“Non-Traditional Concept Hotel Next To ADNEC.”
Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

Aloft Abu Dhabi
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Fort Worth
“Non-Traditional Concept Hotel Next To ADNEC.”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Location:
Right next to ADNEC conference center.

Getting to Hotel from Airport:
Airport taxi took 25 mins cost 62 AED.

Check-In:
Short wait. Circular reception area prevents efficient queuing.

Elevators:
Fast. But sometimes unpredictably will cancel your selected floor and head in the opposite direction.

Room:
Originally assigned a non-smoking room on the 7th floor but as soon as I walked in I smelled prior smoking. Went back to reception and got a non-smoked in room 1026.
Smelled very clean.
Large sized.
Not close to elevators.
Practical functional furnishings.

Desk:
Large wooden optical mouse friendly surface.
Desk lamp with strong light.
Power sockets accepting US and Europe plugs at desk height.

Desk Chair:
Adjustable. But did not rise very much. Had to sit on a pillow to be comfortable for work.

Phones:
Speaker phone on desk.
Phone bedside.
Phone in bathroom but did not work.

Internet in Room:
Wireless.
Good speed.
Included in room rate.

Room Lighting:
Ceiling lights.
Bedside lamps.

Closet, Drawer and Cabinet Space:
3 drawers and 3 shelves under tea service cabinet.
Large sized closet.

Safe:
Yes – large enough for laptop.

Couch:
Small chair and sitting area under TV.

TV:
Medium wall mounted LCD.
Several channels including CNN and BBC.

Windows:
Two large windows.
Retractable blinds very efficient at blocking sunlight.

Balcony:

Bidet.
Good lighting.
Basic amenities.
Water pressure strong.
Hot water always available.
No heated mirror.

Firm mattress.
Very comfortable.
Very clean.

Room Cleanliness:
Daily service kept room very clean.

Air Conditioning/Heating:
Very effective at making room cold.

Alarm Clock and Wakeup:
Wake up calls were sometimes on time but never more than 15 minutes late.

Turn Down Service:

Tea and Coffee in room:
Yes. Complimentary.

Complimentary Drinking Water:
Yes, two or more bottles daily.

Fridge:
Yes. Was not working at first but after I advised reception it was replaced with a working one.

Microwave Oven:

Room Service:
Did not use.
Quick snack bar near reception convenient for picking up food in a hurry.

Breakfast:
Extensive and good quality buffet included in room rate.

Restaurant:
Extensive and good quality buffet for dinner.

Laundry Service:
Unreliable.

Iron:

Trouser Press:

Robe:

Slippers:

Umbrella:

Morning Newspaper at Door:
No, but available near reception.

Gym:
Yes. Did not use.

Running Path:
Too hot to explore a running path.

Pool:
Good for 25m length lap swimming when not many people at pool.
Very clean and comfortable pool area.
On night of pool party got very busy and loud.

Steam Room:

Sauna:

Parking:
Did not use.

Staff:
Very friendly and polite but not always helpful.
Due to operator communicating the wrong closing time for breakfast unnecessarily lost an hour of sleep.
Due to the staff incorrectly communicating which day the pool will be closed and which day not did not use the pool on the day it really was open believing it was closed.
Despite operator twice confirming laundry will be picked up from room before 1000, it was not and had to get manager involved to retrieve my laundry. The manager tried to make up for this by comping my laundry.
Had to ask reception to ask housekeeping to replenish amenities after a few days.
It looked like management has to make an extra effort to correct for the deficiencies in communication.
Concierges were very helpful in getting lost luggage from British Airways to the hotel.

Check Out:
Fast. Friendly.

Short wait for taxi to leave.

Room Tip: High rooms facing ADNEC get less swimming pool noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ymff
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hello ymff,

Thank you very much for your recent review posted on trip advisor. We very much appreciate all of the feedback that we receive and will continue to improve as a result of your comments. I am glad you found the location of the hotel was convenient to your needs while in Abu Dhabi. Aloft is set right in ADNEC (Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre) and is just a short spin away from AUH airport. I am gratified that you liked our concept of the grab and go Refuel which is full of mix and match meals and snacks galore. I am also pleased that you were able to feel the buzz of our open kitchen and boost your energy with our extensive breezy breakfast buffet at Dine . I am very sorry with regards to the laundry ordeal you had to go through. While it was indeed a very busy time of the year for the precinct due to the conference, there is no excuse for this sequence of events that took place during your stay here .I am truly remorseful that your room amenities were not replaced in time and then was still not done so to our usual standard. I can assure you that I will address this with our housekeeping team in order to minimize the possibility of a reoccurrence. It is nice to read that the team was very friendly during your stay, as this speaks to their character and endeavor to make all of our guests happy. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry that on this occasion we did not deliver the level of service and convenience that we are accustomed to providing. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards Rochelle.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Horley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Spent 5 nights at the Aloft as attending a conference at the ADNEC centre adjoining the hotel. Rooms modern and well laid out. Bed extremely comfortable. I had a room on the 8th floor which was very quiet. Breakfast included and good with a very wide selection of dishes available. The hotel has 3 bars-lobby, pool on the 5th floor and 12th floor nightclub. The service at the pool bar is extremely slow-we regularly waited for over 10mins for a beer to arrive after ordering. The lobby bar or 12th floor are much quicker. The bar food available is perfectly adequate and there is a good variety of choice on the menu.
I would recommend this hotel for any business at the ADNEC conference centre, but there is nothing to do around the hotel. That said, taxis are cheap and reliable and will take you anywhere you want to go in Abu Dhabi

