“Unbelievable value - modern, clean, great hotel!”
Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

Aloft Abu Dhabi
Ranked #52 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed January 3, 2011

This was a total surprise at the end of a long business trip. We spent one night in Abu Dhabi, at the Aloft Hotel. I loved how modern the hotel is, how clean and spacious the rooms are. The bathroom is another great surprise, the shower is simply heavenly. The blackouts help keep the room nice and dark for a perfect night's sleep. It is very elegant and quiet - maybe next time I'll be able to stay for more than one night!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2011

Hi ninabarki! Great review! It is really true when you use the word "surprise" to describe the experience in our hotel. To be honest, guests who stay for the first time do experience a positive surprise. Considering the competitive prices many do not expect such a modern, fun, spacious and high tech business destination hotel with first class room facilities. I do really hope as well that you do stay more than one night on your next visit. Don't hesitate to contact me personally when booking your future stay. Best wishes! Rainer

There are newer reviews for Aloft Abu Dhabi

Reviewed December 21, 2010

The stay was extremely relaxing and the staff was very helpful as well as the price of the room was moderately cheaper than other in-town hotels. I will be coming for more stays whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Hi there Adwan, thanks for the brief but splendid review. I am glad our friendly staff provided the perfect atmosphere you needed for a relaxing stay. It's nice to read that you have identified our competitive prices. As you say you will be coming for more stays, please let me know when so that I can have the pleasure in meeting you. Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed December 19, 2010

The room was comfortable - the mattress not so much. The hotel is very well decorated and the food is excellent. By far the moste important thing in any hotel is the staff and the Aloft staff are very polite and helpful. The pool tables and bean bags in the reception area are great!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Hey larrouche! Wow, it feels great for us to learn you had such a brilliant stay. Just the title of your review says it all. I am delighted to read that you define our stylish decoration and design and also our food as excellent. As you mention, the staff in a hotel make the big difference and this where we put most of our efforts. Really nice you noticed this during your stay. I trust that you will choose us again as your home in Abu Dhabi next time your plans bring us in this direction. Would be great to meet you personally. Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed December 18, 2010

Nice room, Nice staff, chilling by the pool during the day was the best. Only gripe was the sound of backing trucks at night.
Not too good of a location for concerts at Yas island but dooable at a 40-50 dirham taxi ride.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Hi there nzdiaspora, excellent to learn that our staff, our rooms and our pool made it a great stay for you. I regret that there were trucks working during the night, this is obviously not permitted and we will forward this comment to the concerned entity. As for Yas Island, the concert location is now reachable through a new tunnel that reduced the trip there to 15 to 20 minutes. It has been opened since two months however not everyone knows it yet. Thank you for posting this review and do not hesitate to contact me on your next visit to our hotel so that I can personally welcome you back! Best wishes, Rainer

Reviewed December 16, 2010

What a good place to go if you visit abu dhabi. There is a pub in the lobby, a great swimming pool outside with a bar.
Rooms avec very nice, the bathroom with a large shower.
Free wfi !
The hotel was difficult to find, behind the exibition center.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Hey there Nikko63! I am delighted to read your review. Really appreciate your nice comments and I am happy you enjoyed your stay so much. Together with the exhibition center and the municipality of Abu Dhabi we are working in improving the whole signage system to our hotel and making it simple to reach us. Thanks again and best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed December 15, 2010

My Family and I stayed at this hotel for two nights and I was ready to leave the moment I walked in. It took abt 20 mins for us to get a bell hop at the entrance. As we entered there were no visable signs as to which floor the hotel check-in is located. As I waited patiently for 15 mins in line to check-in< there were only 3 people working and about 15 people waiting for service< I noticed a self check-in stand, which after 15 min of messing with that, I had to go back in line because the signature pad wasnt working.

Our room was very nice n stylish, however the AC did not work properly. They did send someone to fix it, but that just turned into it blowing air. The room service was very horrible, as my steak sandwich had cold meat in it and they forgot my fries, which were also cold, which they brought after I had already finished my sandwich. Not to mention it was brought to my room in paper bags and plastic containers.

The business center does not allow you to use their scanner (its for CID only). So I had to pay extra to fax my work doc internationally. Overall, I wish I had stayed at the Hoilday Inn that I could see from my hotel room window. As a spg member and a starwood preferred guest, I expected better.

Oh and there was no tub in the rooms, standing shower only.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank tinahen83

Dear tinahen83, first of all many thanks for taking the time to post this review. I really regret to read that in general we have not achieved to meet your expectations at our hotel due to the described factors in your review. I would like to answer to your points.
Although we have a self service luggage handling system we do also have bell staff to assist with the luggage, of course it should not have taken so long for our bell staff to help you. Needless to say that the excessive waiting time at reception, the self check-in kiosk not working, the issue with the A/C and the deficient delivery service, are many difficulties together, obvious not usual and not the level of service and standard we strive for there at Aloft Abu Dhabi. So may sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences experienced. With regards to our delivery service equipment as I do explain on other tip advisor reviews, the whole concept is based on providing the guest the possibility of being in control of the in room dining experience. We have our display at the lobby level in our re:fuel takeaway outlet, from which the dishes there can be selected on the way to the room and we can immediately deliver this for the guest. As you mention, the delivery is not done on the classic trolley, with china dishware and cutlery. The objective is to avoid the typical 30 minute waiting times. The scanner you mention on your review is a small device located at the reception and its only function is the scanning of passports as it is linked to the police computer. We do however have a state of the art scanner in our offices and do give this service to our guests. I am sorry if this was not offered to you.
Further to the comment about the bathtub, this new hotel brand was developed purely based on guest feedback. It was evident that the business traveler of today lays more value in big shower space rather than taking a bath or having to take a shower in a bathtub. I am sorry we cannot offer you the possibility of the bathtub at Aloft Hotels.
I am concerned that you mention the possibility of staying at another hotel, nevertheless I do hope that despite this not so pleasant experience you will give us the chance to welcome you back and show you what Aloft Abu Dhabi is really well known for after only one full year of operation. I think that the majority of the reviews at this web site speak for themselves and I am confident to say that this stay was an isolated poor experience. Once again please accept my sincere apologies for this and I would kindly ask you to send me your details via the reservations e-mail address: reservations.aloftabudhabi@alofthotels.com so that I can contact you personally. Thanks again and best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed December 11, 2010

Third time must be the charm- all was great- staff do a top rate job. Rooms are very big (especially for a 'not expensive' hotel) and I like being able to hook my laptop to the TV easily. Empty fridge and coffee/tea service are great amenities. We have a 4 year old, who uses the bench seat under the TV as a bed- works great. He even picked up the phone in the bathroom that rings the front desk and asked for and quickly received an extra pillow and blanket.

While the top floor has a very cool inside/outside bar being older the music was not to our taste. The lobby is laid out very different and has a nice bar.

The pool is also very different and excellent. We can have a drink or meal and our son can have a ton of fun swimming- which we did for a great value Friday brunch. Not lavish but quality.

Been in Dubai for 6 years and travel the UAE for staycations, and especially when something is happening at ADNEC (Convention Centre) Aloft is great. At the pool you can't tell you are in the city.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Dear kcindxb, this is a great review for us and I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed our facilities and services. It is great to learn that you could benefit from both a successful business stay and a family leisure weekend with us. It seems that your son was the one leading the pleasure of a great day out at our infinity pool and chill out Restaurant. I am glad you all enjoyed the BBQ there! So, I hope there will be a fourth, fifth and many other stays! You have my contact details and you know you can give me a buzz whenever your business or leisure plans bring you back to Abu Dhabi. Best wishes! Rainer