Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
$367
$157
$72
$450
$270
Rosewood Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
$142
$114
Agoda.com
$109
$82
Priceline
$110
3,623 results
All reviewsrace trackferrari worldmarina wingnoodle boxskylite barorigins restaurantrooftop poolsquiet poolfamily poolmain buildingdeluxe suiteice lolliesgrand prixwater worldadult poolremote controlamazing hotel
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Week End Gateway to Viceroy AD.
Very crowded landing but quick out to lobby and efficient staff to allocate the room.
Food smell in the lobby and Lifts. Not a good impression for a 5 Star.
The Room: what a disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!black marks on the floor, hair, paper and plastic on the floor, coffee stain by coffee machine from previous clients. Hand marks on the windows, stain sofas, pics attached so we ask to change.
Back to reception and we were given a second room, same black marks on the floor, A/C not working and best terrace handle broken. See pictures attached....
How come?? five star hotel and such rooms 2 rooms in a raw available for clients to use and nobody checked them?????
Somebody somewhere is not doing his/her job.
3 rd room upgraded to Marina building de luxe room,same size except black marble floor as well as marble shower room but same terrace Dirty with birds mess on the outside furniture. DEFINITELY WRONG.
But the experience did not stop there, we decided to go to the pool on the roof top, crowded dirty place. No sun when we reached, so we Decided to go to the other pool even worst, food smell, dirty floor, noisy dirty sunbeds and a lack of maintenance and care everywhere.
Pics attached.
The best place of the hotel is the beach which does not even belong to the hotel.
Excellent service, cleaning the seaweed all day long, music, limited menu but the staff is so nice and available.
Good breakfast, eventhough crowded the staff was cleaning the table all the time actively, Openeing time untill 11.00!!!!!! GREAT
Rush nice place to have a drink within the hotel.
Would I go back??? even with the summer offer at 500 aed the night I ll think about it

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear S A,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

Of course, I am very concerned with some of your feedback regarding cleanliness and maintenance around the hotel. I will review this in detail with the respective teams and rectify this straight away. I do apologize that you had to witness this.

On another note, I am very happy to read that you found our team to be welcoming and efficient.

I hope that you will visit us again and please do not hesitate to contact me via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I can make your next stay a wonderful experience.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed in the Yas V roy for 1 night with family n friends we had 4 rooms, the stay was excilent & the staff was effecient, the quality of stay woas great. The in room dinning and Food is expensive !
over all an excellent and good value !

Room Tip: Take the Marina View !!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Raja S,

Thank you for your brief thoughts on Yas Viceroy.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your brief visit. I hope that you will be able to stay with us for a longer stay soon.

Hi!
I got special rate from my work to stay at Yas Viceroy, when we went in, reception was like a market place! Too many people who were also very noisy. However, the reception team were very friendly and helpful, and they were trying their best to handle the crowd. We were supposed to check in at 2:00pm, but due to this crowd we went in our room at 3:15pm! This was horrible. There are 2 swimming pools, but since we have a kid, we went to the kids swimming pool which is located on top of the Viceroy second building. It was nice not very kids friendly though, but again residents were very very noisy! The room was nice, calm and clean with electronic curtains and Nespresso coffee machine. I don’t know why we were offered two separate beds in a twin deluxe room but that was OK. The biggest issue was that every time we needed to move out from our room at the second floor we needed to change 2 elevators and walk for long distance between the Hotels’ two buildings, far away from facilities reception and restaurants.
There is a free shuttle bus that collects residents from the hotel, you need to ask the concierge about the pickup timings. The bus go through different stops; Yas Central, Ferrari World then Yas water park where we were heading. The problem was at pick up time from the water park, the bus came 15 minutes late while we were waiting under the burning sun and 40C, good thing it was windy.
If you are not a fan of car racing, don’t even think of staying over in this Hotel, fans get their cars and practice racing till late at night which could be annoying to some people.
Over all, what we really enjoyed was the friendly staff all over the place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Suha H,

Thank you for posting your thoughtful review on TripAdvisor. The weekend of your visit was indeed very busy due to the public holiday and I am sorry that it affected your stay to some extent.

I am of course glad to read that you found our team to be most welcoming and accommodating. I will share this with everyone here at the hotel for their motivation.

