“Fleeting viist”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed August 19, 2013

we decided to visit the Yas Viceroy on our last day just to say we had a drink in the hotel over the F1 track , it was a excellent hotel, we went to the origins bar and the staff were excellent and made the visit enjoyable .

The prices were not as expected for a 5 star hotel , they were actually cheaper than the other lower rated hotels nearby , we also had a bar meal and it superb and again cheaper then surrounding hotels.

The staff tried to get us to book a buffet meal but we were flying out in a few hours and did not want a heavy meal , but when we looked at the selection we wished we had gone earlier in the week , the food looked amazing and the price was cheaper than other hotels

so don't be put off by the 5 star rating visit it , it was brilliant to see it and the staff were very attentive , if the rates had been cheaper i would have stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear drewtim,

I was delighted to read that you found our colleagues, dining options and pricing to be excellent. I hope the next time you are in Abu Dhabi that you are able to join us again.
Remember to look at the Special Offers section of our Yas Viceroy website for our constantly changing accommodation and dining packages.

Oliver Bruns

Write a ReviewReviews (3,369)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were not staying at the hotel but just popped in to show the kids the F1 Track that goes through the hotel.
We walk into reception from the car park lift and was greeted by a member of staff (Isobel), I explained the purpose of our visit and was expecting a “no sorry”.
However we were told it was not a problem and then was given a tour and shown the best places to take photos.
Many Thanks

Dear Mr-B-2207,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I hope you were able to get some great photographs of both the Yas Viceroy and Yas Marina Circuit.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family next time you are in Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in August 2013. It's right over the Yas Marina circuit, so my husband really wanted to stay here. The hotel itself is nice and modern. Very clean and service like any other 5 star hotel in the world. There are free shuttle buses from the hotel to Ferrrari World and the Yas Marina circuit. We stayed here because we went to Ferrari world one day and did the driver experience at the circuit the next.

My only complaint is that the beds were not very comfortable. Usually 5 star hotels have very comfortable beds but I found these too hard and very uncomfortable. My parents also stayed at the hotel and my mum thought the same with them being very uncomfortable and couldn't sleep. My step-dad and husband thought they were ok.

The other thing was that the pool was absolutely freezing. You would expect with the heat being 40 degrees c, it being bearable but it was so cold we heard people complain that their children had gotten sick because of how cold it was.

I would still think the hotel is worth staying.

Dear Vikkia80,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough review of your stay at Yas Viceroy. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to Ferrari World and the Abu Dhabi Yas Marina Circuit.

Whilst I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the design of the hotel and the service offered by our colleagues, I am concerned that you did not find our beds or the temperature of our pools to be to your liking. These are points that I am currently reviewing with the team, especially your note regarding the temperature of the pool.

I am glad to read that you would return to the Yas Viceroy, and I look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Hotel is very nice - quiet and clean. the pool is not that big but it still fine. I like the staffs they are very accomodating...will go back again in the near future and will definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Iris M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Yas Viceroy. I am glad to read that you found our colleagues to be welcoming – I will be sure to pass your comments on.

I note your observation concerning the size of our pool. By providing our guests with the option of two rooftop pools – one for family and one for adult use – we strive to provide the right experience for all our guests.

We look forwarding to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

View of a Grand Prix track, yachts, friendly and helpful staff and a stones throw from Ferrari World. We we there during Ramadan so the usual rules apply though they continue to serve room service. I recommended this holt and half your luck if you can get it during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. It's not everyday you stay in a 500 billion dollar establishment...

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Morgan d,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with both the location of the hotel and the dining options available during Ramadan.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here in October 2011. Room was nice with an excellent view of the GP race track. Interesting decor! We only stayed one night, but found the staff nice and helpful. I would highly recommend eating at Cipriani's, on Yas Island

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear bnohr,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor and I am glad to read that you found our hotel to be welcoming with helpful colleagues.

For future reference, Cipriani's is currently not operating and is expected to re-open later on this year. In the mean time, we will continue to have 7 dining options within the hotel and not less than 20 other restaurants within 10 minutes walking distance.

I hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great for petrol heads. However, this hotel lacks soul and feeling. Okay for one night stay over but for no more than this. Had a meal in the Italian restaurant which was pleasant. I have to say that staff are very pleasant however.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Phillipweale,

Thank you for sharing your brief thoughts on Yas Viceroy. I am glad to read that you felt our colleagues were pleasant and we will focus on injecting some more soul and feeling into the property through outstanding guest interactions in future.