Room Tip: As stated in other reviews, rooms on the 5th and 11th floors could be noisier due to being near the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi there Alan C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi . I am very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be extremely enjoyable. Most importantly it is always pleasing to see that your sleep quality was rated so high. I am content to read that you found the bed to be so on edge and that it helped you rest up after a busy day at the conference. Further to our location, the city has grown to our side and you find all sorts of businesses and attractions around here. The newest and one of the biggest Malls in Abu Dhabi has opened 5 minutes away from us (Mushrif Mall) and we do have important landmarks around us such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (5min), all major embassies (2min), Ferrari World (15 min), Yas Water World (15 minutes), Yas Marina Circuit (15 min) or the Abu Dhabi Golf Club (10min). As a matter of fact there is plenty to do in the area. Downtown Abu Dhabi is only 15 to 20 minutes away. Admittedly we were busy due to the conference; Needless to say, we have discussed your comments with our F and B Team with regards to the organization and the service of the staff at the pool bar and to get to the root cause of these issues. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your trip to Abu Dhabi and that you were able to get some time for sightseeing in between conference meetings. I very much look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. Warm regards, Rochelle
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at Aloft Abu Dhabi for 10 days the end of April/beginning of May. The hotel staff were fantastic, taking very good care of my mother's needs, including securing a wheelchair rental for me. The hotel atmosphere is very colorful and fun.
*Liked best - the accessible room was very spacious and comfortable; the reception and concierge staff were very helpful and answered many pre-visit emails promptly and professionally; the onsite dining and drinks options were great
*Liked least - n/a
I highly recommend this Aloft hotel for anyone attending conferences or exhibitions at ADNEC.

Room Tip: Accessible rooms are spacious and near elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello ReeRee Rocks,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. I hope that your conference was a successful one .I am so pleased to read that you and your mother enjoyed your stay over the conference period. Aloft Abu Dhabi does bring a new twist to the Abu Dhabi hotels and I am so happy to hear that you liked our ultra-spacious comfy rooms. Our team are genuinely interested in making sure that all of our guests have a comfortable stay and therefore they will take a great deal of encouragement from your kind words . Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I can't wait for the next time that we welcome you and your family back to the hotel. Kind regards Rochelle.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My experience at aloft Abu Dhabi was great, but I found that ones level of satisfaction was directly tied to whom they interacted with in the staff. For instance, I was checked in by a fantastic employee Rochelle who explained everything to me. My colleague was checked in by another girl and and walked away confused and with no information about what was included with our room packages. Rochelle spent the rest of my 2 week stay checking in on us, asking if there is anything we needed, and was spot on with all her recommendations. Truly a shining star and my interaction with her made me feel at home and taken care of.

The serving and bar staff overall was good, but again hit or miss. I either had a great experience with attentive staff, or a poor experience with staff that seemingly ignored me until i flagged them down for service... even though it was clear they weren't doing anything else. Becky in the buffet dining hall was our saving grace though as she was kind, courteous, and was really on top of her stuff.

Overall a great experience mixed with outstanding and below average. If the hotel had more people like Rochelle and Becky the sky would be the limit.

Long story short, Seek out Rochelle and Becky and your stay will be awesome.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed really nice
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Hello TimC,

