“Not good”

La Mamma
Ranked #203 of 2,108 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Immerse yourself in culinary delights at our renowned Italian restaurant. Serving your favourite Mediterranean dishes, La Mamma offers a wide selection of Italian flavours served in a trattoria-style setting. Unlimited pasta & pizza with a glass of beer or wine: AED95+++. Unlimited choices of cured meats, olives, fresh salads and vegetables, cold pastas, various cheeses & seafood specialties: AED65+++. Kids decorate their own pizza: AED38+++. Add dessert decoration: AED 55+++.
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I agree with the most recent reviews, used to be our favourite restaurant but standards have really dropped which is a shame. Sorry to say food was awful, what has happened ?.

Martin_Cramer, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Maureen,

Thank you for posting a review of “La Mamma” our Italian Restaurant on tripadvisor.

I was of course very surprised and disappointed to read your comments and would appreciate if you could get in touch with me directly (yves.tarabout@sheraton.com) in order to receive more details on your recent experience with us.

La Mamma is a very good restaurant which normally receives high praises from our patrons and I am sorry that your experience was well different from what it should have been.

After a long period without Italian Chef, our new Chef “Enrico” arrived a few days ago and is fully motivated to make his marks in this Abu Dhabi’s favorite venue.

Please do contact me to discuss this further and allow me to interest you in giving “La Mamma” another chance and prove you that it is still one of Abu Dhabi’s best Italian restaurant.

Thank you for your time and warm regards

There are newer reviews for La Mamma

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had a meal after a long flight. Very nice cocktails and beautiful hors d'œuvre buffet. Had amazing prawns and a pizza that was out of this world! Will go back without any problems. Great friendly service too.

Martin_Cramer, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Keith,

Thank you for your kind review of “La Mamma” our Italian restaurant.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience with us both with the food and the service quality.

I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you during a future visit.

Warm regards

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had a Bad experience, Bit disappointment to say i got a prosecco in a chipped glass and the food was terrible.Sad to see a good restaurant dropping the stranded.

Martin_Cramer, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on your recent experience in “La Mamma” our Italian Restaurant.

I was of course well disappointed and surprised that you did not enjoy your meal as “La Mamma” normally boast a very good reputation and most comments as you may see from Tripadvisor itself are very positive.

I am sorry that we did not manage to meet your expectations and would certainly appreciate if you could get in touch with me directly (yves.tarabout@sheraton.com) to discuss the details of your experience with me to understand what may have happened and avoid anyone else from experiencing the same.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to prove you that “La Mamma” is still one of Abu Dhabi’s favorite when it comes to Italian food by joining us for another meal.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have eaten in this restaurant many times and always had a good evening. I was in Abu Dhabi on holiday recently with my mum and my sister. We had been looking forward to our meal here, but were so very disappointed. Mum and I had a pizza, which was dry and tasteless. My sister had gnocchi, which she quite enjoyed. We ordered a glass of rose and 2 mojitos. They didn't have any rose and the mojitos were not great. The other problem was there was absolutely no atmosphere in the restaurant at all. Will not be keen yo go there again.

Martin_Cramer, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Jo W,

Thank you for sharing the comments on your recent experience in our Italian restaurant.

I was surprised and well disappointed that you did not enjoy your meal as much as you did on previous occasions.

You may rest assured that your comments have been well noted and that I will discuss them personally with our team to ensure that such issues do not re-occur.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I do hope that you will give “La Mamma” another chance as we normally boast very positive comments from our customers, especially for the quality of our Pizza’s.

Warm regards

Reviewed July 28, 2013

we love to go back la mama restaurant. delicious pizza. first time we realize the exact taste of pizza & that's was the best pizza ever we ever had. friendly service staff specially MR Raju Bista, reasonable price clean and comfortable ambiance.

Martin_Cramer, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Toufil,

Thank you for posting a review of our Italian Restaurant “La Mamma” on tripadvisor.

I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your meal with us.

The pizza is indeed one of our best sellers and without making any judgment calls the best I personally had in Abu Dhabi.

The kitchen team take great care in the preparation of the dishes and uses only the best and freshest products to ensure best possible quality on the finished dishes.

We are looking forward to receiving you again in the future to try another of “La Mamma’s” specialties or maybe give us your feedback on one of the many other restaurants the hotel features.

Warm regards,