“Yas Island Rotana Hotel Abu Dhabi”
Review of Yas Island Rotana

Yas Island Rotana
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at the Yas Rotana hotel for the 2012 F1 Grand Prix the hotel is fantastically located opposite the Yas circuit with excellent views of sections of the race circuit & Ferrari World in the distance! (Complimentary shuttle service is provided to & from he venue)The hotel staff are very friendly & professional exactly what you would expect from this part of the world! & there is a heavy security presence during Grand Prix time which fills you with re assurance. The choice of food in the choices restaurant is very extensive with other restaurants in the hotel which provide catering for everyone!

We will be re booking our stay with the Rotana for the 2013 F1 Grand Prix!

Room Tip: Fro views of the Yas marina Circuit book a room from the seventh to ninth floor which overlooks the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us during the 2012 Grand Prix and for your kind words regarding the service you have received. We will be delighted welcoming you back for the 2013 Grand Prix and please let me know should you require further information.

There are newer reviews for Yas Island Rotana

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel has pretty much everything you would expect for the price.
My room was clean, spacious, everything in good order.
The fancy Steak Restaurant had good food, though quite very pricey. The bar could do with a better choice of beer but was otherwise alright, too.
Unless you have business on Yas Island, you might want to consider going somewhere else. It is close to Abu Dhabi airport and the F1 race track, but otherwise miles away from anything else like downtown Abu Dhabi for instance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Suppiluliomas

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the food and the overall product. We are delighted to read that you will recomend the hotel and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

First and foremost the staff at this hotel was the most friendly I've ever encountered, not just a few but all of them.
The Deluxe King room was spacious and clean with a balcony overlooking the pool area, the pool and surrounding area are nice. The food at Choices Buffet was good and again the service was excellent and the staff very friendly. The one disappointment in the food area was that on Saturday morning we were directed to away from Choices to another restaurant, it was tight and crowded and the food line was always mostly empty - most of us there were complaining but they seemed unable to solve the problem.
The spa is great and the massages were very nice.
A couple other minor issues is that check-in was a slow and tedious process, again, very friendly but very tedious. Also the keys didn't work 5 times over the course of 2 days, only when I insisted on a new card instead of reprogramming the old card did they finally work.
It was Eid weekend so there were a lot of families and lots of kids.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the friendliness of the employees, the food and the overall product. Nevertheless your comments regarding the busy breakfast, the check in and the room key card are important to us and they will be treated with our outmost consideration.

We hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Another trip to Abu Dhabi, and I chose to stay at the Yas Island Rotana based on my previous good experience. I also chose Yas Island as it was convenient for my work - otherwise it must be said that Yas Island is NOT particularly convenient if you're working in Abu Dhabi itself.

I remain very impressed with this hotel, although since I was staying around F1 time in Abu Dhabi, the value for money was not as good as last time since the room rates all skyrocket at this time of year - it's the one time of year that the Yas Island hotels are actually full!

What really impressed me this visit was the efforts made by all the staff to give you a personalised service. Everyone took the trouble to greet me, and if they had access to the information, they greeted me by name, which I found a nicely done touch. For example when you call the guest services, you're greeted by name immediately. At the Blue Grill restaurant, I was asked my room number on arrival, and from that point on all the staff greeted me by name. This is a clear sign of attention to detail and I think it's a sign of some good customer service policies of the hotel.

The food at all three restaurants was good, although I must say that the breakfast at the "Choices" buffet restaurant is the better meal (better than dinner). The Blue Grill steaks are still exceptional, although the prices are also exceptionally high I have to say.

The room is a decent size, everything works, the wifi is free and fast, no questions asked.

The "Y" bar is also a good venue, and is clearly a popular local destination. There might be a chance that the noise from the bar could affect the rooms above, although I stayed on a higher floor (5th) and had absolutely no concerns.

Still a very good choice for Yas Island.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are at additional cost
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your detailed review and your kind words about the hotel, the overall food and the friendliness of our employees.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we surely looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I spent two nights at the Yas Island Rotana on business on 29th and 30th October. I arrived very early in the morning and they arranged and early check in, allowing me to be able to shower and settle down before my first meetings. The rooms are spacious and well laid out with really good taste. My room overlooked the Grand Prix circuit and I was really annoyed that I had not check out the dates before my trip - otherwise I would have stayed longer!

I noticed a number of families at the hotel, so while this review is based on a business trip experience, the hotel does seem to cater for all travellers. My only issue is that I was so busy, I did not have time to try the spa, gym or even the pool area!

Breakfast at Choices was good with a large selection - the only thing missing was pork(for obvious reasons) and the food and service was excellent. There are more than enough choices for probably any taste! I dined both evenings in the Blue Grill at the hotel and food and service were superb - a lot of hotels and restaurants could learn from the staff and the Blue Grill!

A visit to Abu Dhabi is well worth a stay in the Yas Island Rotana - while it is away from the Corniche, it is very easy to get there if you need to. I would certainly return here on either business or holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product, the food and the friendly service you have received. We were happy to hear that we have met your expectations and we hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had visited the hotel to celebrate our anniversary. We had initiallyy booked for a classic suite, but then decided to upgrade to a premium suite. It was an excellent decision, and we loved the room! We had some delicious snacks at the pool bar in the afternoon, and on returning to the room, found a cake and a card wishing us on our anniversary. It was a lovely surprise, and a really delicious cake! The buffet dinner and buffet breakfast was really goo at the Choices restaurant, and its manager and staff are very friendly and welcoming. There is nothing we could fault on, and everything from the valet, to the front desk, room service, even the security is geniunely friendly! A special mention to Rahul who helped us get the room we needed. Will be definitely visiting again!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the premium room if available, its worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for your detailed review and your kind words about the product, the food and the friendly service you have received. We were glad to hear that we have met your expectations and we hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back in the near future.

Additionaly your comments regarding on of our colleague were passed on to him and he was pleased to hear about your contentment.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We came for an Eid holiday and booked via a Cobone voucher for two nights including Ferrari World park tickets. The hotel staff was warm and informative and the accomodations were superb. Due to our family's size and the need for extra bedding, we were upgraded to a junior suite and we had a great pool view. The room's size gave us far more space than was needed, making our two night stay comfortable enough to endure.

The first blip came in the advertised "children must be accompanied by parents after 7pm) not being followed and out being told that due to the hotel being very busy and it being darker after hours, children are NOT being allowed after 7pm. The second was that we were unable to utilize the two complimentary drinks at the poolside bar that we were given as a part of our stay. This was because although the in-room booklet detailing the restaurants and bars timings listed its hours until 9:00pm, the hours have since changed at it closes at 7:00pm. (Mind you, the pool remains open until 10, but the swim up bar closes at 7 at the same time children are no longer allowed.) I don't know, I thought a poolside drink once the pool was child-free was a good idea. But hey, who am I?

Finally, our mattress was either too soft or too cheap as we found ourselves sinking in and finding a comfortable sleeping positions was difficult.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us during Eid and we appreciate your valuable feedback.

As we are committed to deliver exceptional service every time, we are in daily process of improving our standards and our guest’s expectations. Therefore your comments regarding the bed matress are important to us and they will be treated with our outmost consideration. Furthermore allow me to elaborate that children are not allowed after sunset, as it can be a hazard. Regarding the pool bar opening timings, on the in room Guest services booklet and under Aquarius Pool Bar, it states that the opening hours are from 9:00am to 7:00pm.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back in the near future.