“A fantastic weekend stay!!”

Park Rotana Abu Dhabi
Ranked #17 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A fantastic weekend stay!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed @ Park Rotana for one night to enjoy the Metallica concert in Du Arena, Yas F1 Circuit.

Got a very good deal, but was not expecting anything special from the Hotel. Man, was I wrong!! The hotel was much better than expected. The staffs were very friendly and I also got the option for a late 4PM checkout.

Now some key features about the hotel which really impressed me:
1. Very friendly and helpful stuff
2. Clean room, with nice linen and toiletries. They provide toiletries by L'OCCITANE.
3. Very accommodating front desk: Being a smoker (which I am not proud of) I forgot to mention that I wanted a smoking room. After entering the room I realized it was a non smoking one. I called the front desk and they immediately accommodated me.
4. Good entertainment system
5. Did not try the room service, but the buffet breakfast was very good (though a bit expensive)
6. The location of the hotel is in the outskirt of Abu Dhabi (just at the entrance of the island), so don't expect any major attraction nearby. Though the famous Sheikh Zayed Mosque is minutes away. A must see for tourists. It welcomes visitors from all religion. Taxis are always available to take you wherever you want, 24/7. There is a nice park just behind the hotel, which looked nice if you want to enjoy some fresh air or go out for a walk.
7. The shower was excellent. Had one of the rain shower device, much better than the usual bathtub which till date I have never used in any of the hotels I stayed.
8. Did not get to use the Gym or Pool, guess they will also be nice
9. The interior decor of the room and lobby is what got full marks from me. It was sedate and comforting

Overall, if you are planning for a trip to (short/Extended) and want to get value out of your money spent on accommodation, I strongly suggest you pick this hotel.

Thanks Park Rotana team for the lovely, hospitable & relaxing stay at your property.

All the best folk. Keep up the Wanderlust spirit!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room @ top level floors if you want to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Luis_Cifer
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, May 13, 2013

Greetings from Park Rotana!

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Rotana Hotel, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services and facilities and I really appreciate your comments with our facilities, guest room experience and location.

Francisco Giles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California Central Coast
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Park Rotana for a week while on a business trip to Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The hotel sent a BMW to pick us up at the airport and a Mercedes to take us back--a great way to start and end a trip! The hotel has a nice lobby with comfortable seating and a café with hot and cold drinks and snacks. There is a tiny gift shop that had a limited range of merchandise. In addition, there is a business center with several computers and printers, attached to a small conference room that we used for meetings; the staff member in the center was very efficient and helpful.. There also are a pool, spa, and workout room that I didn't use but others said were well equipped and staffed. My guest room was large and comfortable with a king sized bed, chaise, and desk and chair. There was a tea kettle with coffee and tea, bottled water, and a nice array of bath supplies. We ate at the three restaurants in the hotel. Ginger is a buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that had a nice assortment of dishes at all the meals, plus a chef for individual dishes. Teatro was a well laid out restaurant with a bar, serving Asian, Italian, and other cuisines. Coopers was a pub-type bar and restaurant that had good, reasonable food and wine but that was also, not unexpectedly, crowded, noisy, and smokey. The hotel is well served by an attentive, efficient, and friendly staff, from the front desk to the restaurants to the housekeepers. The hotel is located between the airport and city so that transportation is necessary. We used the hotel shuttle for short distances and taxis for longer distances. Overall, I found the Park Rotana an excellent business hotel and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, May 8, 2013

Greetings from Park Rotana!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services, facilities and dining experience and I really appreciate your comments on our outlets and location.

Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent rooms: clean. Huge beds. Very good bathroom. Good gym.
Nice view from roof area of the hotel.
Outside pool area (bit too shady too soon). We never tried breakfast but great coffee and cheese cake in the cafe near the lobby. Good dinner in Cooper's on site.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 30, 2013

Greetings from Park Rotana!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our facilities and dining experience and I really appreciate your comments regarding the ParKafe and Cooper’s Bar and Restaurant.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We actually stayed in this hotel by accident having thought we had booked the Yas Island Rotana! The hotel sits very close to the new bridge and therefore is well located for this part of town (Grand Mosque very close, Yas 20 mins away, Abu Dhabi Centre probably 15 mins away) The interior of the hotel is contemporary and the room was a decent size. Check in was quick, got a roll out bed quickly. service was really good. Ginger restaurant was suprisingly cheap for lunchtime buffet and 6 year old was free.

All in all a good family hotel for a weekend break

Room Tip: the queen size beds in the double rooms are quite small and not big enough for two people. we got a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 21, 2013

Greetings from Park Arjaan!

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Arjaan, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services, facilities and dining experience and I really appreciate your comments regarding the hotel and the room as well as the Ginger Restaurant lunch buffet.

Dominica
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed here for a conferene in Feburary. I found the service to be very good and the staff to be very friendly. Ginger was great for meals especially breakfast with a variety of options. I really liked to large walk-in shower and my room has reasonable view over the highway out to the sea. Overall, good expeience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Park Arjaan!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services, facilities and dining experience and I really appreciate your comments with regards to the breakfast variety at Ginger Restaurant.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. Quite modern, extremely well kept.
The service is great, the restaurant options are varied and seem to meet all tastes.
All of the staff from the front desk to the Bell guys to the restaurant staff and the housekeepers are all very obliging and extremely diligent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 22, 2013

Greetings from Park Arjaan!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services, facilities and dining experience and I really appreciate your commendation for our colleagues in the Front Desk, Food & Beverage and Housekeeping.

Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My daughter and I took a twin room as an overnighter before meeting my husband next day. The hotel is extremely well appointed. All the staff (from the airport meet and greet onwards - we had booked their car to take us from there to the hotel for a very reasonable 100 DHMS) were absolutely helpful and pleasant - even at 2am which was when we pitched up. The rooms are large and well equipped. No tea or coffee making facilities, but complimentary water. Beds were extremely comfortable and the hotel quiet - the aircon was necessary but a bit noisy - but then it usually is. Room furnishings are good. The bathroom is huge and well equipped - big walk in shower room. Only the grouting finish at the bottom of the shower was a bit poor. Not sure paying for WiFi is what you expect at a 5 star hotel. The dining in room service is expensive - we had the continental breakfast and it was poor, really, for what you pay (approx £15 each). The actual service of the breakfast however was faultless. We used the wake-up service which again, was dealt with quickly and professionaly - the telephone request was answered almost as it rang. Public areas are bright and light. Everything was pristine clean. There was a problem in that 2 days of sand storms had closed off the pool as it almost needed to be dredged and so we got up early after our very late night only to find it was out of use. Staff could not have been more helpful however and were very happy to keep our bags for us and extend our use of the room to 4pm. We used the excellent free bus shuttle service to take us to the Sheik Zayed mosque and used the pool in the afternoon. The pool is large enough, has a pleasant poolside bar, and was again, staffed by extremely pleasant and friendly staff. The bar was reasonable compared with other hotels in Dubai. I owuld certainly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Park Arjaan!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services, facilities and dining experience and I really appreciate your commendation for our colleagues.

I have noted your comments regarding the tea and coffee making facilities and continental breakfast. I have addressed these matters with my Food & Beverage team as well as Food Kitchen Brigade. Furthermore, we are sorry that the pool had to be closed during the sand storm.