“Promised but didn't deliver ...”

Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 12, 2013

On the plus side the location is cool and the access to the private beach is great. On the down side the door to the balcony was broken but when you get out there if you are on an upper floor you only get a view of the inside of that structure that looks cool from the outside. Apparently all the balcony doors are broken and there is a multi-million dollar replacement program underway - oops! On top of that the coffee machine in the room didn't work and the shower door in the bathroom leaked causing a small flood in the main bathroom. Oh and did I mention being directly under the flight path? Staff were friendly, helpful and polite but all in all it was a disappointing stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LBVM
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear LBVM,

Thank you for sharing your review of Yas Viceroy on TripAdvisor.

I am obviously very concerned to read your comments and that you did not enjoy your stay with us overall. I would very much appreciate it if you could contact me via yas.info@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com so that I could discuss this further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed on the seventh floor with views of both the marina and the track, looking through the canopy design of the building was quite a unique vista. The staff have been friendly, exceptionally helpful, and genuinely polite.
Food is wonderful, and generous, with added extras such as salad, and dips, that were not even ordered.
We loved our stay, and hope to return one day.

Dear rafty_13,

Thank you for sharing your quick review about Yas Viceroy on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that you will visit us soon again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were going to Monster Trucks and instead of driving back to Dubai, we decided to make a weekend of it by staying at the Yas Viceroy.

As soon as you drive up to the property it screams 'Wow Factor' at you. Even more so if it's night time. From Check In - Check Out the whole process went really smooth with the staff giving excellent Customer Service. One member in particular was a man called Regis. He was so friendly and informative.

We got inter connecting rooms with ours being a suite and our childrens a Deluxe Room. The rooms are extremely spacious and have a very clean contemporary feel. We especially loved the bathroom in the Suite which had a round tub with a seperate rain type shower and also seperate toilet. There was just space galore!

Breakfast was fantastic with a large variety to choose from. The other restaurants in the property seemed to look lovely as well, but we didn't get the time to try them.

The only downside to the property for a family is that it doesn't have a Kids Club which I found interesting since it's a five star property and situated right next to Ferrari World & Yas Water Park.

Overall a great weekend away and we would definitely look at going again in the future. :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Natasha T,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Yas Viceroy via TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I have noted your comment about the kids club and we are in the process to begin a project to add such a facility to the hotel.

I hope that you will have the chance to visit us soon again. Since you are nearby in Dubai, it would be great to see you and the family at our Friday Brunch in Origins.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our daughter surprised us by booking a night stay for the weekend at this gorgeous place in Yas island. The first sight of deluxe room was stunning and clear stand out from all the hotels i have stayed in my life. The Espa was absolutely relaxing and all the staff are very caring and pampering the customers. The massage itself was like my once in a life time experience and i am surely coming back to this facility just to relish it once more with my full family as soon we can all get a break. The whole facility is quite an experience and one night stay isn't the time one should allocate for having total fun in a place like this.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and full of view and light.

Dear richardds,

Thank you for your lovely comments about Yas Viceroy on TripAdvisor. I will certainly share your comments with the team, in particular my colleagues at the ESPA. It is great to read that you felt so well taken care of at the Spa.

I hope to welcome you back soon again to Yas Island.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Here for one amazing night. The room was very modern and well furnished. I had a view of the track, but it was obstructed by the beams that surround the hotel. This didn't bother me at all because there were so many other things to see in and around the property.

I fell in love with the bathroom. I didn't want to leave the shower, but I was told I couldn't say in there forever.

The staff is super friendly and very knowledgeable. The complimentary shuttle service (in a BMW) to the beach was a nice touch.

The club inside the hotel is a very popular spot on the island and was also a good time. I'm a huge fan of the hop on/hop off bus tour and they have a stop right in front of the hotel.

Everything about this short stay was perfect!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Feelinbeachy43,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to read of your experience at the hotel and thank you for posting your wonderful photos.

I hope that you will visit us soon again - maybe for a longer visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The hotel was very busy the weekend we stayed - and it took almost and hour to get our room (now 5.30pm). Luckily we got upgraded to a suite which was great - but if I was paying I probably would have been disappointed. Little things such as the dirty balcony and broken door when we came into the room really stand out when a hotel has such as modern contemporary design.

We were staying for a wedding which luckily went until around 2am - because when we got back to our room the nightclub (RUSH) was really pumping and was quite loud in our room and went until around 3.30am.....

I like our stay - but not somewhere I would recommend you go to for relaxation - better for a loud party weekend.

Room Tip: Marina wing facing the water not the track

Dear Leyla76,

Thank you for sharing your brief review of Yas Viceroy.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding overall, of course it is concerning to read your comments about the balcony door as well as the noise.

I would like to share with you that we will be replacing all of the hotel's balcony doors later this year in order to alleviate this problem. This should also improve the sound insulation to some extent.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at the Yas Viceroy over the May bank holiday weekend and had a great time.

Room:-
Deluxe suite was large, modern, bright, clean with a huge bed and fab bathroom with a large powerful shower and separate bath.
Only negative was that there was not enough hanging space for clothes and there needed to be hooks or somewhere to hang towels in the bathroom - had to either leave them hanging over the bath or on the floor. Also, no plug point near the mirror in the bedroom which was frustrating when you wanted to dry your hair. Hairdryer is poor - not very powerful.

Staff:-
All excellent - friendly, helpful and plentiful

Restaurants/bars:-
Buffet breakfast is good - lots of choice
Amici - the italian restaurant is nice but nothing special particularly
Angar - the indian restaurant was excellent - lovely food.
Skylight - great bar underneath the light canopy - good atmosphere and music.
Rush - didn't go - tried to on the Friday night but they wanted to see our passports and we couldn't be bothered to go back to our room to get them so just went back to the Skylight bar.

Pool:
The family pool was busy and quite loud so we spent our time at the adults only pool which was lovely with good staff at Longitude. However, there aren't that many sun loungers so if the hotel is busy I suspect you may miss out.

Spa: Great - brilliant massage and lovely ambience

Noise:
Planes go overhead reasonably regularly - we didn't mind this at all but if you don't like any noise then this is not the hotel for you.
Circuit: the circuit was only being used for one of the nights we were there and so it was quite loud that evening but again it didn't bother us and we enjoyed watching the cars race around for a bit.
We didn't hear any noise from the bars from our room.

Overall, this is a good hotel - the staff are great, the food is good, the pools are lovely. Put a plug point near a mirror, some hooks in the bathroom, a better hairdryer and some more sun loungers out on the roof deck and it would be fabulous.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear SheffJK,

Thank you for your detailed review of all the areas at Yas Viceroy.

You mentioned some very detailed comments and we will review internally. In particular, your comment about additional hooks in the bathrooms as well as regarding a plug close to the sink will be reviewed with our technical team.

You will be pleased to hear that we will be purchasing a large number of additional sun loungers in the coming two months and those will be allow us to cope with even large numbers of guests around pool.

Overall, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.