“Great value”

Ranked #34 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Brighton
“Great value”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Top quality hotel with very friendly service - above all excellent for the price. I will definitely stay here again and make better use of the facilities next time. Bit of a trip into the centre of town but good for me because my client's office is nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our company IDG used this hotel as our work base for 30 days in May and June 2013. It is excellent value for such a stylish hotel. It may be only a 4* but it has all the qualities of 5*.
The reception staff recognised all our work needs and were quick to assist in all matters. A big thank you to Rami and the team from: Martin, Simon and Salam.
The rooms are spacious and tastefully furnished like the rest of the hotel.
The team are quick to acknowledge loyalty by customers and the Shangri -La Club 'Golden Circle so we did get deserved extra's immediately
For relaxation the beach area is charming with a lovely bar nice in the balmy months
The food is nothing special and could only recommend the pizza's the rest was perfunctory, burgers vile, so I would not eat here. But Traders is part of the Shangri La complex with excellent standard and high end restaurants a 5 minute walk away or a 2 minute buggy ride provided by the hotel. The Fairmont is a 10 minute walk or 2 minute taxi ride with great facilities and restaurants
Traders will be our choice in the future

Room Tip: All rooms are relatively standard try and get one with a view or balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed 2 nights on our way to Europe and one night on our way home. We cannot fault this hotel. It was everything we could want - comfortable beds in a huge room with dining table, well fitted spacious bathroom including a bidet. There was also a balcony. A delicious full breakfast with an enormous variety (best we've seen). The staff are very friendly and welcoming and eager to assist. There is a bus to take you into the city and it can drop you off at several of the tourist spots along the way. It also picks you up at certain times.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I loved this property! It was our first time on a Shangri-La property and we will try to stay at their properties during our future travels! The hotel was beautiful and unique. Much more character in the décor than other chains like Sheraton or Marriot. Feels very spacious and modern with high lobby ceilings, neon furniture, wide hallways and glass elevators. A small added touch – tea and dates at reception in the evening. We ate at the restaurant – excellent food and service. The menu was pretty varied and included Asian fusion dishes as well as Italian so it pleased both my husband and I. The seating is al fresco and the environment is peaceful. In the evening, they have tented seating with hookah and tea service which was absolutely amazing. Overlooks the water and the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in the distance. Definitely feels like you are in Abu Dhabi with all the conveniences and style this City is famous for. The room was great – chic and clean with plenty of essential toiletries and a flat screen TV. There is also a small mall nearby for some food and shopping. It has canals and gondolas which seem to be an inherent characteristic of malls in this country! We were in town only for a day so the comfort of the hotel and the mall nearby was sufficient for us after having seen the Mosque. We didn’t have the energy to go into town, but were told its about a 30 minute drive from the hotel and there is some limited shuttle service and plenty of cab service. Its cheaper and a better value than some of the properties in town even with the cost of any cabs you may have to take. Since we didn’t do much in terms of activities, cannot comment on concierge services, but our check-in and check-out was seamless: quick and professional. It was perfect for us!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is my second visit to this hotel in which I spent both visits for leisure. The hotel is in a good location just near Al Maqtaa bridge where a quick access to Abu Dhabi city is possible. Overall atmosphere in the hotel is nice and it is good for families. Services and kindness of staff are really wonderful.

It was crowded during my check in so personally I expected some delays but no, everything went smooth and the staff work well despite the pressure.

• Stayed May 2013
Xi'an, China
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A very enjoyable stay.Specially with the Traders Club. Had my share of beverages upstairs with my wife and friends.From the moment we checked in we felt special as we got the club check in and did not have to deal with the crowd of people checking in as we checked in on the 9th floor.
I don't particularly like going to a hotel to stay there but this was an exception. My wife and I only left the hotel one time in 48 hours and that was only to go to the cinema.

The private beach is nice except for the jet skis noise and the inconsiderate riders coming to close to the swimming area. They actually broke the floater divider line by running over it. Another annoyance was my niece could not use her flotation devices to swim in the beach.She had to use her flotation devices in the pool and the pool was small long and narrow. I was also annoyed by how crowded with children it was.Oh well. This flotation device policy should be reconsidered. As the device was to make sure our little Hannah did not drown.

The Breakfast choices were large and the food was good. The first day I was there I was impressed and compared it to the nearby four star hotel's breakfast. However on the second day I was disappointed that the breakfast was the same and there was little to no variation in choices. I was also annoyed that when I arrived there was only one or cuts of salmon, and when it was gone instead of placing more they decided to just add cheeses in its place.

As others have said parking here is a problem. Not to big of a problem though. The valets work hard.

You know when I first arrived in this country I stayed in a nearby hotel and although it was a four star hotel i hated it because there was nothing else in the area. This hotel is well positioned for exploration but you won't need to go anywhere during your stay.

I would say that this was one of the most enjoyable weekends we have had in Abu Dhabi. It's a nice place to go to relax and get away in the city. Would highly recommend it. In the evenings we walked around the grounds and did some shopping. It was nice to get away.

Room Tip: IF you pay the additional sum for the CLUB you should get the 9th floor.
1 Thank Ericsosa
wick
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and the staff were very good, no sea view unfortunately.
The room was nice and big with a view of a wall (next door building) on a positive note very private. As mentioned before the staff are excellent, very attentive with out being overpowering.

The beach area is very good and the little thinggs like a cold face towel, cooler with bottles of water make all the difference.

I would stay here again as I found it very relaxing