“Great Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night and it was amazing. The hotel location is next to the formula one track and near to the Ferrari World & Water World parks. The rooms are very lux and have a nice view of the marina.

• Stayed April 2013
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear dxb67,

Thank you for your brief review of Yas Viceroy. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon again.

Oliver Bruns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
FATEHABAD,HARYANA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was my first chance to have a hospitality of a lodge in a so called 5 star VICEROY.The hotel is good at architecture but low at roomservice and housekeeping.We booked a deluxe suite for 4 adults.Besides the interior of room is very good but they provide us only one double bed.When a room is booked for 4,how they can provide just 2 beds.We supposed that they will provide two extra beddings.We talked to house keeping they answered like a road side lodge,that the all extra beds are booked and they dont have any morextra beds. They told we are in a waiting queue for extra beds ,so discusting.After all this we talked to the reception and asked for a check out ,we dont want to stay there a minute more.After all this drama they provide us two rooms .Now come to the next ROOM SERVICE.To serve a ice bucket and juice they took 45 minutes. After 3 calls they serve our order.Angar the Indian cuisine restaurent inside VIceroy is a gud one and very tasty food. The skyline terrace bar is also good.The F-1 track can be viewed from the balcony of every room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Rajan G,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry to read that our service let you down during your stay, in particular with regards to the occupancy of four persons in the Deluxe Suite. It is indeed correct that the Deluxe Suite only accommodates one king-size bed and we have since corrected our on-line systems in order to avoid any reservation in excess of 2 adults and 1 child for the Deluxe Suite.

I had hoped that the solution of two rooms instead had helped and I am sorry that your overall experience was poor. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can ensure we make up for this on your next stay.

I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy again.

Bribie Island, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in September 2012 and were impressed with the accommodation which was spacious, comfortable and ultramodern. Service was impeccable, Staff were efficient and friendly. The hotel is situated on the formula one race circuit and it was amazing to see the race track running directly under the hotel! We used the hotel car to return to the airport and received excellent service.

We only had one night on a stopover and wished we could have stayed longer. While the price is high end, costs were actually equal to a quality Australian hotel, however I honestly felt the service was better than any I have experienced anywhere else. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would imagine rooms overlooking the race track would be noisy during the season, otherwise I would...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear faye766,

Thank you for your review on Yas Viceroy. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our ultramodern design.

I would also like to thank you for recognizing our colleagues' efforts and I will certainly pass on your kind remarks as a motivation for the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon - hopefully for a longer stay.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wedding night was spent at the Yas Viceroy and it was spectacular! We felt like royalty when we came back to the hotel with rose petals scattered about our room to welcome us after our Wedding Reception. There was even a chocolate mousse cake with the words "Congrats" waiting to be devoured. The view of both F1 track and the marina view with our own wrap-around balcony was simply amazing. I didn't want to check-out of the room, I could have stayed there forever!

Room Tip: I loved the Marina view! I had both a view of the F1 track and the Marina! Perfect!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bythecoast,

Congratulations on your marriage! Everyone from Yas Viceroy wishes you and your husband all the best.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

From the outside the Yas Viceroy is very futuristic. Looks like something from a Bond movie. The inside however has clean contemporary lines which adds to the feeling of spaciousness. The rooms are a good size, ours even had a small balcony. The bathroom walls are all in frosted glass which gives the room a light airy feel. Well placed contemporary seating and a room length console for the TV, Internet connections and vanity unit leaves the room uncluttered. we visited with family so only used the family swimming pool. However I like the fact that there is a child free pool for those who need it. The staff were friendly and eager to please. I only stayed one night so didnt have the opportunity to use the restaurants. despite other reviews, I found the Yas Viceroy well placed in a good location, close to Ferrari world and Yas Waterpark and the Yas Island facilities. However, If you are staying longer than a couple of days or want to visit Abu Dhabi City, then Yas Island is probably not the best location. There is a Waitrose supermarket at Al Raha which is just a 10minute drive from the hotel. Take a left turn as you exit from the hotel,go through the tunnel and it is on the left side in what lookalike locks of flats. Next door to the supermarket is a cafe which does a full breakfast for about 55dhs if the hotel prices are beyond your budget, All in all a great hotel. I can't wait for my next visit, when I intend to try out the culinary delights too.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building on the 2nd floor. We had no noise and had a small balcony. Perfect f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
YasViceroy, Hotel Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear cariaddxb,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is wonderful when someone interprets the incredible architecture of this hotel and thank you for sharing your detailed thoughts on our rooms.

