“Sets a high standard”

Ranked #47 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Sets a high standard”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I'm in Rotana, Abu Dhabi for a long stay. If you're going to have a long family separation, the Rotana helps make it more bearable. The restaurant is amazing. The rooms are top, and the hospitality staff is wonderful. Renato is making sure everything is excellent for me. And the hotel gave me an unexpected birthday cake. Far from Abu Dhabi's center, there is a free shuttle, an inexpensive public bus service, and plenty of taxis. Can't wait for my family to visit and see this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Toto2Leavenworth,

We are honoured to have you as a guest; thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. It is great to know that you are being very well looked after by the team, namely Renato, and I have already shared your compliments.

Please do let us know when your family will join you at Yas Island, it will be a pleasure to prepare a nice vacation plan for them.

Thanks again and best regards,

nadim.elzyr@rotana.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
crawley
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Everything is how it should be spot on , stayed in a lot of 5 * hotels in UAE and this one is nearly up there with them,
Free access to the private beach, don't rely on the buses not good time keepers ! Taxis are cheap
A family Eating in the hotel every night is not a financial option so jump in a taxi to Ethiad Plaza where you can eat good food at good price,

Room Tip: Rooms on Floors 9 & 10 will give you brilliant views of the F1 track with a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear lescrawley,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and we are pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed the visit to Yas Island Rotana.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Best regards,

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for over a month in May 2012 and then for a week in Dec 2012. I was surprised at the quality of this hotel. The check-in was very simple and took all but 10 mins. The room that I got was exactly the room that I booked. The rooms are clean and well kept. You have an option of either changing the linens and towels every day of go green and change them once you feel like it. The furniture, carpet and the beds are new and I have to say that the beds are very comfortable.
Since Yas Island is a fair distance from the main city center, if you do choose to stay at Rotana you will probably have to have at least one meal at the hotel. The good news is that although the restaurant is some times over crowded the breakfast is very well served. I did have dinner at the same restaurant several time and the best thing is that the buffet menu, changes almost daily i.e British on Monday , Asian on Tuesday and so on. There are several other boarding and dinning choice on Yas island but I found the facilities in Rotana to be best. The hotel can also provide limo service to the airport.
Most of the time the national taxi service cabs are parked outside the hotel and are metered so no hassle of bargaining or over charging.
The only cons that I can think of are the variety of channels on TV is limited and cab rides from the hotel to Marina cost around 80 AEDs.

Room Tip: They have several room option select the one that best suits.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ali S,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you very much for your continuous support for Rotana Hotels and for taking the time to sharing your experiences with us via TripAdvisor.

It is great to know that you enjoyed you had a memorable stay with us. We are proud of the culinary excellence that we achieve at the hotel and you will find new and exciting promotions throughout the year. With regards to the transportation in to the city, we have introduced 4 new shuttle services to all our hotel guests on a complimentary basis.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Yas Island Rotana in the near future, please remain in touch and I will be happy to help in making arrangements for you.

Thanks again and all the best,

PEI
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed at the Rotana on YI. What a nice place! Had a lovely room,plus possibly the best meal since coming to the UAE in almost 18 months.Also included was a free beach pass and that too was GREAT!
Highly recommend .

1 Thank islander008
Dear islander008,

Thank you very much for choosing the Yas Island Rotana and we are so pleased to know that you had a memorable experence in our hotel and the Blue Grill restaurant.

I can assure you that you will always be satisfied with Rotana's hotel and restaurant offering, and we all hope to welcome you back at Yas Island in the very near future.

