“Really worth a visit”

Ranked #1 of 158 things to do in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place is beautiful inside and out. It is really worth visiting. It took me a while to find the car park entrance as 2 of them were closed, but I would definitely recommend this.

Write a ReviewReviews (25,581)
All reviews
in 268 reviews
"visit abu"
in 190 reviews

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our visit to this mosque was delightful.

On a beautiful day, the building looked majestic and I was enthralled by its grandeur.

I have visited the Taj Mahal and I believe that this mosque takes top prize for beauty and elegance. Also, the sheer scale of the enclosed volume is breathtaking. I understand that
the building holds 40,000 worshippers - truly remarkable!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

It is one of the best mosque's I have been to. It is beautifully made. The most important feeling is the sense of calm you get when you are there. The entire place is well managed and you dont feel rushed. I would not go here in the summer as it will steaming hot outside. The carpet and the chandelier's are magnificent.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Beautiful mosque, unique experience.
No queues and free entrance, friendly staff.
I definitely would recommend going there!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was at the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque with my best friend and her mother. When we came there in shorts and tanktops, the security friendly requested us to go the dressing room to get ourselves an abaya. Wearing this traditional clothing already gave such an extra dimension to the visit. There was a free tour of one hour and the friendly local men showed us around. He answered all questions politely and because of this I got a way better understanding of the principles of the Islam and the culture of the UAE. Furtermore is the Mosque such an impressive building and the process of how it has been built is truly fascinating.