“Fantastic Hotel booked for a steal!”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Hotel booked for a steal!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in this hotel, returning after a European vacation.
The hotel was absolutely fantastic, situated right on the F1 race track. My room was overlooking the marina on the track and had a perfect view of the track.
The room was enormous and had all the conveniences you could need. Hotel provided shuttle around the island to Ferrari world and Water park made it an ideal base to visit these attractions. The staff were friendly and helpful and always recognised and greeted me each day. The F1 track was open on Tuesday night for walkers and bike riders and being next to it, made it even better use of night.
The only real downfall is that it is not situated near the city centre, however with cheap taxis in Abu Dhabi didn't present that much of an issue to spend some time exploring the city if you wished to do so.
Truly a 5 star hotel, with 5 star service, but when able to book a King Room for around AUD 150 including breakfast makes it a pretty good price to stay in such a prestige and modern 5 star hotel. Will definitely recommend this hotel, as long as the price is right!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Rob G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive review of Yas Viceroy and the nearby Yas Island attractions. I am glad you were able to benefit from our close proximity to such things as Ferrari World & Yas Waterworld and were fortunate enough to be here on a Tuesday to enjoy the Yas Marina F1 Circuit.
It is always great to read that a guest would recommend the hotel to others and it would be my great pleasure to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

Oliver Bruns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel has an impressive design.
We stayed for 3 days and we have booked the marina view room.
The room is overlooking the marina and the the villa where the F1 team stay during the race.
We haven't had time to use the swimming pool but looks nice.
The restaurants in the hotel are quite nice, but quite expensive.
I would happily stay there again on my next trip to Yas Island. The only disappointment is the service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MMIHaria,

I am always delighted to read that a guest would happily choose to stay at Yas Viceroy again – that is by far the best compliment that we can receive. I am however, disappointed to read that the level of service you experienced was below expectations. I have shared your feedback with the team as fabulous service is something we pride ourselves on and constantly strive to surpass the expectations of our guests.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed for a quick one-night-er (great rate) & were generally pleased. Some issues; TV inoperable (fixed); AC kept turning on & off (not sure if can be fixed to on position-too complicated!). Otherwise fine. Bed was a tad hard for me though. The place is unusual (odd I suppose!) in its design & fit out & is showing signs of wear & tear (it's all that white everywhere). Did not try food & beverage. Will try it again at the right price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear thebigseats,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay, but disappointed that you faced some challenges with the operation of your room. Both the television and AC issues have been investigated by our Engineering department to ensure that they are not repeated or replicated.
I would be delighted to welcome you back to enjoy the numerous and varied dining options on offer here at Yas Viceroy.

Bikfayya, Mont-Liban, Lebanon
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice hotel but the external design damages the view from rooms. We took a marina view but we were a bit disappointed cause it seemed like we were in prison...
The family pool was nice and our 2 yr old enjoyed it a lot.

Breakfast was also good with a wide choice in the buffet

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Nathalie M
Dear Nathalie M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Yas Viceroy. It appears that you were placed in a room under our unique Grid Shell. Whilst this is a striking design feature of the building, I can appreciate your comments. We are currently working to review the classification of our rooms so guests are informed whether their room will in fact be located under the Grid Shell – thus giving the advantage of choice.
Despite the challenges you faced in regards to view, I am glad that our leisure and dining options were to your liking. I would be delighted to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Absolutely wonderful and outscores regional standards. Impressive design and architecture, room was very comfortable good size with all we need, specially AC was very-very quiet yet effective for a goodnight sleep. Staff was professional, Food was delicious and variety of options available. Overall it was pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Padam J,

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Yas Viceroy.
On behalf of all at the hotel, it would be our great pleasure to welcome you back.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at Yas Viceroy, abu dhabi, now as a first impression...WOW, the hotel is HUGE, theres a driveway which leads up to the hotel and you can see its lights anywhere on yas island. Check-in was smooth and bags were delivered to my room in no time, I even ordered dinner which came in exactly 30minutes, exactly as the room service stated! (Ordered burger, it was ok...ive had better!) Overall people are extremely friendly and hospitable, but one of the things I found annoying was how my room was located on the other side of the hotel! Its a good 5 min walk! So I end up running to my meetings if im late, I once forgot my key at the gym and had to go back for it (had realised once I reached my room!) And was pretty confused the first day because u have to take 2 elevators and walk down 2 hallways...some people might like it, but to me I just felt it was inconvenient. One not so good experience was when I tried to cancel the wakeup call (set up by my company) you get one automated call at say, 7 then another at 7.30. I got the 7am call the first time, so I called to cancel, got another at 7.30, I called back and told them to cancel again, yet they still called me twice the next day!! Ah one other thing, most cabs dont know that its yas 'viceroy', that just confuses most, yas hotel is more well known

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mariam_issa1986,

Thank you for providing such a comprehensive review of your recent three night stay at Yas Viceroy. With over 44,000 different colour combinations, I agree, the hotel is certainly striking when lit up of an evening.
From your review it appears that you were placed in the Marina wing of the hotel during your stay. In order to ensure for a quicker entry and exit, should you have the opportunity to stay with us again, we would be more than happy to locate you in the main building with its close proximity to the hotel entrance. I was disappointed to read that your sleep was interrupted by numerous wake up calls – something that I have addressed with the relevant department to ensure your experience is not repeated.
It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

Dubai
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel for 1 night with my wife and 3 yr old daughter in Oct 2013. The check in was okay and we were ushered in our room by the attendant. The room view was nice, overlooking the grand stand of the F1 track. But the feeling that we got in the room was not that of a 5 star property. The floor had marks on it (they were not patterns), the mini bar had dust (I have posted a photo of the same), the sofa cover was not clean (photo posted). The Italian and the Indian Restaurants had only a handful of space inside (please see my review of the Indian Restaurant, Agnar). Overall, I will never visit it again. If I need to go for the F1, I would rather drive from Dubai.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank malhotra007
Dear malhotra007,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Yas Viceroy. I am, of course, disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations. In order to enable me to fully investigate and rectify the challenges you experienced, I would be grateful if you could please contact me at yas.info@vicerohotelsandresorts.com.