“A Catalogue of disasters the worst experience and most expensive ever”

Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“A Catalogue of disasters the worst experience and most expensive ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

As a family we spent 2 months while relocating in this hotel and from day 1 it was a most dreadful experience,for which we have never received an acknowledment after cataloguing the problems and sending our findings to the Rotana Chief Executive. We arrived at 8PM in August to find out room wasn't ready, I booked a non smoking appartment {there are none}, we were offered tea while waiting for which we were charged for on leaving. We stayed in a different part of the hotel for 1 night, my son lost his favourite blanket , I knew it had not been transfered to the new roon and reminded them so, i eventually went to another Rotana hotel for them to investigate on my behalf and we received the blanket 6 weeks later. We were unable to take a bath for 7 weeks, had 12 visits from maintenance to fix a plug and usually 4 men would turn up look at the problem and walk away. We could not use the kitchen sink as it had not been sealed to the unit and it leaked. It took 2 weeks and numerous visits to fix. The safety deposit box alarm went off at random. Maintenance worked outside our apartment most days, drilling, hammering and painting from a routine 8.30 till 5pm. I had to leave the room to get peace. We made continuous complaints and managment once contacted me to say he has personally stopped all work in our vicinity, at which point I opened our door and allowed him to hear the work he had so ineffectually stopped. I booked a limousine to take my son to football practice 15 mins away at a very well known venue, I was telephoned on numerous occassions to attend reception immediately to sign for the limousine and confirm my booking. it was irritaiting and relentlous. The driver got lost and 1 and half hours later we arrived, too late to play the match. We were charged for the pleasure. Our fridge stopped working and the milk went sour so I explained and asked reception for milk for my sons cereal and along it came with a bill for 25 dirhams for which i refused to sign. Reception staff are treated with such disdain that I personally had to complain about a Scottish manager who vehemently screams at staff with such a shrill it dosnt make enjoyable viewing Managment were aware at every step and did nothing to compensate our dreadful expereince, other than offer us a change of rooms next door to the cleaning department where there was persistant noisy activity and a meal. Staff are ineffective in sorting issues but will offer an continuous 'I'M SORRY MA'AM, as a matter of course. They consider it acceptable to put a 2500 dirham charge on your credit card without notification regardless if you spend in the hotel or not. There was an offensice securty check at the hotel entrance for 2 weeks or so. My husband was contunously frisked, and an air of high alert in the hotel which was very intimidating. We found that if you park you car in the basement all the doors leading to the hotel are open with no security which explains much of our stay really. It's all show regretably. As a worldwide traveller it has been the worst expereince ever, my husband paid a hard earned 1000 stg per week for 8 weeks and we received no compensation. A hotel with NO REST NO PEACE AND YOU'LL DO IT 'THEIR' WAY. Best staff were NOEL[HOUSE KEEPER], wonderful PHILLIPINO Staff at the pool and GEORGE In the restaurant. It's one of those hotels or business's where management don't gel or get on and it leaks all the way to the customer in poor, expensive, deplorable service for which we have no redress.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
14 Thank Joyfullfamily
ParkArjaanAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

First of all, let me thank you for sharing your past experience in Park Arjaan, Abu Dhabi through this online review here on Trip Advisor.

I highly appreciate your thorough and detailed feedback and would like to apologize for the series of difficulties that you have encountered during your stay. I assure you that all your concerns have been extensively discussed with my team and corrective measures will be taken to further improve our facilities and services.

With regard to the heightened security which took place in the hotel last October 2010, kindly be advised that the Arena Conference was happening within the city at that time which obliged all hotels in Abu Dhabi to implement security checks as instructed by the local authorities. It is an inevitable directive with which we have no control over with and had to fully comply to. We would therefore like to seek your understanding in this regard and nevertheless, apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you once more for your valuable comments which aid us to continuously carry out efforts to fine-tune our services to our guests’ satisfaction and hope that you would again consider the Park Arjaan as a choice for your future stays in order for us to show you the true hospitality that we offer to our guests and that we are indeed able to recuperate from our shortcomings.

