“Splendid hotel”

Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
Ranked #37 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed October 24, 2012

It’s located far away from the city center but close to my meeting place. The hotel is built within a network of hotels and a mall; so not that bad though a bit isolated from the city center. The scenery at night is good especially the grand mosque, which is located across the channel. Hotel services are superb with good hospitality of staff. The room is spacious and modern. Room air conditioning could be one of the best that I’ve ever had. Internet is free anywhere in the hotel! 10-15 minutes away from the airport.

Room Tip: I think a good room should face the sea/channel. Mine was facing an office building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,640)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel is very good but as others have said it is 20 to 25 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi, so if you need to be downtown this place is not for you. If you are going there to enjoy the sun and tranquility and have a relaxing holiday, it is perfect. There is a shuttle bus that takes you to the mosque and to the corniche and marina mall and various other places and if you do not want to wait for the bus to come back you can catch a taxi, they are available without problem and have a meter, perfectly safe and they are very polite and helpful. When we arrived at the hotel the lady that handled our reservation asked us if we wanted to upgrade our room to the 8 floor, which came with free breakfast, soft drinks all day and alcoholic beverages and canapes from 6 to 8. The spread they have is much more than canapes, they have three different kinds of hot meals, plus puddings, cheese, sandwiches and various other things. It is on the 9 floor and it is really very convenient and pleasent. The beach is much better than what we expected, it is kept so clean plus the sea is beautiful (it is a canal, it is not open sea) The water is very salty and in the evenings the tide comes up and it is great. There is a problem with the jet skis, they come far too near the buoys that the hotel has, something should be done to stop them from going so near the allocated section for swimming. It is not the hotel's fault, but perhaps they should think of putting a double line of buoys or complaining to the authorities. You do not want to wait for an accident before something is done. I found it quite stressful to have to worry about the jetskis and their mad maouvers.
The bedrooms are great and the bathrooms have everything you need. The breakfast is very good with many choices and freshly squeezed juices. All in all we liked this hotel a lot, lovely and helpful staff, great weather and it is a perfect break.

Room Tip: Executive floor 7 and onwards
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed her for 3 nights on a short break before heading to Dubai. It was me and my brother a break from life, and it was. The hotel is amazing and if you’re looking for an idyllic break this is the one. After working all year this was what I needed but noticed there was no one in our age ranges and being in my mid twenties I did get bored of resting after 24 hours.

There is a souk a few minutes away from the hotel selling rugs and pashminas but i am a guy I have no interest in that ,however if your going to eat go to the Steak house..Amazing food. Overall the souk is ok but it just wasn’t for me. It’s more for families and females. I just got bored.

The staffs was impeccable and always greeted me with a smile and a hello regardless of time, which is rare when im not dressed in a suit because people would normally mistake me for a ‘hoody’ so this was fantastic as I never felt inferior.

The room was amazing and had a brilliant view of the sea, spacious and very luxurious as I sleep like a star fish the bed was fantastic and wide also the bathroom was exceptional and the walk in shower was a bonus especially as it was boiling.

Breakfast was amazing and the variety is second to none, however it being windy we wasn’t allowed to eat outside which could have upset guests but I didn’t mind as long as I was sitting somewhere comfortable.

The hotel is a bit out the way but the hotel provides a bus into town at times and taxis are cheap and can be easily flagged down.

Abu Dhabi as a whole is ok, better for couples. Ferrari world is not worth the money however if you are with teenagers or young its best to go to Al Forsan which is a complex consisting of go carting ECT ECT.

Back to the hotel, one word. Amazing

I would advise couples to come to this hotel esp. if you are looking for a break if you get bored easily and only have your brother/business partner with you its best you go somewhere more in the city or just go to Dubai

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Nice hotel, stayed in a club room, worth it for the club lounge drinks! Pool area not great but beach good. Next to Fairmont and Madinat with choice of restaurants and shops. Opposite big mosque and only 15 minutes from Yas Island.

Room Tip: Pay extra for club room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Well I have rated a few hotels in my time, but the service at this hotel had to be one of the best! Upon our arrival by car from Dubai on the last leg of our honeymoon, we were met at the desk by the duty manager, he had upgraded us to a suite over looking the grand mosque, he was so helpful and answered all our questions. Our suite was covered in red roses, even in the whirlpool bath, we had a congratulation cake and the most beautiful view of the grand mosque, Our first night we were so tired after getting up early for a balloon ride, so we decided to give the beach BBQ a miss (we enjoyed sitting on our balcony and watching it though, and listening to the music) we decided to order room service, imagine my surprise when a full table arrived fully laid out with roses on, it was so romantic and we enjoyed it so much we ordered room service again on the 3rd night, the room service staff were so friendly and helpful as well, my husbands vegi and nut allergic and they were very accommodating. I loved the souk and got some lovely presses from my husband. We ate out at the Indian and the meat co, the Indian was fabulous and the service was amazing, the meat co was ok although a bit overpriced for what it was and I didn't enjoy it as much as the Indian. On our last night we sat in the cabanas on the beach and had apple sheesha, the staff were so helpful and so happy, it made our last night very enjoyable. We spent one day at the beach which was nice but we preffered the pool. The one and only issue I had with this hotel was the noise from jet skis during the late afternoon/evening it was so loud and very annoying and went on for quite some time. Apart from that I could not fault the stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Traders hotel never fails to provide me with a wonderful experience every time i stay. I always admire the place and the courteous service each staff gives to their guests. Food is superb, Fantastic private beach with a great view of the magnificent Grand Mosque.

DON Anupama is one of their exceptional employees who constantly gives outstanding customer service. i will always remember his willingness to help me during my stay. He and his team were very helpful. His effort made a big difference!

i would always want to come back again and again and again. Staying here will make u feel valued and pampered.
Thank you TRAders!!! :))

Room Tip: traders club rooms are the best. suite has fantastic view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for 3 night. We had a great experience in this hotel. Staff are very kind and professional. We had modern, clean in comfortable room and spacious bathroom. It has private parking. Fantastic breakfast, nice private beach. I really recommend this hotel for relax holiday.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple