“Perfect hotel”

Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
Ranked #34 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Rooms are very clean. Big bathroom with shower and bathtub.
The gym is rather small but sufficient. Showers and changing room are enclosed.
The beachside is also small and is located in a creek and not the open sea but the water is clean and you can enjoy your stay there with complimentairy umbrella, sunbed and even small bottles of water in a cooling box. The statt distributes ice cold towels from time to time.
The hotel provides a free of charge shuttle bus that takes you to some important places throughout the city (Mosque, Ferrari Wold, Abu Dhabi Mall, Marina Mall, etc. )
Breakfast is very good. With egg-station, waffel-station, fresh fruit, salat,...
Almost every day there is a different dinner special served by the beach.
Most important of all to me to mention is the friendliness of the staff of traders hotel. Everybody (!) was very helpful and dedicated to fulfill every single one of your requests.

Room Tip: Water cooker with tea and instant coffee is available. Rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
ArbindKS, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear dheele, thank you very much for staying with us for and taking the time to post your review and observations through Trip Advisor. I am extremely pleased to learn that you had a perfect stay with us and It is indeed my pleasure to share your positive feedback to the entire team for the high standard of customer services they have extended during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,661)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

very nice hotel, very clean and comfortable.

I stayed with my son here November 2013 and we had a great time, employees was same at 1st time in March 2013.

Next year when i visit Abu Dabi i will keep the same hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear 50mariod, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Traders Hotel again. It is always a great pleasure to have you and your son back and thank you for your kind compliments on our services facilities and colleagues. I will ensure that your compliments will be conveyed to our entire team. We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Abu Dhabi next year. Best regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here for the second time this year. A really nice place to spend a short, relaxing break.

The hotel facilities are really nice, large rooms, small but lovely beach and pool terrace.

Book Club rooms to get the use of the excellent club lounge facilities for breakfast and drinks and food in the evening.

Staff were really friendly and accommodating, with special mention to Joseph for the nice touches left in our room.

Plenty to do in and around the hotel, taxis are very cheap. We went on a desert safari which was brilliant and a good value day out.

No hesitation in recommending Traders Abu Dhabi as it is a luxury hotel, which offers a relaxed stay, with a personal feel sometimes missing at the higher cost chains.

Room Tip: Book a club room for the lounge access
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
ArbindKS, General Manager at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us again and taking the time to post this review, FraserC888. We are truly pleased to learn that you had a great relaxing short break at Traders Hotel, Abu Dhabi. Your feedback is sincerely appreciated and I have shared your comments and as well as my thanks to the relevant departments. It was also a pleasure to pass on your compliments personally to Joseph who have made your stay a memorable one.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards

Reviewed November 6, 2013

unfortunatetly the quality of the room was not as good as previous visits.

The nosie from outside at night woke me up on several occasions, this happened every night of my stay.

The sliding door to the balcony would not lock correctly (i.e. it was broken)

I had no view as advertised on your website. My view was blocked by a tree and on the roof outside my room was covered in cigarette ends (disgusting).

I ordered eggs for breakfast one morning and did not get them, another time I did not even get offered egss one morning.

Staff member did not get back to me relating to a query I had (poor service)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Keithmcminigle, thank you very much for staying with us again and taking the time to post your review and observations through Trip Advisor. We were greatly distressed to learn about the series of issues you experienced during your recent stay with us. We are indeed disappointed hope that you accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you. Constructive feedback, such as yours, will assist us to identify the areas of improvement. To be able to investigate the issues further, please drop me an email at arbindk.shrestha@shangri-la.com with more details. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you. Best regards

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Fantastic hotel and great value for money. No complaints at all would stay again and again. Staff could not be more helpful and friendly. Room was excellent size and was clean and well equipped. 5 star for price of 4.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Private beach, not big but very cosy and clean.
'Healthy start' breakfast is really nice! Pool lounge zone serves pleasant evening shisha.
Stuff is quite and very attentive. Highly reccomended hotel to stay!

Room Tip: Spacious, clean. Very nice bed to have a good rest.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived in Dubai on October 29th, rented a car and drove to Abu Dhabi. It was very easy driving on the highway, as most of the signs have English translation on them. The drive from Dubai airport to our hotel in Abu Dhabi took about an hour and a half with barely any traffic. We booked our first two nights at the Shangri-La, which was a beautiful hotel, with a very nice room located on the 7th floor. We had a balcony which looked out to the creek, a king size bed, walk in shower and a separate soaker tub. I was very impressed with the decor and overall vibe of the hotel, as well as the smell! It had a very modern Arabic feel which i enjoyed very much. I would rate the Shangri-La 4/5 and would have stayed longer than 2 nights, but unfortunately the formula one race was happening during the same week and the hotel was completely booked, and any listings online were completely over priced. After finding out we could not extend our stay at the Shangri-La, my boyfriend and I were forced to start searching for another hotel. We ended up booking at Traders Hotel, which we later found out is a sister hotel of the Shangri-La and is located just down the street. After finding that out i was not as sad about leaving.

Once we arrived to Traders I was a little disappointed! Even though Traders was built in 2004 and the Shangri-La was built in 2006, Tragers was not as beautiful, not as grand and just not as nice. It wasn't horrible, I just think after being blown away by the Shangri-La and all it's lux, Traders had a lot to compare to. It was clean, the staff were friendly but it was missing something. I would say they're just a tiny bit above average.In our room, the washroom was very clean and modern, which i appreciate, but what I did not like was our view and the fact we had no balcony. Our view was of the city and the parking lot and even a little construction. However, a buffet breakfast was included every morning which was great and the selection was pretty good too. But by the 4th day we were getting a little tired of it because the menu did not change. We spent most of our days on the private beach tanning and swimming. The lifeguards were very attentive to our needs, such as towels and water. As soon as we arrived to the beach they would set up a mini personal cooler with ice and bottles of water. Throughout the day they would also offer cold face towels which was SOO appreciated, My only concern was it took a while to receive a drink when the beach wasn't even that busy. I felt so bad for the guy, it seemed like he was the only one fetching and serving drinks. I also think the should be allowed to wear breezy T-shirts as part of their uniform, They were practically sweating to death with their long black pants and button up long sleeves.

Overall, the hotel is average, definitely not luxurious. In my opinion, if you can afford to spend an extra hundred dollars or two, DO IT! You only live once. If something like the Shangri-La is not in your budget, then I would recommend Traders. Just don't tease yourself and set yourself up like i did, or else you'll for sure be disappointed.

P.S.
We are now staying at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in Dubai and it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Even better then the Shangri-La. This place is lux to the max!

Hope this helps!!! :)