“Friendliest staff of any hotel we have ever stayed”
Review of Yas Island Rotana

Yas Island Rotana
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We are just finishing a 3 night stopover in Abu Dhabi staying at Yas Island Rotana. From the moment of our arrival to our departure the staff of this hotel have provided excellent service in a friendly and personable style. The staff of this hotel will be one of the lasting impressions we have of Abu Dhabi - which is some credit to them when you look at all the wonderful attractions of this region. Well done, and their service would certainly make me a returning customer. Every other aspect of the hotel was equally good - but the people are what make any business stand out from the crowd.

Room Tip: The space and view from the corner suites were well worth the money.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product and your great appreciation for the hotel employees. We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Yas Island Rotana

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Nice hotel on Yas Island. Nice rooms, very clean an spacious. Amenities good, pool very nice with helpful staff and lifeguards.

Only downside is location if you need to be in town, but taxis are very cheap.

• Stayed: April 2012
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product, the pool facilities and the employees of the hotel. We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We went to Yas Island for a relaxing Weekend & it was more than that. As we arrived we got out rooms at 2pm as per confirmation. Check in was quick and friendly and you even get a welcome drink which is not normal for UAE Hotels. Nice touch! After our check in we went for Brunch in Choices Restaurant. I have to say this is really great value for money. We paid 198 + taxes which includes all your alcoholic drinks like beer, wine spirits & even sparkling wine as well as Lobster, Sushi, Oysters, Live Cooking stations & Carving Station even they have a separate Kids Buffet which was enjoyed by my daughter. Service is efficient & polite. After Brunch we went to the pool. Even it was quiet hot you have a nice shade in the afternoon which is very convenient not to get burned when you stay to long. We had a few drinks a the pool bar which were excellent. You have to try the Frozen Margarita one of the best I had so far. In the evening we left our kids in the room & they ordered Room Service which was quick & good in quality as well as cost. Me & my wife went to Blue Grill which is one of our favorite places in Abu Dhabi & as always we had a great dinner. Service is great & the quality of food for what you pay is even better. After Blue Grill we went for a night cap in Y-Bar. Y-Bar is one of the trendy places in Abu Dhabi at the moment and it can get quite busy at time, nevertheless the Service is always on the spot. Next morning before our check out we all had Breakfast again in Choices & you have all you can wish for on the Buffet. Coffee service is very attentive and my cup was always full, which is very important to me. When we came down for Check out it was quite busy in the Lobby as it looks like that a lot of guests come to this Hotel to do the same as we did. Even it was busy it didn't take long for Check out. All in all this Hotel is great as you have all the different options within the Hotel which it even could be a Resort. The rooms are fitted nice, our room had a balcony with pool view & the beds are very comfortable. I had a good night sleep. Highly recommend the Hotel & for sure I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product, the food and the employees of the hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We've stayed in several hotels on Yas Island. We live in Abu Dhabi and like to enjoy the good hotels around us. We made use of the brunch in Choices on Friday before checking into our room. We managed to get a late deal and upgraded to a Club King with access to the Club Lounge on the 10th Floor. Our room was located on the 7th Floor. As we were travelling with children we contacted the hotel before booking to see if there were any age or time restrictions in children accessing the lounge and was told no. Yet on arriving in the lounge at 6pm for evening snacks and drinks were told children were not permitted. The pools and surrounding areas are taken up by day users of the hotel and its facilities including those spilling out of the Friday brunch. As hotel guests we struggled to find a spare sun bed or two, Both the water in the kids pool and the main pool was cold. Fast food wrappers and plates were floating in the water of the kids pool from unattended trays and tables around the pool. We left after breakfast. Disappointing stay. Unlikely to return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

we thank you for your review and appreciate your valuable feedback. All your points have been taken under consideration and please let me know directly should we be of any further assistance. Furthermore, I sincerely hope that we would have the opportunity to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I would agree to some of the check-in / staff issues raised by earlier reviewers- faced some delay myself, despite having specifically requested for an early check-in (12:30) at the time of booking and repeated follow ups afterwards as well. The room was not ready, the lady at the reception was on a complete no-nonsense mode there was some salsa event going on and the access to the pool was restricted. The only option was to sit in the lobby and wait.
BUT everything was sorted out within 5 mins when I complained to the Manager on duty. She went out of her way to sort everything out- the room was provided, a cake sent to our room and the pool access was sorted. Afterwards, she also came up to us a number of times to recheck if everything else is fine.
In terms of the hotel, the location is perfect for formula 1- its new and clean but is a relatively small property- there is not much to do in here except for a pool which is kind of small as well. The only thing outdoors is the same pool which gives a feeling like a backyard pool. The rooms and bathrooms are modern, new and clean, however, not the best in the vicinity. I have stayed in even better ones (in some of the surrounding properties nearby). The breakfast at Choices was just Ok and dinner buffet over there was simply bad. Y-Bar is a trendy place to hangout for a while.
We tried the spa's from Bodylines and that was a complete bliss.Totally amazing.
All in all- It is a good place at the price which they are on (room costs lower than the surrounding properties) plus conveniently located for Ferrari World/formula 1. We managed to find a deal so it worked out even better for us. Otherwise maybe other surrounding hotels are better. Would we come back? - Probably not - we did not find anything special to come back for. We will probably try something else.

Room Tip: Go for the poolside view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SahTripper
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

we thank you for your review and appreciate your valuable feedback and all your points have been addressed and taken under serious consideration. Please let me know directly should we be of any further assistance. Furthermore, I sincerely hope that we would have the opportunity to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Comfortable Rooms, laid out well and modern. Loved the glass panels from shower into main space.
When I was originally planning my trip, I thought the hotel website said there was only WiFi in the common areas, but my room did have it much to my surprise. Tons of drawer and desk space - made it perfect for getting in some computer time.

I was on the 6th floor facing the pool and Yas Circuit. I didnt hear too much outside noise other than the planes coming in for landings. I did hear the F1 cars one night, but I am interested in them so I was excited about that.

The staff was great, and always willing to help. I had some problems figuring out my lights / electricity a couple of times (my fault both times) and the staff was great and always happy to help

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product and the employees of the hotel. We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I usually stay in "downtown" Abu Dhabi, but this time decided to try Yas Island. It is more convenient to where I was working, closer to the airport (and to Dubai, for that matter), and has a good selection of hotels. I chose the Rotana based on recommendations from colleagues and previous good experience with the Rotana group. I wasn't disappointed and can definitely recommend this hotel if you're staying in Abu Dhabi and don't have a pressing need to be downtown.

The service was very good, the food at the restaurants (I tried all three of them) was also very good, with a great wine list also in the steakhouse. The buffet restaurant was very impressive with a good selection and variety to keep me interested during my week-long stay. The room was very good, with everything needed. The only minor issue was the doors to the balcony which appear to have a "known" design problem and are difficult to close once opened. Lesson learnt; don't open them! Balcony rooms do overlook the pool and probably have a nicer view.

Yas Island itself is a work-in-progress, but at the hotel you are close to the F1 circuit, the marina, Ferrari World and more (even the new Abu Dhabi Ikea if a little shopping is on your agenda).

Room Tip: Balcony rooms have a nicer view, but beware of the the doors
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and your kind words about the product and the food and beverage selection. We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.