“Excellent value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi

Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
Ranked #25 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel is in a great location and has the lot--big bedrooms with quality bathrooms,beach with sunbeds,huge breakfast choice and really good upgrades to Club rooms which entitle you to drinks/canapes each evening. If you fancy eating out the Souk is next door with a good choice of restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ricbro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great Location. Good service. Loved the decor of the place. Due to the location of the Souk next door we actually didn't bother stepping out and into the city for the two nights we were there.

The offer for the free upgrade for Golden Circle members was brilliant which gave us better rooms and access to the Traders Lounge which had free snacks and drinks between 6 - 8. It did get quite crowded.

My friends had a bit of an issue with the food on offer but that definitely does not change our review of the fun we had on the trip!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank BohoScribe
ArbindKS, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear asma_merchant, thank you for choosing to stay with Traders Hotel on your recent visit to Abu Dhabi. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time exploring the complex and thank you for your kind compliments on the hotel's services and facilities. On the other hand, I highly appreciate your feedback in regards to the food offerings at Traders Club Lounge. Constructive feedback, such as yours, will assist us to improve the guest experience. We trust that you will come back soon and the entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back then. Best regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

We've stayed at Traders Abu Dhabi the last couple of times we have visited Abu Dhabi and will book there again for our next trip.

The location is one of my favourite things about the hotel. It has its own private beach with great views of the Grand Mosque at sunset. It is about 15-20 mins drive to downtown Abu Dhabi, Yas Island and the airport. The hotel is right next door to the actual Shangri-La hotel meaning that its 5 star facilities, beach and restaurants are readily available. The Qaryat Al Beri souq is also next door and has plenty of shops and restaurants.

Other pros - the rooms are clean and well furnished and the bar is cheap! The staff were also kind enough to bring me a birthday cake!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chrischan253
ArbindKS, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your trust to stay with us for the second time around and for taking the time to post your review and observations through Trip Advisor, chrischan253. I am extremely pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and it is indeed my pleasure to share your positive feedback to the entire team for making your birthday a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best Regards,
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My son stayed here a few weeks ago on a school sports trip, and ended up leaving several items, including some money, in the hotel room. The hotel, when contacted, were willing to arrange to courier the items to me in Oman, but the courier company wouldn't handle cash. So the hotel were extremely thoughtful and offered to have a manager bring the items with him when he came on a visit to Oman the following weekend, where I was able to collect them personally. Incredible service, so grateful - thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and taking the time to post your feedback through Trip Advisor, RosieKMuscat. Thank you for your kind compliments on the hotel's services and colleagues, especially for the high standard of customer services they have extended. On the same note, I am happy to learn that you received back personally all of the items which were left behind. As such, your experience will definitely help and encourage us to continuously work on how we can exceed your expectations in the future. We hope to welcome you and your family on your next visit to Abu Dhabi. Best Regards,
Staines, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I chose to stay at this hotel based on its location, facilities, price and of course reviews. Having stayed for 3 nights I came away with mixed feelings. The staff were helpful and informative, the gardens were pleasant to stroll through by the water and the room was well equipped. There was a shuttle bus service to the city, Yas island and the new mosque but it was not very frequent. I booked a superior room which was supposed to have a terrace or balcony but was upgraded to a deluxe room which was huge but it was very dark and gloomy with one small window which overlooked the office block next door ( no terrace or balcony). The lighting in the room was very poor and it was difficult to see anything particularly by the wardrobe. The bed was lumpy and hard. The swimming pool is disappointing, poorly located and unappealing although the lifeguard was helpful in providing towels and cold water. A pool in the garden would have been much better. Breakfast was adequate, on the first morning I sat outside but there were so many flies I had to retreat indoors, the service was haphazard at times although when my Thai chicken stir fry arrived minus the cashew nuts this was quickly resolved.
If I was visiting Abu Dhabi again I would probably choose to pay a bit more to stay somewhere nearer the city centre. The hotel is good value for money but don't think it is a beach hotel, in reality it is canal front.

Room Tip: Paying more for a room which offers a view would be worthwhile.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Penton
ArbindKS, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and efforts to share your staying experience through Trip Advisor, Penton. We sincerely appreciate your kind compliments on the hotel's room facilities and colleagues especially for their helpfulness. On the other hand, I regret to learn that your expectations were not met in a few occasions. We are indeed disappointed concerned about the issues that you have raised. Rest assured that your feedback will be shared with all relevant departments as it will assist us to identify the areas of improvement. In the interim, we hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Best regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We've just checked out today and thought we should say share our experience with Traders Qaryat. Service level of this hotel is excellent as how every hotel should be! I booked the hotel to celebrate birthday of my friend. They even sent a bday cake and a bunch of red roses and room service staff singing Happy Birthday! special mention to room service staff, Belinda. Staff were very friendly. Anything we request toiletries , etc are sent to our room in a jiffy! We were also checked in relatively fast and when we didnt the like first room and requested for transfer again we were transferred immediately. We stayed in a premier room facing the swimming pool. Room were spacious, around 52sqm. Decor wise, it could be improved. Also I wish the hotel has sauna, steam and jacuzzi within the hotel's health club. Excellent choice of breakfast buffet too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel this March 2014 to celebrate a milestone birthday (I just hate saying the number LOL). I booked my stay using expedia's website months in advance and based my selection on there description which stated that a breakfast buffet was included as well as room balconies.
However, when I checked in I was told by April at reception that getting a balcony room was a gamble and her supervisor informed me that the breakfast buffet was NOT included even though I had it writing on my Expedia itinerary. So instead of immediately celebrating my birthday I got on the phone with Expedia and shangri - la via facebook to air my grievences.
My contact with expedia did not help to resolve anything and they only succeeded in telling me that the resolution that they reached with the hotel was that I would be allowed an early check out. However, my message to shangri-la via facebbok recieved an immediate response and I was assured that I would hear back from management that day.
In fact, that evening upon returning to my room I recieved a letter under my door informing me that a manager would be meeting with me by the next day and my free breakfast buffet would be honored throughout my stay there. The next day I received a verbal apology from Nawal, the front desk manager, and I also met with her supervisor as well. He, the hotel manager, was very apologetic and admitted that this was not the first time the hotel had this issue and offered to upgrade my room to the traders lounge for the rest of my stay.
I was extremely shocked at the apology and personal attention to my grievence which made me feel as a customer my issue was respected and heard by upper management. I must say that Traders went beyond my expectations in responding to my grievance because I also was treated to fresh roses and a birthday cake in my new room! I honestly never expected such an upgrade and definitely never expected to be accomodated so grandly. I proceeded to have the best hotel experience ever because having access to the Traders lounge was also a treat in itself!
Nothing in life that we experience can ever be guaranteed to be perfect but the response I recieved from Shangri-la / Traders hotel assured me that perfection in customer service is something that they as a company truly strive for. I also would like to say that every staff member that I encountered troughout my stay truly went out of there way to be accomodating especially the restaurant (Afya) staff. I would name specific names but one staff member made it very clear to my friend and I that everyone works together to accomplish customer satisfaction so no one person should be singled out :-)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Celeste B
Dear Celeste B, thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your birthday. I am pleased to hear that the issues experienced at the beginning of your stay, they were promptly resolved. Thank you for kind compliments on the hotel's facilities, services and colleagues. As such, your experience as our valuable guest will definitely help and encourage us to continuously work on how we can exceed the guests' expectations in the future. It was a pleasure having you with us and we are happy to know that you had a wonderful and memorable birthday. I look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home" in the near future. Best Regards,