“Glad we chose here for our home”

Hala Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We have now been here for 3 months, after all the hard work looking for somewhere to live for the next year, so so pleased we chose here. The staff are amazing, always smiling, nothing is too much trouble, if there is a problem it is dealt with straight away, not that we have had many!
The area may not be the best to look at, but.....we are walking distance to everything we want/need (we didn't realise this till we had moved in) Abu Dhabi Mall, supermarket, english shop for pork if you require it, (which I would never known if the porter kindly told me) bars, restaurants, a fabulous chinese restaurant, I could go on and on....after the last awful place we were in for a year i am so glad we got to choose our own, anyone needing long term this is a gem. To all the staff....keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Higher floors due to the traffic noise, all rooms seem to look fine from what I have seen.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vonone
Hala A, General Manager at Hala Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your excellent comments on TripAdvisor.

Indeed we are proud of our service, staff and our property and it is always a pleasure to read positive comments about us. Please rest assured that we will share your comments with our team members.

Meanwhile, we hope to be able to continually serve you well.

Yours sincerely,

Tel No: 00971 (0) 24180000
Email: hala.arjaan@rotana.com

There are newer reviews for Hala Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi

Reviewed October 30, 2011

It's an amazing hotel especially if u like to prepare ur own dinner, as it has a stove, microwave, dishes and utensils. It also has a dishwasher. T felt like a 5*service. So great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Visioncoach001
Hala A, General Manager at Hala Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very delighted to read about your wonderful comment on Trip Advisor.

It is our aim to meet our guests’ expectations at all times and your excellent ratings for the hotel’s products and services do bring a lot of encouragement to the whole team. Thank you very much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hala Arjaan by Rotana and assuring you of your well-deserved service at all times.

Yours sincerely,

Tel No: 00971 (0) 24180000
Email: hala.arjaan@rotana.com

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed for 30 days at the Hala Arjaan.
Overall, for the price paid, I think you are getting your value for money. Incidents on service were relatively minor but can be frustrating over a longer period of time.

Room cleanliness is fine, other than the inconsistent times at which they are cleaned. I once walked in after a long day in the office and in Dubai only to come back the room was still not serviced.

Location is fine except that most cab drivers will take you to Beach Rotana or another one on Hamdan Street - can be frustrating

Gym facilities were good, could probably stand to open later

Massage service was great, but bottlenecked by the fact that only 1 person could do it so booking was hit or miss

I ordered room service every day due to the 24hour room-service; delivery times always were inconsistent especially for breakfast which on average increased my needed up time before going to the office by 30 minutes
Eggs were almost always overdone, whether you asked for them to be poached, sunny side up, over easy

In conclusion, for the price and location and facilities, fair value. Do not expect the stay to be one without snags or for the solution to be proactively solved for you.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Hala A, General Manager at Hala Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us at Hala Arjaan by Rotana on Trip advisor.

Your valuable feedback will make us aware on the actual guests’ experience, which will definitely allow us to improve the quality of our services and ensure total guest satisfaction.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and i have been in Abu Dhabi for a year, the place we are at has the contract up with his company, so we have been searching for 2 months for somewhere to stay for the next year, hasn't been easy I must say. We stayed here as a trial run for 2 nights, absolutlely perfect, room was fantastic, huge, everything you need to make it a home, staff where wonderful, we tried room service, again wonderful, and so reasonable priced, ok the pool is not what we would want, but jump a taxi down the road to the beach, or other hotels that you can use, not really a problem. We left booking for a year enough said! We can't wait to move in next week.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I reserved a hotel apartment in Hala Arjaan for a NYFA movie shooting (college project). The manager at the hotel (a Look-at-me-I'm-outta-control kinda' Arab guy) would not let two of my colleagues into the apartment and stopped them at the front desk. He asked for their ID's which they gave him, then he asked for his passports and visas. What is this, an embassy? The point that this manager was trying to prove (probably to his junior staff) was that his word is final, not only for them but even for the customers!! It all got so bad that we had to call the police which checked and cleared the ID's of all the people but finally told us that the hotel management has final say on who gets into their premises. It was a 700 Dirham bill going down the drain. We wrapped up the whole thing and left in extreme disappointment. Just then, the manager came up to me and said, "You know, if you guys had talked to me in a nicer manner, this would have not happened." Surprisingly, he then lets them go into the hotel after a quick apology is sent to him from OUR side... It was a need of the hour and we were students on tight schedules and pocket money so we APOLOGIZED to the arrogant man instead. And then, everything went back to normal. If this is customer service, then I dont know which school the owner has been going to.

About the apartment, it was really spacious and big, the hotel itself is not located in a very nice place but the apartment is very well organized and swanky. Nothing against it.

I would never stay here and would never recommend this place to anyone because you can build a good hotel but if you have pure goofs managing it, you will be competing against your own customers and this is exactly what Hala Arjaan management is doing.

