“Fantastic no frills hotel”
Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

Aloft Abu Dhabi
Ranked #52 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Aloft is a great no frills hotel. It was simple and good. The staff is very friendly. Its perfect if you are attending a conferences at the ADNEC, its a walking distance about 5mins from the hotel. The malls were not exactly near but cabs are available just about 24hrs. Its also very near the Sheikh Zayed sports complex and we got to go for the finals of the Mubadala Tennis tournament which was being held there.
The city centre is also abit of a distance, about 20mins by cab. The the bus stop is not far. However if you use the bus, be ready to take more than an hour coz the buses stop at every stop and they are slow

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Hey Michael W! Good to know you had a fantastic time when staying with us during the Mubadala Tennis Cup. I am very glad to read that our staff extended you its usual warm friendliness and also that you were able to comfortably access the exhibition centre for your events. Please let us know when you are back, will be great to meet you! Thank you for posting this review and best wishes! Rainer

There are newer reviews for Aloft Abu Dhabi

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a nice hotel. We have stayed here for business many times. The Internet could be faster but the food and buffets are very good. It was comfortable and the rooms were a good size. Very clean with friendly staff. The location was great for our project but not if you want to be in the middle of Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Hi Amy S! Thank you for posting this review. It's great to welcome you over and over on your business trips and we extremely happy to read the comments about our staff friendliness, our big and trendy rooms, our cleanliness and of course out superior food quality. With regards to the internet speed, I assume you would be using the free of charge internet. We do have however an enhanced speed internet subject to charge for up to 8mb speed. Further to our location, we believe the word "middle" of Abu Dhabi is very relative as the city is growing to this side and you find all sort of businesses around here. The newest and one of the biggest Malls in Abu Dhabi has opened 5 minutes away from us and we do have important landmarks around us such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (5min), all major embassies (2min), Ferrari World (15 min), Yas Marina Circuit (15 min) or the Abu Dhabi Golf Club (10min). As a matter of fact there is plenty to do in the area. Hope you let us know when you are back, we'll be extremely glad to welcome you! Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Modern and upbeet very stange concept at first. great pool and gym. loved the lazy boys (Bean Bags) room was spacious and clean. Staff would be more attentive. Food outlets are nice, but didnt really have an atmospere, seemed very quite. despite this Great location. I will return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Hey Champ1989, first of all it is amazing to learn that you enjoyed our hotel and that you will return. When booking again with us, please do let me know as it would be great for me to meet you and also understand from your perception where our staff can be more attentive, unfortunately there are no further details. We hope to see you soon! Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Nice enough hotel, but had a terrible stay. I and my friends were terribly ripped off and disturbed constantly throughout. When speaking to the manager he did not want to listen to what happened, was only interested in telling us how it was going to be, and threatened us with the auhtorities, we felt threatened to pay even though we were completely conned and miss sold with regards to the dining there.
Bad quality, appalling staff, and the worst management style I have ever encountered, I would certainly not recommend. Nice enough hotel, bad location though, but what totally spoils it is the manager there.
If I was Aloft I would certainly be very concerned about the management style here as to be quite honest this person has no idea of customer service, is rude and not interested in listening, shame really as the assistant Manager (Dutch culture) was helpful and would do a much better job than the general manager.
Other than that the hotel is acceptable, staff not trained well enough however I would say it is not there fault as all staff and under direction of course, but they realloy do need better training for customer care.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Bob C, thank you for your comments. With regards to your concerns that were personally communicated to me at the hotel lobby, I wish to clarify this subject to avoid any further misunderstandings. You expressed to me that when asking the receptionist for a place to have lunch, our member of staff directed you to the all day dining restaurant explaining that we offered buffet there. You continued stating that you understood from this explanation that the buffet was free of charge for you as the receptionist never mentioned a price. I comprehended that you had a meal from the buffet including beverages and explained that our buffet and in general our food is not free of charge and that the amount billed was for a buffet as this is the price for it regardless of the quantity of the food taken, which is a usual billing system when consuming buffets. Once again I need to point out that when our reception staff is asked about dining options, they recommend the restaurants and indicate the way to the venues however they do not automatically give details about the price of every restaurant, about the price of the particular dishes or buffets unless a specific question is made by the customer. This by all means is not suggesting that the meals are free of charge in the restaurant venues. I listened very carefully more than once to this interesting statement made with the intention to justify the delivery of full free meals (I understood that the service and the quality of food was not the issue), and nevertheless as a gesture of good will we offered a 10% discount in the case you had misunderstood our information. Once you insisted that you only had one dish from the buffet, I agreed to extend a 25% discount to show you further generosity from our side even though it is given that a buffet price is fixed regardless of the quantity or the selection chosen by the guest, this is also advertised with a signage at the entrance of the restaurant.

With regards to the serious accusation about us threatening to call the authorities, we do, with all due respect, fully disagree with this statement. In no ways did we ever proceed to make such threat, nor would the professional attitude for which we are very well known for, even think about such thing in a situation of a discussion with a customer.

I regret that our efforts to solve your concerns were perceived negatively however please be assured that the hotel conveyed its helpfulness and willingness in offering a discount for any misunderstanding. Thank you once again for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and we hope that despite of this situation we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon again to Aloft Abu Dhabi. Best wishes, Rainer

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed there on 31st December in a Breezy Suit. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a rush at check-in took about 20 minutes to be served, after which the interaction with the agent was quiet rushed as he seemed to be distracted. Facilities were not mentioned, as was done to the other person checking-in just next to us.