Many thanks for the recommendation, best regards,

Glasgow
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here 12th feb to 19th 2014, on arrival the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The hotel is nice very modern, very clean, we upgraded to a suite which was fantastic, we were on the 8th floor facing the pool, I know people were complaining about the planes noise, I have to say we never heard it during the night. The rangoli indian has the best indian food I have tasted, and I have been to a lot of indian restaraunts all over the world, again the staff were fantastic, we also went to the blue grill my husband had steak and I had sea bass, the food was beautiful, staff here were also fantastic, the pool was great, although the sun went away around 3pm, but the staff told us to go to the other hotel to get the remainder of the sun. I would like to say Yam serving at the pool was very friendly and helpful. Yas island is a little bit out of the way, but the taxis are very cheap, so its easy to get around. I would recommend this hotel, its value for money and the friendliness of everyone at this hotel makes it even better.

Dear Donna H,

Greetings from Yas Island! Thank you very much for choosing our hotel on your recent trip to Abu Dhabi, and we are so pleased to know that the hotel's level of service and facilities contributed to a very memorable stay.

All of your comments have been shared by the team, and we are all thankful for the compliments with respect to the restaurants, the facilities, and best of all the guest focus.

Our only wish is that you would take another opportunity to visit us in the near future. We are excited that the Yas Mall will be operational before the end of the year and a host of exciting events and attractions are set to make Yas Island the place to be in Abu Dhabi.

Many thanks for your recommendation, best regards,

Aberdeen
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Its a lovely hotel but it has some peculiar failings. Trying to close the patio doors requires a degree in mechanical engineering, the pool is in the shade by 4.30pm, the F1 track is nosier than you might expect.

On the plus side, the room we were in was big and spacious, we dined at the Blue Grill, it was absolutely fantastic.

I would definately dine again at the Rotana, but probably wouldnt stay there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear IainAdan,

Thank you very much for choosing the Yas Island Rotana and it is great to know that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are very thankful for your feedback. With regards to the noise, I truly believe that your sliding door was not functioning properly as that would have dramatically reduced the noise level. Our engineering team should have been able to rectify this for you, please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. With regards to the sunlight, we recognize that the sun sets behind the building and so we usually offer all of our Rotana guests who wish to soak up some more sun the chance to visit the pool at our sister property, Centro Yas Island. On the other hand, the pool area is perfect for the hot summer months when it is more desirable to be in the shade.

It would be a big pleasure to welcome you back in our restaurants and at the hotel, please feel free to stay in touch and I will be very happy to assist you with your bookings.

Thank you once again and best regards,

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Clean, well situated, pleasant staff and simple functional rooms with a nice pool, deck and lounge chairs. Everything seemed ok until I wanted to have dinner ( I am a vegan) Pizza was of frozen variety and already had cheese, portobello mushroom burger also with cheese. I finally asked for pasta with Tomato sauce! When it came (and all my friends had finished their meals by then ) it was something akin to " a cup of penne in tomato soup" . Nasty stuff, not to mention the bill which had all kinds of entres on it, which no one had. Generally our group thought their dinners were pretty poor! Breakfast was good with lots of fruit etc. So I loaded up to get me thru the day! I almost forgave them but when standing by the tiny over crowded elevator area, I turned to a staff member and asked, "Please, can you tell me where the stairs are?" The reply ..."sorry mam, I'm a helper so I don't know!" God forbid there was an emergency!! I'd stay there again, but eat dinner else where and do my own emergency planning!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Rita W,

On behalf of all of us at Yas Island Rotana, thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Abu Dhabi.

It is great to know that overall you had a pleasant stay, at the same time I sincerely apologize that the food was complete off the mark for you and your friends. It is disappointing to know that you were not taken care of because we take pride in being able to customize any meal and deliver world-class dishes. Thanks to your valuable feedback, I have sat with the kitchen and service team and we have come up with a list of Vegan items which can be offered in the future. I assure you that if you were to visit our restaurants again, you will find a very big difference.

With regards to the staircase, we are also puzzled by the answer. To clarify, we certainly have stairs but as they are for emergency purposes, they lead to the exterior of the hotel. Also they are inaccessible from the lobby to the guest floors.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the breakfast offering and that you were satisfied by the overall level of service and the facilities. Please feel free to get in touch with me and I will be happy to assist in making your arrangements for your next trip to Yas Island.