Aloft Abu Dhabi
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
$367
Agoda.com
$227
$181
StRegis.com
Rosewood Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
$147
$142
Priceline
1,083 results
All reviewsrooftop barmai cafeexhibition centrepool partyfifth floorswimming poolattending a conferencereception arearoom servicerooms are spaciousnice poolgrand mosqueenjoyed my stayduty managershort stayupon checkvalet parking
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Nice room, Nice staff, chilling by the pool during the day was the best. Only gripe was the sound of backing trucks at night.
Not too good of a location for concerts at Yas island but dooable at a 40-50 dirham taxi ride.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Hi there nzdiaspora, excellent to learn that our staff, our rooms and our pool made it a great stay for you. I regret that there were trucks working during the night, this is obviously not permitted and we will forward this comment to the concerned entity. As for Yas Island, the concert location is now reachable through a new tunnel that reduced the trip there to 15 to 20 minutes. It has been opened since two months however not everyone knows it yet. Thank you for posting this review and do not hesitate to contact me on your next visit to our hotel so that I can personally welcome you back! Best wishes, Rainer

Reviewed December 16, 2010

What a good place to go if you visit abu dhabi. There is a pub in the lobby, a great swimming pool outside with a bar.
Rooms avec very nice, the bathroom with a large shower.
Free wfi !
The hotel was difficult to find, behind the exibition center.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Hey there Nikko63! I am delighted to read your review. Really appreciate your nice comments and I am happy you enjoyed your stay so much. Together with the exhibition center and the municipality of Abu Dhabi we are working in improving the whole signage system to our hotel and making it simple to reach us. Thanks again and best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed December 15, 2010

My Family and I stayed at this hotel for two nights and I was ready to leave the moment I walked in. It took abt 20 mins for us to get a bell hop at the entrance. As we entered there were no visable signs as to which floor the hotel check-in is located. As I waited patiently for 15 mins in line to check-in< there were only 3 people working and about 15 people waiting for service< I noticed a self check-in stand, which after 15 min of messing with that, I had to go back in line because the signature pad wasnt working.

Our room was very nice n stylish, however the AC did not work properly. They did send someone to fix it, but that just turned into it blowing air. The room service was very horrible, as my steak sandwich had cold meat in it and they forgot my fries, which were also cold, which they brought after I had already finished my sandwich. Not to mention it was brought to my room in paper bags and plastic containers.

The business center does not allow you to use their scanner (its for CID only). So I had to pay extra to fax my work doc internationally. Overall, I wish I had stayed at the Hoilday Inn that I could see from my hotel room window. As a spg member and a starwood preferred guest, I expected better.

Oh and there was no tub in the rooms, standing shower only.

4  Thank tinahen83

Dear tinahen83, first of all many thanks for taking the time to post this review. I really regret to read that in general we have not achieved to meet your expectations at our hotel due to the described factors in your review. I would like to answer to your points.
Although we have a self service luggage handling system we do also have bell staff to assist with the luggage, of course it should not have taken so long for our bell staff to help you. Needless to say that the excessive waiting time at reception, the self check-in kiosk not working, the issue with the A/C and the deficient delivery service, are many difficulties together, obvious not usual and not the level of service and standard we strive for there at Aloft Abu Dhabi. So may sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences experienced. With regards to our delivery service equipment as I do explain on other tip advisor reviews, the whole concept is based on providing the guest the possibility of being in control of the in room dining experience. We have our display at the lobby level in our re:fuel takeaway outlet, from which the dishes there can be selected on the way to the room and we can immediately deliver this for the guest. As you mention, the delivery is not done on the classic trolley, with china dishware and cutlery. The objective is to avoid the typical 30 minute waiting times. The scanner you mention on your review is a small device located at the reception and its only function is the scanning of passports as it is linked to the police computer. We do however have a state of the art scanner in our offices and do give this service to our guests. I am sorry if this was not offered to you.
Further to the comment about the bathtub, this new hotel brand was developed purely based on guest feedback. It was evident that the business traveler of today lays more value in big shower space rather than taking a bath or having to take a shower in a bathtub. I am sorry we cannot offer you the possibility of the bathtub at Aloft Hotels.
I am concerned that you mention the possibility of staying at another hotel, nevertheless I do hope that despite this not so pleasant experience you will give us the chance to welcome you back and show you what Aloft Abu Dhabi is really well known for after only one full year of operation. I think that the majority of the reviews at this web site speak for themselves and I am confident to say that this stay was an isolated poor experience. Once again please accept my sincere apologies for this and I would kindly ask you to send me your details via the reservations e-mail address: reservations.aloftabudhabi@alofthotels.com so that I can contact you personally. Thanks again and best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed December 11, 2010