I do hope that you will visit us again, maybe on a quieter weekend.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We won radio competition for a night away including dinner and a spa treatment for two at the Yas Viceroy. Should have been a great weekend, however this is a terrible, terrible hotel:

We arrived early and planned an hour in the gym before going up to the pool. The gym is modern with a ladies and gents side, separated by screens which were opened up just after we arrived. There are free weights and approximately 15 CV machines, but I couldn’t help but notice how filthy the machines were – the equipment had been used extensively and sweat dripped, but not subsequently cleaned. The changing room also was strange – a common area with about 30 lockers, but only one changing room with very poor lighting. It was impossible to change in the common area as this opened out to the reception area on one side and the gym on the other; there were no hooks for towels, etc in the only single disabled shower. On leaving the gym, my wife was in the ladies changing area at which time the male instructor walked through. We are western and my wife let the incident pass, but had my wife been a local or herself in a state of undress, this would have been a huge issue for the hotel .

The room was large an spacious, but in keeping with the rest of the hotel it seemed a lot of money had been spent on architecture and design while very little had been spent on the finish of fixtures and fittings. There was paint on the plug sockets, the shower door fit badly so the whole bathroom flooded with water, the balcony door would not open, there was loose wiring connected with electrical tape hanging below the vanity unit and the sink would not drain.

We had requested a non smoking room, but the room allocated had clearly been used by a smoker in the recent past. In-fact, much of the main common area of the hotel smelled of smoke as there is a nightclub accessed from the reception.

The swimming pool is on the roof and is surrounded on all four sides – three sides with funky architectural cladding, one side with the bar, changing rooms, etc. Unfortunately, the sun sets on this side of the building resulting in much of the pool being in shade after 4pm. The pool is pretty soulless, despite there being plenty of people. In-fact, by 4pm, there were people arriving, but no sun beds available for them.

There were too many guests for the the breakfast room to cope with at one time. There was only one toasting machine and there were significant queues at all of the hot food stations. The fresh orange was, however, very good.

The spa treatment in ESPA was very good and the only thing I can recommend.

This hotel could be considered in a great location in so much that it straddles parts of the Yas Marina grand prix circuit. It must be a spectacular venue on race weekend, but who knows what the room rate is during that time. However, this should be considered the only reason to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dubaidickie

Dear Dubaidickie,

I am of course very concerned to read your disappointing review. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had and I would very much appreciate you contacting my via yas.info@vicerohotelsandresorts.com so that we may discuss this further.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for a week at the beginning of June. This hotel is already an iconic worldwide building so my expectations were quite high despite a fantastic deal we got through an agent online.
The building is quite simply stunning.. You can see it for miles at night. Inside its just as stunning and immaculate but the best is yet to come...
The staff at this hotel are by far the best you will ever come across anywhere in the world. Every single member of staff was friendly, helpful, polite and incredibly professional.
We were lucky enough to receive half board which although only includes the Origins restaurant does give you the option of Lunch OR dinner. The food in this restaurant is fantastic and you'd be hard pushed to find anywhere which served such a huge variety of delicious fresh food.
The 2 rooftop pool areas are really nice. The quiet pool was very comfortable with a great team of staff to make things as comfortable as possible serving ice Lolly's, fruit and water.
Taxis to Abu Dhabi are around 60-65dhms which is great value. There is free transport around Yas island to all the attractions, other hotels and the public beach.
There are some negative comments about this hotel that I read prior to coming here..
1. There are cars racing round the track in the afternoons and some evenings. Not as much as I'd hoped!! But when they do its great to hear an Aston Martin V8 roar passed. After all it is built on a racing track. One great treat is every Tuesday night they open the track to walkers, runners or cyclists and hire bikes out. This is a great chance to view the track up close.
2. There are planes which fly overhead but to be honest you don't really notice after a while and it's no different to a lot of other hotels worldwide.
3. The lights in the rooms??? No idea why that was so complicated for people to work out.
I would highly recommend this hotel. It's without doubt one of the best hotels around and great value for money.. Especially if you can get half board!

Room Tip: There is a club at the hotel which I imagine gets noisy at the weekend but we were in the other side of the hotel so didn't hear it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Keisergsd,

Thank you for sharing your rounded review of Yas Viceroy and you have covered most of the aspects of the hotel and Yas Island.

I am delighted to read of your experience and I will share your kind words with the team as this motivates us to excel in guest service.

I hope that we will welcome you back soon.