Room Tip: Do not take lower floors as the traffic sounds will overwhelm you, not to mention the construction a...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Tangled-Reality
Hala A, Front Office Manager at Hala Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Member ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback concerning your stay with us.

We regret to hear that our services did not meet your expectations , hopefully in the future will exceed your statisfaction during your stay with us.

We would like to inform you that our Staff and Managment following The Rules and The Regulations of Abu Dhabi that any guest has to submit his / her ID upon thier arrival to the hotel , however we are looking forward to have all Guests ID's for thier saftey and Secuirty during thier stay with us.

We do appreciate your comments as these help a lot in our efforts to improve our services to meet our guest's expectations , we look forward to welcoming you back to Hala Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi , trusting that we could deliver the expected service next time.

Yours Sincerely

Firas Al Alami
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed at Haja Arjaan during Ramadam August 2011. The staff were very helpful in everyway they could. I have to thank Rajesh in particular who helped us get to know the area when we arrived.

The hotel itself was clean, as you'd expect, the room cleaning service is really good and the staff so pleasant. I would have to say compared to places like Spain or Portugal, I was hoping for a little bit better...the room wasnt that big when i compare the cost against area's in europe, it was basically a room and a very small kitchen area. The bathroom was nice, but the balcony wasnt really much to look at, or stand in...its not much wider than one person to be fair. And the views are mainly traffic and various grimy looking buildings.

Since it was ramadam, we had to rely alot of room service for food, which was on average about 45 minutes...which is quite a long time considering they had little guests during this season, and you do get sick of the menu they have.

Dont get me wrong, the staff did their utmost to make the stay a good one and attend to everything you need, but I guess I expected a bit better. It was my honeymoon so I put in a special request for a nice room with nice view. They gave me a standard room and well considering the view on all sides was pretty crap, I cant complain about the view. I have read on previous posts that guests have been upgraded when better rooms become free, and considering it was really quiet due to ramadam, i was hoping they would honour my request and make my honeymoon that bit better and give me a free upgrade.

They only had a buffet served in the main dining hall when they had large bookings, and so it shows little care for the minority..but once again i went during ramadam so alot of normal business practice is not in place.

The staff attitude was great, but their english could have been abit better, you could tell they had no idea what we were asking alot of the time...

but EVERYTHING else with the hotel was perfect, swimming pool was nice, one thing i was disapointed in was that there is alot of mention of outdoor rooftop swimming pool....this is not actually the case...the swimming pool is on the 2nd to last floor, half of it is covered by the cieling which runs upto half way and the rest is open sky (there is another floor above but rooms are on the sides) so hence its kind of outdoor, so please do not imagine a beautiful swimming pool on the building room where you can sunbathe...this is not the case...

the aircon in the hotel and rooms was suitable considering how humid it was outside (45degrees)

moving onto the "tourist club area"...the local area wasnt anything special...they keep saying about the local beach which you can use if you pay the neighbouring hotel a nominal fee....but its not really that local...at least 10 minute walk along a main road which in the heat is unbearable...and i never actually went to the beach as we met some other travellers who were staying at the beach hotel its connected to and said its not a proper beach, it was a small area of sand with small partitianing lake to other side (which is more half finished buildings)...

the local mall is ok...has a decent food court...although this only came alive after 7pm when fasting ended so didnt cater for tourists at all even though the area was called tourist club...and i only found about 2 places which served alcohol during my entire stay and they asked for ID...so i didnt bother as i was not going to carry my passport around...

everything was cheap compared to the pound...food, cigerettes (£1 a 20 deck b&h)...but i would say considering the name of the area...i didnt see many tourists and we did stand out...and the city itself does seem to have to up its game if its looking for tourists to finance the economy...

but cabs are cheap and there are some nice area's to see with reletively little cost...and dubai is just over an hour away and works out about £30 to get there by cab...and there is much more to see in Dubai...

depending what you are looking for as a tourist...Abu Dhabi itself may not tick all the boxes...but back to Hala Arjaan...good hotel and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Have stayed here on a number of occasions and the staff made me welcome - they remember guests who have stayed there before - great PR! The rooms are large and comfortable, as are the bathrooms and everything is spotlessly clean. They are also well equipped with fridges, ironing boards, tea, coffee and a good TV service. The hotel is in the city so don't expect scenic views. There is a gym and an outdoor pool with jacuzzi but I never got to ask about their maintenance regime for those areas.
The restaurant is large and the tables had (just) enough space between them; the meals are ok but expensive and the staff attentive. However, the hotel is 'dry' so don't expect a comfortable bar!
For me the staff on reception and the porters are the stars of the hotel; they will try their hardest to help and always have a smile, even after dealing with some of the most difficult customers around!
Would I stay there again? Yes, of course! It is centrally located and isn't it good to be remembered when you return? And, for a city centre hotel, the cost is not that bad.

Room Tip: Try and chose a room with a street view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business