“Perfect. ”

Ranked #5 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Limerick, Ireland
“Perfect. ”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Anything you could want for a celebration or a weekend away. The hotel is incredible, staff will do anything to help you, very friendly and helpful. Food is expensive but exactly what you expect from a 5 star hotel, its gorgeous. Pool facilities are comfortable offering ice pops every 30 minutes and a choice of a family pool or quiet pool on top of the hotel which gives a fantastic view of Yas Island.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Rooms are huge! As is the bed which was really comfy. Bathroom was very good and everything was kept very clean.

There's a good gym on the top floor and a nice pool too. Although it can get a bit windy up top and hence cold when you're out of the water.

The bar at the top is quite good and the 'shell' over the building illuminates in changing colors which is quite cool to have a few drinks under in the evening.

Breakfast is very good - the buffet selections is quite good and the but the quality of everything is top. Sitting outside and looking over the F1 track and the boats in the Marina is a pretty good start to the day.

There's not really a lot else around and we ate in the hotel everynight at the various different restaurants. These are all good, although they are, as to be expected pretty expensive.

Room Tip: Some of the higher rooms may be under the shell and any view you think you might get may well be obs...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Jeffrey C,

Thank you for sharing your detailed impressions of Yas Viceroy.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and have noticed the lovely atmosphere the hotel creates at night with its special lighting theme.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Decided to book this hotel as we were visiting Abu Dhabi and didn't want to feel rushed, and from start to finish it was excellent. Every single member of staff we met were superb, friendly, welcoming and helpful (without being annoying!). Stayed in room 2115 which overlooked the Marina (great views day and night). Beautiful well equipped room, all gadgets and gizmos explained perfectly by porter. Well maintained pool area (again with great views of the Yas Marina F1 circuit and Marina beyond) with extremely helpful pool staff - gyms well equipped (only annoyance is that it is not a mixed gym and we are a heterosexual couple, which was a little disappointing). We ate in 'Amici' (Italian) for lunch; tasty food in peaceful surroundings. Dinner we took in the main 'Origins' restaurant and we were spoilt for choice; many different foods on offer and as it was a buffet you could eat as much as you liked. We were not fobbed off with expensive water (which has happened in the past) we were given the option and stuck to the local (inexpensive) water! Great overnight stay in a very comfortable room, bed perfect and AC quiet! Breakfast (buffet) taken in 'Origins' - chose outside next to the racetrack and again so much excellent choice of food (hot and cold) and waiting staff unflustered and on hand at all times topping up coffee and tea (they were very busy, but nothing too much trouble). Booking out was smooth and car brought up via valet service perfectly timed, packed with our bags and ready for us as we walked out of the door. We loved it and would definitely stay again in a heartbeat. Thank you :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I love it amazing hotel great service we stayed with family everything was fantastic reception staff in the restaurant was perfectly educated. Thank you very much for great weekend Unbelievable will be back soon wonderful

• Stayed April 2014
South Australia, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here because I love F1 and wanted to be close to Ferrari World and stay in the worlds only circuit hotel. For a 5 star plus hotel, I found was the staff were below standard. Although the staff were friendly, most staff were slow and lazy, either that or they were not trained well.

An example is when I checked out, one of the front staff took my baggage ID to get my luggage that I had brought down from my room, and then just walked off, then stood behind the front desk again as if nothing had happened. So then after 10 mins I had to follow up where my luggage was with someone else (and without my luggage token). There were a few staff that were great, but most were poor and inattentive.

Still give it a very good rating because it is an impressive hotel, but if it were any other hotel without an F1 circuit going through it, I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Marina rooms cost more, but I moved to a room facing the circuit above the bridge that goes over the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex Y
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

stayed at the Viceroy for three nights. The first impression was dubious. I had booked and paid for a double room (king size) and when I checked in I was informed that only twin rooms were available. That was not what I had in mind so I asked how long the wait would be. 2-3 hours I was informed. Reluctantly I said I'd it was okay, that I would wait. When they realized that I would not go for a twin they suddenly had a room for me. Say what?

Okay, about the room. The room itself was very good and the TV channels more than acceptable and free of charge. Another plus was the free Wifi. A lot of hotels squeeze their visitors on this aspects and kudos to Viceroy for not doing so.

Cleanliness...

I stayed at the hotel for three nights and I didn't get cleaning ONCE. The first day I assumed a mistake had happened and I am a reasonable guy so I didn't complain. Then the second day came and I arrive at the hotel way past midnight. The cleaning had not been done and I found a note that stated that I had put up the sign for privacy... which was not true at all! I went to bed and checked out the following day.

On a separate note the Gym is quite all right.

Altogether not impressed at all!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank avazig
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear avazig,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am sorry to read that our services did not meet your expectations. I am reviewing your comments with the team - in particular the issue of the twin room on arrival as well as the "do not disturb" sign.

Your note about the cleaning service is of course very concerning and I will ensure that we follow up in a better manner in future.

I do hope that you will visit us again in the not too distant future and please feel free to contact me directly via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com.

Bangkok
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Had a great stay here, ended up spending 1 week here and got very well looked after. Loved the food in the lebanese restaurant, and the breakfast was awesome. Look forward to my next visit during the F1.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Aff_Rallare,

Thank you for your brief notes about Yas Viceroy on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us - especially our Atayeb restaurant. I will share your comments with the team as a means of motivation.

If you require any assistance regarding your booking for the race weekend (as mentioned in your review), please email us directly via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com.