“Disappearing Waiters/Waitresses”

Flavours International Restaurant
Ranked #296 of 2,062 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Let us take you for a culinary journey around the world. Stroll around the buffet featuring live cooking stations; indulge in the aromas of sizzling meats, fresh seafood, and delicious desserts.
Manchester UK
“Disappearing Waiters/Waitresses”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

On all of my visits to Abu Dhabi I have done Friday Brunch at Flavours in the Sheraton. Until my last visit in January I thought the place was amazing and just assumed that that particular day was an ''off day'' for them however, I visited last weekend and had the same bad experience, The buffet lunch is a set fee and includes ''unlimited'' sparkling wine and cocktails. The food is amazing but as in January around 2.15 all the waiting staff disappeared somewhere and trying to get your empty plate taken away or your glass filled up took ages. I have this suspicion that they do this on purpose to limit the amount of alcohol they serve - why else? As I like the place so much apart from this I shall give them one last chance but if this happens again I shall avoid the place and advise other accordingly!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank David in Manchester

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Fabulous Brunch. Impressive kids' buffet.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My family went to Friday brunch at Flavours to celebrate Mother's Day and were very happy. There were so many delicious stations - appetizers and cold mezze, Mexican, fresh order stir fry, Indian food, roast (turkey and tenderloin), pork, sushi and ceviche...the list goes on and on. Unlimited bubbly, five or six types of martinis, and beer. Any an extensive delicious dessert buffet, with three kinds of crème brûlée, crepe station, and chocolate table. Mmmm...but the biggest surprise was the delightful kids' buffet with chicken nuggets, mini burgers, french fries, spaghetti, cut vegetables, kid-friendy sandwiches, and several desserts. Thank you Sheraton Flavours for a memorable Mother's Day brunch.

• Visited May 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Not a Sheraton Standard”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The restaurant is at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi, and though I stayed at the hotel before and loved it but I did not get the chance to try their Friday brunch.
Yesterday I was invited there and though the host wanted to do it some other hotels and there are a lot of nice ones in Abu Dhabi but this was the only available one and now I know why…
We reached there 5 minutes before our booking but the table booked for us was gone and after few minutes we were offered a very Sh…. Table which we refused to take so we had to wait again for some time for new arrangement.
The waiters hardly spoke English and you needed a translator when they spoke to you ( and of course he did not speak the local language!!)
The food was below average and you can feel that some dishes had been there from the day before even and not that big of variety comparing to other hotels in the same area with the same average of price and I would not give the food more than 4 out of 10
Finally when we are paying and asked them to stamp the valet parking receipt like every other hotel the reply was literally: we are offering so much complementary like water and coffee and juice so we can not offer a complementary parking!!!!! and we are talking about 3 Dollars in here waoooo.
And before I forget, I wish they can find a better singing band for a friday brunch to replace this very noisy group
Though I like Sheraton and its products but this was not a five stars Sheraton standard.

• Visited April 2013
Abu Dhabi
“A Popular Friday Brunch”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Once every six to eight weeks I seem to end up at Flavours for the Friday Brunch. Overall the selection of food is extensive compared to other similar offers around town and the bubbly flows with constant top ups from the excellent staff.
The seafood selection is comprehensive: smoked salmon to roll mops, sushi to giant prawns. Live cooking stations supplement the array of main dishes, so one can partake of simple roasts right the way through to a taste of India or an all day breakfast.
Go hungry, since this is an as many times as you like affair, over a period of about three and a half hours. Many deserts, although they do all seem to be of a sweet and similar nature which seems to be a local trait. Where is the apple or blackberry and apple pie? Despite this however, I always enjoy this place, especially since there is a good atmosphere with live music. The people watching is good too!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Tony F
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“A Different themed buffet option every night.”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

From my favourite, the Indian night on Tuesdays onwards, you get excellent service, a huge variety, fresh cooking stations and generally a fine dinner! Watch out, it closes on Saturday evenings

Visited July 2012