The hotel has a lot of stuff to do, like pool tables, swimming pool etc. and the upkeep is ok for a relatively new hotel. The pool side shisa was a good way to pass time and have a chat with friends.

Breakfast spread was good, but the lack of staff was apparent in the restaurant as on all three days that we used the breakfast, the service was slow, even to get a cup of coffee.

The hotel has the facilities but was hugely let down by the service offered by the staff.

Room Tip: Go for the suites as they are very affordable and come on a high floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear M_Taz1985, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed our facilities such as the lobby area, our stunning infinity pool or the adjacent shisha loungers. Also great to learn that the quality of the food was to your taste. We do however regret that the check-in experience did not meet your expectations. We had indeed a rush that 31st of December as most of the guests arriving for the new year's eve package entered the hotel at the same time. It was an unforeseen situation where we had more than 80 arrivals exactly at the same time. I would also wish to discuss personally with you the reasons of your perception of our service being slow at the restaurant as we usually get reviews and comments about the high effectiveness and friendliness of our staff. We are sorry you felt this way. We understand that you will be back when visiting Abu Dhabi, so as said, please do let me know when your plans bring you to Aloft Abu Dhabi as it will be a pleasure for me to personally prove that we can completely change your opinion about our service and exceed your expectations next time you are here. I will be delighted to make all necessary arrangements for your booking. Until then please do contact me if there is anything else I can assist you with. Many thanks again and Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Aloft ADNEC is your ideal hotel if: A) You are attending an ADNEC exhibition or B) you have been to AD before and you simply want to enjoy the cool ambiance and facilities the hotel has to offer.

It is true there is nearby construction (as pretty much elsewhere), but it is not incommunicado. The bus stop is 12'' by foot next to the Carrefour Airport Rd (inside there is a Costa cafe and a nice juice bar). Many bus lines (running 24 hours a day) go downtown (50" to 60") for 2 dirhams (you can buy a pass in Abu Dhabi mall and elsewhere). Number 54 is a good route.

If you want to save cash from the airport skip the taxi there. Take the A1 bus at 4 dirhams and ask the bus driver to drop you as close to the Carrefour Airport Rd (12") stop then flag a silver cab to Aloft for about 10-13 dirhams and 10" later you will be there saving a considerable amount of money (68 dirhams from the airport and about the same time). Taxis are plentiful and so are the busses though the later running every 20 minutes or so check the timetable.

The Aloft staff are very customer-oriented, particularly Lourdes at front desk. The rooms have a nice feeling to them and the bars such as Relax at 12 are superb with great views of the "leaning tower" of Abu Dhabi.

Aloft staff told me about their pool parties starting in March, which would be cool to attend. I can highly recommend this hotel for anyone who just wants to chill out and relax in a nice, comfy environment.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool, which is spectacular, otherwise you will face all the construction.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ViajeroSolitario1999

Hi there ViajeroSolitario1999. Thank you for your fantastic review which we have already shared with our members of staff, specially Lourdes who was flattered with your comments. It is always great to receive a full score from guests who have seen the world such as Trip Advisor Top Contributors like you, and are able to give a very trustfully opinions and reviews. We are extremely happy that you recognized the customer service and friendliness of our staff as well as our facilities and our product. The whole team of Aloft Abu really hopes to be able to welcome you back very soon, let us know when you return. Best wishes! Rainer

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Staf in hotel is nice and polited, but managment is not. They dint care for guest, they care just how to take more and more money. They change price in last minute and I was bee peepare to pay new price like on booking.com i told them, but they didnt want to give me. They give 100qr biger price and didnt want to do anything abouth it, only front office lady told me " mr. if u want price lake on booking.com go to internet and make new reservation, my menager dont alaud me to give that price on reception". Very nice from her. But if they don want to keep the guest and if they dont know how to handle with situacion and that guest is always on first place I wreale dont think that they shoud have a guests before they start to think about guest on first place. Only then guest is gonna have filing that is important for hotel and he will come back again. So my advice is to go to some other hotel. Because for same money u will get 5 time beter service and feeling.
Best regards
D.M.I.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Gagi80
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Gagi80, thank you for sharing through this channel your encounter experienced at the reception of our hotel. We all regret that this matter was perceived in such way that you specially created a Trip Advisor account to criticize this situation. I would like to clarify this situation to avoid any further misunderstandings. The reservation for our hotel was done through a third party web site for a special promotional but very restricted rate available only when booked online. You then decided to extend your reservation asking for the same rate. The receptionist offered the rate that was available when booking directly at the hotel. Please accept our apologies if our receptionist expressed herself wrongly. It is not up to the will of the manager to honor you a rate available on a third party web site, this is a pricing policy which restricts such rates to be only bookable online hence the hotel staff in general is unable to manually extend this fare for you. I do however agree that we should have assisted you in booking this rate on the web in case it was available, my sincere apologies for this. By the other scores I am confident that the rest of your stay was up to your high expectations and trust that you will not solely judge our service on the basis of this isolated experience. As the only reason for the negative comment and score in the service is the misunderstanding with the room rate (we appreciate this by reading from your comments) I do invite you to come back and I am convinced that you will have a memorable stay with us and your view on our hotel will make a 180° degree change resulting in 100% satisfaction and delight with our product and service on your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for this, on behalf of the whole team, I am looking forward to welcome you very soon again. Best wishes! Rainer