“My favorite”

$49.00*
Morning Tour of Abu Dhabi City
$145.00*
and up
Full-Day Guided Shiek Zayed Mosque and Ferrari World Tour from Dubai with...
$88.00*
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“My favorite”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is my favorite mosque I have visited. Great place to take photos. Every place you look is beautiful and well lit. We always wear appropriate clothing but even my wife was asked to cover up, so keep that in mind. I will post both pics of before and after. We stayed across the river at the Shangri-La Hotel and enjoyed watching the sunset and the lights come on at dusk.

Visited November 2013

87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Breathtakingly Beautiful”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

A visit to Abu Dhabi would be incomplete without a visit to the 'Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque'. Grand is an understatement, the mosque is huge. the architecture, the white marble and the beautiful maintained green gardens are seriously stunning. It was mandatory to respect the clothing rules such as below knee length pants and shirts with sleeves, which was difficult in 50 degree heat, however it was worth the effort. You don't require a lot of time at the mosque, however its easy to get hypnotised and immobilised that you forget to leave. 30 minutes is enough to take in the beauty and take some incredible photos for the album.

Visited July 2013
Edinburgh
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“White marble mosque with 1000 pillars all decorated with inlaid flowers”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

An excellent guide who was both informative and amusing.
A memorable experience of a memorable landmark.
Dress modestly - unlike some idiots who turned up in shorts and minidresses!

Visited May 2014
Hartsville, SC
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 311 helpful votes
“Must see for yourself”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

After visiting many mosques in Turkey, Kenya and Egypt, I was not hesitant to visit this mosque. I am a very typical american; however I do understand the religion and respect the traditions. My wife and I had a rental car and drove from Dubai. It's very easy to drive, and one shouldn't be intimidated to do so. Personnel at the mosque were quite helpful in showing us where to park, how to get in and the proper way of exiting. Both my wife and I were wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts. However, I purchased a gallibaya in Egypt, and my wife had something similar to slip on. We came prepared. (You can purchase these items in Carrefoure in Dubai at a very low cost. If you buy your clothing and scarfs early, you will use them the entire time.)

I felt the mosque was majestic. I am always amazed at what people will build in the name of God. The reason that I wasn't "blown away" by this, is that I felt that the mosque was built for tourists. As others have mentioned, the plans took years and the Sheikh wanted the mosque to display diversity. That being said, it almost seemed like a very expensive show piece. It was fantastic, no doubt.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank 568MarkR
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Breathtaking!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

They don't call it the "Grand Mosque" for nothing! The stunning architecture, leaves your mouth wide open!

Visited November 2013