I hope that we will have the chance to see you again at Yas Viceroy and at that time it would be great if you could try out a few more of our culinary offerings - I am sure you will be delighted.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

On arriving at the Yas Viceroy, I was impressed by the architecture. I was also impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the modern design of the hotel. The property was well appointed and while there was nothing close to the area, the hotel had at least 6 restaurants, a night club and also Ferrari World was not too far. The hotel had everything we needed and getting a cab was not at all a problem. The rooms were absolutely stunning and incredibly modern. There was also a welcome bowl of fruits waiting. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and the room was a great size always kept clean. This is not an ideal room to share with friends as the modern design of the bathrooms are not best for privacy. The noise from the track also can be a lot for early sleepers but for young people who tend to go to bed late, it shouldn't be a problem. Overall the hotel was magnificent and was perfect for me and my friends on a birthday trip to the UAE.

Room Tip: The lower rooms are best for views as the hotel design obstructs the views for at the higher floors...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Leighton P,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and I am sorry if the racing was felt somewhat disturbing - of course we are located on top of the race track in the end, so it can get noisy.

I enjoyed reading your comments about the amazing architecture of the hotel and I truly believe it is one-of-a-kind.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night after driving from Dubai and I certainly wasn't dissapointed....From the moment I arrival, a valet kindly parked my car and my bags were taken for checkin. The lady at reception was very friendly and once she knew I was a formula 1 fan, I was offered a room overlooking the apex of the circuit corner which cuts under the hotel. The rooms are fantastic, very spacious and contemporary with widescreen tv's, a seating area and comfty king sized beds. The bathrooms are clean but not over luxurious, with a great power shower. The only slight dissapointment was the cleanliness of the balcony barrier and the over complicated balcony doors, but the view more than made up for it. I highly recommend asking for a room overlooking the marina on the front side of the hotel.

After being allowed to checkin early I went to explore the hotel grounds and private beach. Without hesistation the hotel concierge called one of the hotels BMW 7 series cars to take me there. The beach is very nice (but has a very artificial feel), if you're looking for sunbathing or a cocktail in the sun this is definitely for you! It's located about a 3minute drive from the hotel but easily walkable in 15minutes. The hotel grounds are very well maintain and offer some great views of the race circuit. TOP TIP: the race circuit is open on Tuesday's for guest to jog or cycle around!! The outdoor pool at the top of the hotel is nice but isn't really big enough to do any proper swimming, and the gym is well equipped.

After exploring the grounds I came back to the hotel room and couldn't believe my room had been cleaned again, with fresh towels and toiletries.

In terms of Yas Island itself, the only things to do are Ferrari World, Water Park (the hotel runs a shuttle to both of these) and the hotels facilities...the city centre is approximately a 30minutes drive away (to the corniche) and the Sheikh Zayed Mosque is about 15minutes away.

Overall the Yas Viceroy is very much a 5 star hotel with excellent service and attractions, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is willing to stay slightly outside of the city centre

PS the breakfast is amazing and well worth 70AED

Room Tip: Room near the marina on the front side of the hotel overlooking the race circuit. For non F1 fan...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Matthew L,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor and it is great to read that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. You certainly were able to visit many areas of the hotel and Yas Island during your short visit and this is what Yas Island is all about.

The tip of the Tuesday track nights is excellent to share and there are always hundreds of guests and expat resident out there every night - even in the hot summer months!

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon to Yas Viceroy.