Sincerely yours,

Sascha Bartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

The staff at the Park Arjaan were quite attentive and professional. And the room itself was quite comfortable. Unfortunately, the hotel has a pub that caters to drunk euros and outdoor area of the pub created such noise that it literally sounded like a riot was going on outside my room. The courtyard area, surrounded by buildings, amplifies the noise, making it impossible to get any quiet or rest. The noise goes on until 2am. When I asked to change rooms to an area away from the pub side of the building, the management was less than accommodating. Both times I've stayed at this hotel, there have been small flies in the bathrooms. The location isn't that great, either--not really near anything. The restaurants are so-so.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor away from pub
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MENATraveler
ParkArjaanAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Greetings from the Park Arjaan Abu Dhabi!

First of all, I would like to express my utmost thanks for sharing your recent experience in Park Arjaan through this review.

I regret to hear that we were unable to fully meet your expectations during your stay with us, for which we have no other excuse but apologize. Nevertheless, I have shared your comments to my team and rest assured that we will take proper actions to further improve our facilities and services.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing the Park Arjaan for your stay in Abu Dhabi. We look forward to your return in the very near future and make it up to you.

In the meantime best regards,

Damascus, Syria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2010

I stayed there during December and for sure I will visit again,
I loved the staff and the food, very friendly atmosphere!
All the best of success

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
ParkArjaanAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, January 9, 2011

Greetings from Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi!

Let me firstly thank you for your online review posted here on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our property and hope to see you back with us soon.

Milton Keynes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

Stayed at this hotel on and off for around 3 months. Good service, bar is good. Room service food and quality excellent.
Broadband internet not the cheapest in the time I stayed it started off at 250 dirhams on my first visit and had increased to 400 dirhams for the week.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
ParkArjaanAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, December 29, 2010

Greetings from Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi!

Thank you very much for posting your review of our property here in Trip Advisor.

We are happy to receive your positive and constructive feedback about our property and rest assured that your comments have been passed on with all related departments.

Thank you once more and looking forward to hosting you again in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

We stayed at the Arjaan side of the hotel which houses the self catering apartments. We didn't use the faciliies as we should have as we were attending the Grand Prix and didn't have time to scout out a supermarket nearby. The hotel was clean, the staff really friendly, and the restaurants were top drawer. Loved all the Ferrari's out on the forcourt. The hotel ran a comp shuttle to Zayed Sports city where we picked up another free shuttle to the race. The hotel is very close to Sheikh Zayed Mosque which is a must see. Overall I went with no expectations and was completely blown away by the elegance, the standard of facilities and the service. Highly reccommend this place but it is about as far out as you want to get if you plan to explore the rest of Abu Dhabi (the malls, the cornishe, the markets ect.)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Park Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi!

First of all, let me thank you for sharing your positive experience on your recent stay in our property here in Trip Advisor.

We are very delighted to hear about your flattering remarks which also have been shared with our team.

Thank you for giving us your highest recommendation and we look forward to having you back with us again in the not-too-distant future.

Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

I lived in this hotel for three months and I will probably live for another 1-2 years ... although I had the opportunity to live downtown, I would not change it for anything ...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

I stayed at the Park Arjaan for 3 weeks, and it was an excellent place to stay for such a long period. For my first 12 days, I was in one of their studio apartments, and I moved into a 1-bedroom apartment for the rest of my stay once one became available. The beds were very comfortable in both rooms, with high-quality linens. Both types of apartments provided the necessary amenities for longer stays - washing machine and kitchen facilities, although the one-bedroom apartment was definitely worth the extra money as it was much more spacious! The hotel is modern with tasteful decorating, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. They always greeted me by name, and even surprised me with a cake in my room as my birthday happened to fall during my stay. On the downside, there is a lot of construction taking place on Al Salaam Street, which means that the journey to / from the hotel can be a bit complicated, but it isn't a problem once you work out the most efficient route. Overall, it was a great place to stay and I would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business