“Impressive design”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel has an impressive design.
We stayed for 3 days and we have booked the marina view room.
The room is overlooking the marina and the the villa where the F1 team stay during the race.
We haven't had time to use the swimming pool but looks nice.
The restaurants in the hotel are quite nice, but quite expensive.
I would happily stay there again on my next trip to Yas Island. The only disappointment is the service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear MMIHaria,

I am always delighted to read that a guest would happily choose to stay at Yas Viceroy again – that is by far the best compliment that we can receive. I am however, disappointed to read that the level of service you experienced was below expectations. I have shared your feedback with the team as fabulous service is something we pride ourselves on and constantly strive to surpass the expectations of our guests.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back

Oliver Bruns

Write a ReviewReviews (3,250)

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed for a quick one-night-er (great rate) & were generally pleased. Some issues; TV inoperable (fixed); AC kept turning on & off (not sure if can be fixed to on position-too complicated!). Otherwise fine. Bed was a tad hard for me though. The place is unusual (odd I suppose!) in its design & fit out & is showing signs of wear & tear (it's all that white everywhere). Did not try food & beverage. Will try it again at the right price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear thebigseats,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay, but disappointed that you faced some challenges with the operation of your room. Both the television and AC issues have been investigated by our Engineering department to ensure that they are not repeated or replicated.
I would be delighted to welcome you back to enjoy the numerous and varied dining options on offer here at Yas Viceroy.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice hotel but the external design damages the view from rooms. We took a marina view but we were a bit disappointed cause it seemed like we were in prison...
The family pool was nice and our 2 yr old enjoyed it a lot.

Breakfast was also good with a wide choice in the buffet

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Nathalie M

Dear Nathalie M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Yas Viceroy. It appears that you were placed in a room under our unique Grid Shell. Whilst this is a striking design feature of the building, I can appreciate your comments. We are currently working to review the classification of our rooms so guests are informed whether their room will in fact be located under the Grid Shell – thus giving the advantage of choice.
Despite the challenges you faced in regards to view, I am glad that our leisure and dining options were to your liking. I would be delighted to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Absolutely wonderful and outscores regional standards. Impressive design and architecture, room was very comfortable good size with all we need, specially AC was very-very quiet yet effective for a goodnight sleep. Staff was professional, Food was delicious and variety of options available. Overall it was pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Padam J,

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Yas Viceroy.
On behalf of all at the hotel, it would be our great pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at Yas Viceroy, abu dhabi, now as a first impression...WOW, the hotel is HUGE, theres a driveway which leads up to the hotel and you can see its lights anywhere on yas island. Check-in was smooth and bags were delivered to my room in no time, I even ordered dinner which came in exactly 30minutes, exactly as the room service stated! (Ordered burger, it was ok...ive had better!) Overall people are extremely friendly and hospitable, but one of the things I found annoying was how my room was located on the other side of the hotel! Its a good 5 min walk! So I end up running to my meetings if im late, I once forgot my key at the gym and had to go back for it (had realised once I reached my room!) And was pretty confused the first day because u have to take 2 elevators and walk down 2 hallways...some people might like it, but to me I just felt it was inconvenient. One not so good experience was when I tried to cancel the wakeup call (set up by my company) you get one automated call at say, 7 then another at 7.30. I got the 7am call the first time, so I called to cancel, got another at 7.30, I called back and told them to cancel again, yet they still called me twice the next day!! Ah one other thing, most cabs dont know that its yas 'viceroy', that just confuses most, yas hotel is more well known

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mariam_issa1986,

Thank you for providing such a comprehensive review of your recent three night stay at Yas Viceroy. With over 44,000 different colour combinations, I agree, the hotel is certainly striking when lit up of an evening.
From your review it appears that you were placed in the Marina wing of the hotel during your stay. In order to ensure for a quicker entry and exit, should you have the opportunity to stay with us again, we would be more than happy to locate you in the main building with its close proximity to the hotel entrance. I was disappointed to read that your sleep was interrupted by numerous wake up calls – something that I have addressed with the relevant department to ensure your experience is not repeated.
It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel for 1 night with my wife and 3 yr old daughter in Oct 2013. The check in was okay and we were ushered in our room by the attendant. The room view was nice, overlooking the grand stand of the F1 track. But the feeling that we got in the room was not that of a 5 star property. The floor had marks on it (they were not patterns), the mini bar had dust (I have posted a photo of the same), the sofa cover was not clean (photo posted). The Italian and the Indian Restaurants had only a handful of space inside (please see my review of the Indian Restaurant, Agnar). Overall, I will never visit it again. If I need to go for the F1, I would rather drive from Dubai.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank malhotra007

Dear malhotra007,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Yas Viceroy. I am, of course, disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations. In order to enable me to fully investigate and rectify the challenges you experienced, I would be grateful if you could please contact me at yas.info@vicerohotelsandresorts.com.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

From the intrance, a certain excitment is perceptible in what has become the favorite establishment of those passionate about car circuits, where you can come across sport teams or staightforwards clients.The hall of the hotel instantly serves as a protective bubble against the noise of the roaring of the engines outside.
In the spacefull rooms, the same feeling of being in a cocoon. The glass walls offer a spectacular view of the racing cars.Extending the circuit, the smooth waters of the Marina remind us that Yas is also home to a yachting resort. What is impressive is the cellular construction of this five stars hotel. Two buildings have been directly built in the center of the formula 1 circuit. The second raised out of the sands to welcome the "Nautilus" a rather futuristic restaurant designed like a submarine.The second building is the beauty center. Outside, a bit net covers the roof. In the passage that links the two constructions, the weel- named "rush bar" has been installed, a bar that literally overhangs a bend, allowing maximum adrenalin without the stress dur to the noise.This hotel is not only a wonderful architecture but it offers a place for convivial living to its occupants of the 499 rooms and suites with its seven restaurants, indian, japanese, italian, arabic , asian and international cuisine. Try the green asparagus flan which has a distinctive flavor and the sweet raviolis served as dessert offer an astonishing sugary note under their little cushions of spicy chocolate, bitter orange and macaron crumble. However, no beach,but Yas beach can be accessed by private shuttles graciously put at your disposition. For more elegance, the Monte Carlo Beach Club Saadiyat can be an option where formulas adapted to the clients of the hotel are proposed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear ladivaAbouDabi,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review of your recent stay at Yas Viceroy. I am glad that you were able to make the most of our numerous leisure and dining options and that the unique design of the hotel met your approval.
I would be delighted to welcome you back, should you have the opportunity to visit us again.