Third time must be the charm- all was great- staff do a top rate job. Rooms are very big (especially for a 'not expensive' hotel) and I like being able to hook my laptop to the TV easily. Empty fridge and coffee/tea service are great amenities. We have a 4 year old, who uses the bench seat under the TV as a bed- works great. He even picked up the phone in the bathroom that rings the front desk and asked for and quickly received an extra pillow and blanket.

While the top floor has a very cool inside/outside bar being older the music was not to our taste. The lobby is laid out very different and has a nice bar.

The pool is also very different and excellent. We can have a drink or meal and our son can have a ton of fun swimming- which we did for a great value Friday brunch. Not lavish but quality.

Been in Dubai for 6 years and travel the UAE for staycations, and especially when something is happening at ADNEC (Convention Centre) Aloft is great. At the pool you can't tell you are in the city.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Dear kcindxb, this is a great review for us and I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed our facilities and services. It is great to learn that you could benefit from both a successful business stay and a family leisure weekend with us. It seems that your son was the one leading the pleasure of a great day out at our infinity pool and chill out Restaurant. I am glad you all enjoyed the BBQ there! So, I hope there will be a fourth, fifth and many other stays! You have my contact details and you know you can give me a buzz whenever your business or leisure plans bring you back to Abu Dhabi. Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed December 7, 2010

Ok.. Aloft has a very cool rooftop bar with stunning views over...the exhibition centre, but thats a little unfair. it is good and great fun.
Concerning the hotel, you enter through a strange souless lobby that doubles up as a multi storey car park entrance. once through the airport scanner you get a lift one floor to an equally souless reception where you wait and wait...until someone checks you in. then yoi walk along long corridors to the badly laid out lift lobby. The rooms however are pretty good. Large shower, good desk etc and free low speed wifi - high speed is extra. if all you want is a room - i would say its fine / excellent, only downside being the noisy air conditioiing.

the restaurant is truly dire and with less ambience then a german hospital cleaners store.

room service is poor - they seem to have stripped the staffing down to the bare minimum, so you wont get instant attention.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2010

Hi there designer16! Thanks for your review! I am sure that during your enjoyable visit to our Relax@12 roof top lounge bar, you not only noticed the view to the exhibition centre were we are located, but also the view to the rest of the city, the water front, the marina, the Grand Mosque, the executive airport, etc. Indeed the entrance to the hotel is through the exhibition centre as our lobby is located on the first floor. The mentioned security scanners were in operation during those dates due to the GCC summit in the city. Just as all hotels in the city, we must comply with this as per Abu Dhabi police department. I do regret that the design of our lobby was not of your taste and I am really sorry you experienced unusual delays during your check-in. Great to know though that you find our rooms excellent and you enjoyed our free wi-fi internet. The speed of the free internet is of 1MB and indeed that can be enhanced to 5MB subject to a nominal fee. The A/C should definitely not be noisy so my apologies for that. I trust this was repaired during your stay. With regards to the room service the facility we actually offer is called delivery service. The whole concept is based on providing the guest the possibility of being in control of the in room dining experience. We have our display at the lobby level in our re:fuel takeaway outlet, from which the dishes there can be selected on the way to the room and we can immediately deliver this for the guest. The objective is to avoid the typical 30 minute waiting times. We do also offer a special menu from 12 midday to 12 midnight and these dishes can also be delivered to the room.
Please let me know the next time your plans bring us to our hotel so that we can meet and I can personally explain some more of our innovative service concepts. I am pleased that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope to see you soon.
Best wishes! Rainer