“This is finest hotel near a race track!”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

This place is unbelievable! The room is spacious with a balcony overlooking the F1 track and the Marina. I would like to stay here for the race but I bet it is impossible. Get the jalepeno margarita on the roof top bar. It is to die for! The restaurants are second to none and yachts are beautiful.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel is one of the most amazing hotels I have ever experienced. I really enjoyed every moment in the hotel and loved every details of it. It is really precious piece of art. To get the most enjoyable moments in life at this hotel, go for a suite since you are sweet ;)

Room Tip: If you were more than 3 people, then check out the suites.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I just completed a 3 night stay at the hotel.

Some of my notes:

Positives:
1) Architecturally stunning hotel with a location next to the F1 track and also Ferrari World.
2) They have spared no expense in the fixtures and the furniture/fittings in the room
3) Nice gym, well stocked with equipment

Negatives:
1) The room thermostat was difficult to use. There should be a set of printed instructions on how to adjust the temperature in the rooms. There were several members of our party that struggled with the temperature controls. We each had to call for a technician to come and change the temperature in the room.
2) There were many flies at the breakfast buffet in the morning. When I brought it to the attention of the serving staff, they just shrugged their shoulders.
3) I made the mistake of sending a set of clothes to the laundry. It started when I called housekeeping to send someone to pick up the laundry in the morning. After 30 minutes, I gave up waiting for someone to come and brought it down to the reception myself. The laundry form of the hotel says that if laundry is delivered before 9am in the morning, it will be delivered back to the room between 7-9pm the same day. When I returned to my room at 9pm the same day, the laundry was not back so I called and inquired when my laundry would be returned. Similar to my morning experience, again, there was no reply after 30 minutes. That was when I escalated it to the Duty Manager who told me that the laundry was closed. I finally only got my laundry back at 1130pm, about 2.5 hours after the promised delivery time.

If you have found this review helpful, please indicate. Thanks.

Room Tip: Don't attempt to walk from the hotel to the F1 track entrance. As close as it seems to the F1 tr...
Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dover C
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel beautifully designed with large, elegant and well equipped bedrooms. The adult only swimming pool clean, attractive and the staff welcoming. Fascinating to look down from our balcony and watch the activity on the Formula One circuit. The noise is extraordinary and although the bedroom had thick double glazing can still be heard inside. Staying for two days we enjoyed the 'buzz' of the place. - there were training sessions every morning and afternoon although the hotel staff did say that wasnt the norm. For anyone staying longer or with no interest in racing cars the noise could be a problem. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a good hotel... the rooms have good technology and are very comfy, clean and nice.
no special views for rooms, they all overlook the yas circuit.
breakfast is superb. i also used the swimming pool which was also very clean and nice...
we booked a spa package for two (couple's valentine's package), but it appeared that we have to be in separate rooms! this is supposed to be a couple's massage... but anyway, very clean and fancy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Maurice A,

thank you for sharing your brief review of Yas Viceroy.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am sorry that we did not have the couples room available for your Valentines massage. We do have a couples room and I will ensure that we will assign it accordingly.

I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kind regards,

Oliver Bruns

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had organised our review for two days. The stay and the arrangements were good. The view of formula one race (we could see only the practice session) was an experience. It is located very close to Abu Dhabi Airport. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to be there.

Room Tip: The view from the rooms in the higher floors are good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I can firmly say that it was right choice to select Yas Viceroy for our corporate meeting. I will recommend to choose this if you are looking for bussiness & good vacation activities for you & your family. This is a high customer friendly hotel with Ferrario world theme park & Yas Marina Water park within same Yas Island. You will enjoy hearing swishing sounds of speedy race cars while sitting in the hotel outdoor lunch area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank fshujrah
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear fshujrah,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a productive meeting here at Yas Viceroy.

I do hope that you will be back again soon.

Kind regards,