of anonymity of constant business traveling !

• Stayed April 2011
AbudhabiSid, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for highlighting our stand out service. Your comment on a positive interaction with a Chef was most encouraging as we work hard at having our front line & heart of house team members "connect" with our guests.

And this does indeed help us draw guests not only the ADNEC Exhibition Centre, but also from those who need to be in Mussafah, the Airport, the Embassy district , Zayed City Sports Complex & central Abu dhabi.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Abu dhabi.

Sid Sattanathan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen
Reviewed October 16, 2011

The dining experience in this hotel leaves a bit to be desired. Eating in The 31St Bar I found the portions a little small and the twice I had a steak sandwich it was full of fat. In the Lemon Tree there is no atmosphere and the food is a little bland.
The rooms are nice and big but the brown colour makes them a little drab.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank kincorth
AbudhabiSid, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your dining experience. Your comments have been noted, and discussed with our Executive Chef.

Rest assured, we will aim higher, & work on improvements.

Also to let you know that we now have a live band playing at the Lemon Tree every evening, except Saturday, which has been well received by our regulars. I am sure you will find a lot more ambience when you hopefully give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks during a business trip. I couldn't have had a better experience. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating, I was very impressed. I was always greeted by someone when I walked through the door and the front desk staff were always helpful and attentative to my needs. I ate everyday at the buffet restaurant where the food was very good and always fresh. Kudos to chef Abdul Salam for providing a diverse variety of food. At breakfast, make sure to ask for Amr who provides wonderful hospitality and makes the most fantastic tea. This hotel is surely above and beyond what you would expect at a Holiday Inn in the States.

Room Tip: I was in a standard room with a king size bed. More than enough room and comfort to suit my needs ev...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
AbudhabiSid, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 12, 2011

Thank you firstly for choosing to stay with us for 2 weeks,

The length of your stay would have given you the opportunity to judge our service, & product, & I am therefore very pleased to see your very positive feedback on the friendly service, & excellent breakfast.

We try hard, & encouragement like this keeps us going the extra mile for our guests.

My team & I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mulhouse, France
Reviewed October 8, 2011

The hotel taxi ride from the airport to the hotel wasn't desirable to my taste ... the driving was dangerous and really scary. Another irritating part was that the taxi driver was quite intrusive ... asking where I am from; some personal questions and his experience of how hard life is for him and debts he had accumulated.

I stayed in a standard room.The room decor and amenities were poor compared to the room price (500 dinars). Room service was penible ... I have to make to three reminders and wait for a very long time to get attended. Air conditioner was noisy and lights in the room cannot be turned off my one master switch.

At checkout I was charged a evian mineral water and orange juice that I never used. After my objection, this charge was removed ...

The breakfast was expensive and furthermore, the breakfast that was served to me was different than that I ordered ... ornage juice instead of carrot juice that I had; cold and untoasted bread when I clearly ordered toasted bread; yoghurt plain instead of yoghurt low fat that I ordered. The coffee came in a pot and the when I emptied the pot onto a cup, it filled only 2/3rd and furthermore, the coffee was lukewarm.

Internet is expensive ... 10 dirhams for 10 minutes! Internet at business center i free, but getting a free terminal was a long wait for me.

The only positive that I found was the Bell desk employees ...

I had the same taxi driver back to the airport and to confirm to my worries, he told me that he just had an accident and waved me a paper that police gave him.

I personally wouldn't stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
13 Thank anandrain
AbudhabiSid, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

My very sincere apologies for the experience you have had starting with the airport transfer.

Your feedback is being worked on, & has been shared with our transport partners. We are also checking internally with our Room Service, & will take corrective measures to address the accuracy of order taking, & the timeliness of our service.

I can assure you, that we do our utmost to delight our customers, and as you will note from 95% of our reviews on this website, have been successful in doing so.

Kindly give us another opportunity to serve you, and show you the side of our service, that the Holiday Inn Abu dhabi is known for, & is proud of. It will be my personal pleasure to welcome you, & ensure a great stay.

Please let me know when you visit Abu dhabi next.

Hong Kong
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Arrived late at the midnight owing to flight delay. Was immediately greeted warmly at the hotel reception and the check-in process was done in an efficient manner. Had the breakfast buffet and again was greeted courteously by a Korean waitress. All the staff were helpful responding immediately to my requests/queries.

Also, a plus of the hotel is its taxi services. They have got their own taxis which can bring clients to anywhere in the city at reasonable prices. Such service is particularly important in the Middle East since it is not uncommon to encounter greedy taxi drivers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank leeyikki
AbudhabiSid, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for highlighting the warm welcome you received at check in, & the courteous & prompt service at breakfast. Your positive observations on he availability of hotel taxis & the reasonable prices have been shared with our car rental partners.

We will continue to strive hard to exceed the expectations of our guests, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
gold coast, queensland
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Staff couldn't do enough for us and were very helpful with all of our enquiries. The rooms were very comfortable with one of the best beds I have ever slept in. Only gripe is the cost of the buffet breakfast when all you might want is tea and toast. Taxi service at the front door is reliable andn only 5 dirhams more than the regular taxis. Business Centre internet is free.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
AbudhabiSid, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very encouraging feedback on the helpful nature of our team members. They are indeed the stars of our hotel, and make my job a lot easier!

I hope you will return again to experience our warm hospitality, and when you do, please ask for our a la carte breakfast menu which we shall have in place, thanks to your comments.

Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and was delighted by the service and staff. The new hotel has a variety of restaurants in it, along with a bar on the upper floor and a pool/fitness center on the roof. The staff was wonderful the entire time. From check in, I was greeted like I was family to this modern and new hotel. I was given a very nice (and large) corner room that could have easily fit another 2 king sized beds. The TV had a variety of channels in all sorts of languages, and the room service was excellent. The hotel has modern facilities, and includes a free business lounge with internet / printing / copying facilities. The hotel also has the ability to rent cars, and includes its own taxi's to bring you anywhere in the area at very good prices.

The breakfast , lunch , and dinner were excellent. Some of the best chicken tandoori Ive had ever.

If you are going to see the F1 race in Abu Dhabi, this hotel would be a great hotel at a good price. Its about a 20 min from the airport, or 30 min to the race track (if that).

Room Tip: If you are a member of Priority Club, make sure you have your card with you and you will likely get...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
AbudhabiSid, General Manager at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing such detailed positive feedback on our whole range of services from the size of rooms, TV channel offerings, business centre, central location, & of course the quality of our service & food.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.