“Average Asian food”

Cuisines: Asian
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Average Asian food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went once there ,It was little wired to get there ,no clear entrance , it was upstairs , just somebody passing he said its up , other wise you wont find , we reached , we were alone ,ambiance is OK

I guess we make wrong order , ramp meat and it was dry and not good , maybe if we ordered other Asian food in bowel or noodles would be better ,

it was over priced ,or maybe I felt like that comparing to what I got .

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank wes w

London, United Kingdom
“Sushi sushi”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Great sushi. Ask for your dragon roll. I love it! They also offer great noodles straight from the wok. Yummy. ..

• Visited February 2013
Abu Dhabi
“bad experience”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I wish we had a better experience in this restaurant. We found a sushi deal on the site timeoutabudhabi.com. It doesn`t say that we have to have any coupons or what ever, just 99 drh. Once we joined the restaurant we were informed that we have to give them the coupon but we hadn`t had it becoz, before to come there we called the hotel and we was not informed that we should have it ( by the way our call was redirected 3 times to different departments because no one could give us right information about this sushi deal). The waiter was nice and helpfull but the supervisor was just horrible, we asked her if she can help us but her attitude was unfriendly and she didnt even want to help us. We wanted to buy coupon online and ask her to print it but she hardly was ready to do that, despite of the fact we were the only 2 people in the restaurant. She was just smiling, nothing else. We had to leave this place, our mood was spoiled. Hopefully the guest service and f and b service is gonna be improved! 20/05/2012

• Visited May 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“All you can Eat Sushi @ Wokcano”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had recently been to Otaru Sushi in Samui, Thailand. The experience was so awesome, that I wanted this Japanese goodness again.

I didn't wait for even 5 seconds when I saw that Wokcano had AYCE sushi for 100 Dhs, limited time offer.

Located at the OnetoOne hotel, right above one of my favourite restaurants in Abu Dhabi (18 Oz), the restaurant is very chic. Nice wooden touches everywhere and the seats and nice and comfortable. Very nice for a date or a family outing.

The staff are awesome; the Sushi chef went out of his way to come to the table every time we needed something. (Generally sushi chefs are quite the posers :P)

We got a couple of maki/sashimi sets. The usual salmon, tuna, snapper (2), shrimp and a couple of maki rolls and some sushi.

I was a little disappointed in the lack of variety, but the sashimi was not bad. I found the cuts to be a little amateur, where the sashimi had some non-chewable parts. There were no crab or suf clam sashimi. The tuna was not as fresh as one would have liked, but it was still OK.

But overall, it tasted well. Although not the best sushi available, it is good - for 100Dhs.
Their usual price is 209 Dhs/person and I would never pay that to have this quality of sushi.

I have heard good things about the rest of the menu, but regardless, if I were to spend this kind of money, I would just go downstairs to the awesomeness of 18 Oz!

Good job regardless, you can only get better! :)

• Visited May 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Well above average Far Eastern fusion”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The me, the choice of the restaurant on-site at One to One the Village. Offering an eclectic mix of Far East and Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian. This place got my custom three times in less than a week.
Each time we went we were presented with a difference complimentary refresher drink and the same sesame encrusted cashews and soya beans in their pods with a chilli and soy sauce dip. To be honest the soya beans were past their best, although if you manage to get them out of their pods they were still okay, I could have eaten a bowl full of cashews.

On my various visits I had an excellent wonton soup, some tempura prawns sprinkled with black sesame accompanying a Green Mango salad and a Thai green papaya salad to which I asked for the sesame prawns to be added-no problem. Every starter I and my business colleague tried is fresh, tasty and absolutely hit the mark.

Main courses during our stay included Kung Po chicken, Laksa with prawns and chicken, Singapore noodles, a Vietnamese hot pot-all of which were fresh, well seasoned and spiced.
In my experience, restaurants, with a far Eastern theme are not especially good on desserts, this place did how offer however, offer the ubiquitous creme caramel, and exotic fruit salad and deep fried ice cream served over a pineapple carpaccio. Yes, deep fried ice cream. It was a cylinder of ice cream, wrapped in bread, tempura battered and then very quickly fried so the ice cream actually did remain frozen. An interesting combination that somehow seemed like the Far Eastern take on baked Alaska.

I was disappointed for this place thatthere were never more than half a dozen people in and it is definitely the pick of the five restaurants available on this site

• Visited March 2012