Further to your great comments posted on Trip Advisor, I am pleased that you found your stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi to be most enjoyable. We are certainly pleased to have won your approval .I am grateful for your kind words and that I was able to provide you with such tailored service .Your generous comments have been passed onto Becky who was very thrilled to hear them. I am equally disappointed to learn that the service wasn’t a 100 percent. Your comments have been well noted and we will endeavor to resolve these issues immediately. Winning our guests’ approval is paramount to us and we are certainly delighted that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope you will consider staying with us once again when your travels bring you back to Abu Dhabi in the near future. Kind regards, Rochelle
quito
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Modern and good hotel perfect if you are in this area to attend an event at the exhibition center..but this is not an hotel for tourist to stay and visit abudhabi ..in this case I would recommend a distinct location since there is not much in the immediate vicinity.
Good bedroom clean and silent. Excellent breakfast, and quite a good spot near the swimming pool area for dining..when the weather is cool enough.
Good attention from the staff.
But be carefull with the exit bill...I booked initially a room with option breakfast plus high speed internet and while exiting they made a mistake on the bill..trying to recharge for the internet ..which is by itself quite expensive. I have a VPN system on my pc to be able to connect for instance Netflix...the hotel firewall block any VPN session ...this is very bad.
I did not like the GYM ...which is ridiculously small ..you wont be able to use the machine at peak time... it is not convenient and not properly planned since most of the visitor are mid age man coming to the adnec and thus with a high percentage practicing sport.
Good parking connected to the hotel, and free of charge.

Room Tip: Ask for a view above the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hi there ProfesorX,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. We really appreciate your kind words and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I’m pleased to hear that you took to our extensive breezy buffet, your benevolent words will definitely be passed onto our chefs who do a great job in the kitchen. Further to our location, the city has grown to our side and you find all sorts of businesses and attractions around here. The newest and one of the biggest Malls in Abu Dhabi has opened 5 minutes away from us (Mushrif Mall) and we do have important landmarks around us such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (5min), all major embassies (2min), Ferrari World (15 min), Yas Water World (15 minutes), Yas Marina Circuit (15 min) or the Abu Dhabi Golf Club (10min). As a matter of fact there is plenty to do in the area. Downtown Abu Dhabi is only 15 to 20 minutes away and with the airport at just 15 minutes away we can say that we are actually close to most important landmarks. I am very sorry that the internet issue you encountered upon check out overshadowed the remainder of your experience at the hotel. Having said that we do have one of the trendiest gyms in Abu Dhabi, we’ve got a full cardio collection, stationary bikes, treadmills and elliptical machines from life Fitness; unfortunately it was admittedly busy because of the conference. I can assure you that we have identified areas in which we could streamline this service even further in order to cater for unprecedented demand. I hope that you were able to enjoy aspects of the Abu Dhabi Precinct during your visit and that it wasn't all business. Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review about the hotel and I look forward to your next road trip down from Quito. Please feel free to contact me directly if you do return so that I can welcome you in person. Warm regards, Rochelle.
Brighton
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I visited the hotel when there was no exhibition at the Centre. The hotel does try to be different but the point of differences seem to have no real purpose other than be different. Ie scatter cushion in the hall, a billiard table off the reception !
I liked the concept of the " snack bar " near the reception. The room was very functional and the Wi-Fi was free.
I was on business and had a hire car so transport was not a problem.
The restaurant allowed me to buy a bottle of wine which I had over 2 nights. The food menu was very good and the the extensive and attractive evening buffet looked very good..
Very interesting " drop " squeezers for the olive oil and balsamic.
Reception and free valet parking was excellent.
I booked 1 night and stayed 2.
So, in conclusion, the price was very competitive ( on line ), I would definitely stay again and I have no reservations about recommending the hotel although the above review could change during an exhibition.

Room Tip: There is a relatively new shopping mall some 5 minutes by taxi from the hotel,
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Hello Akroo1,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. I am glad to hear that your stay was a pleasurable experience and that the reception and valet staff were attentive to your needs. The attractive extensive buffet at our restaurant dine is definitely the real deal, with live-cooked international-style cuisine. And I’m glad you were able to pop in whether it was for a breezy breakfast, light lunch, or leisurely dinner to dine. I’m thrilled to hear that you liked our concept of Refuel our self- serve gourmet eatery full of mix and match meals, salads, sandwiches, make your own cappuccinos and snacks galore. I do hope that you were able to get some relaxing time during your stay. With regards to the prices of the rooms , there are many great specials to take advantage of throughout the year at the hotel, especially on weekends without major events. Thank you again for your feedback and for reassuring us that you will look no further the next time you visit Abu Dhabi. Warm regards, Rochelle
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 30, 2014

fantastic interior , quality of room is also nice, a bit small as compare to other i have had stayed. food quality also good, roof top open restaurant is very pleasant , in u can ADNEC center so you can walk after a hectic schedule,

Room Tip: Rooms in front of roof top restaurant are nice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rochelle P, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hello ArpanMehta2005,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I’m glad you liked our swanky décor, our extensive attractive buffet and our outdoor roof top café by the pool. You are right, we are set in ADNEC and Aloft creates the ideal hub for your business meetings and events in Abu Dhabi.
If you do end up re-visiting Aloft Abu Dhabi in the near future, please contact me so that I can thank you in person for your generous review. Thank you again for your very kind words and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future .Kind regards, Rochelle.