“5 star good value”

Ranked #17 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dover, United Kingdom
“5 star good value”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My daughter and I took a twin room as an overnighter before meeting my husband next day. The hotel is extremely well appointed. All the staff (from the airport meet and greet onwards - we had booked their car to take us from there to the hotel for a very reasonable 100 DHMS) were absolutely helpful and pleasant - even at 2am which was when we pitched up. The rooms are large and well equipped. No tea or coffee making facilities, but complimentary water. Beds were extremely comfortable and the hotel quiet - the aircon was necessary but a bit noisy - but then it usually is. Room furnishings are good. The bathroom is huge and well equipped - big walk in shower room. Only the grouting finish at the bottom of the shower was a bit poor. Not sure paying for WiFi is what you expect at a 5 star hotel. The dining in room service is expensive - we had the continental breakfast and it was poor, really, for what you pay (approx £15 each). The actual service of the breakfast however was faultless. We used the wake-up service which again, was dealt with quickly and professionaly - the telephone request was answered almost as it rang. Public areas are bright and light. Everything was pristine clean. There was a problem in that 2 days of sand storms had closed off the pool as it almost needed to be dredged and so we got up early after our very late night only to find it was out of use. Staff could not have been more helpful however and were very happy to keep our bags for us and extend our use of the room to 4pm. We used the excellent free bus shuttle service to take us to the Sheik Zayed mosque and used the pool in the afternoon. The pool is large enough, has a pleasant poolside bar, and was again, staffed by extremely pleasant and friendly staff. The bar was reasonable compared with other hotels in Dubai. I owuld certainly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from Park Arjaan!

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Arjaan, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services, facilities and dining experience and I really appreciate your commendation for our colleagues.

I have noted your comments regarding the tea and coffee making facilities and continental breakfast. I have addressed these matters with my Food & Beverage team as well as Food Kitchen Brigade. Furthermore, we are sorry that the pool had to be closed during the sand storm.

Francisco Giles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a really excellent hotel, with attentive staff, and very good facilities, including clean, spacious rooms. This is my go-to hotel in Abu Dhabi, and will continue to be, however, in my last stay, a couple of details managed to knock off one point.

- I got a Rotana Rewards Exclusive card before booking my stay, as it's supposed to give you a 20% discount on room rate, plus other benefits, such as "From check-in to check-out, you will enjoy the discreet and attentive service from our dedicated membership staff. In-room amenities will be served to complement your stay and welcome you as an exclusive guest." I have to say that I didn't feel like an "exclusive guest", there were no "in-room amenities", and a couple of days before leaving I found out that they hand't applied the 20% discount, as the reservation website seems to completely ignore your Rewards number should you enter it when you make the booking. In all, it seems like a wasted $260, not yet sure if they will apply the rate or not.

- Room service has a problem with shower gel. A few days they didn't replenish empty bottles, and one morning they took 25 minutes to bring it to my room, almost making me miss breakfast.

- There is a lot of confusion about room rates. I booked a premium room overlooking Khalifa park (Dh519/day), but was given a standard room overlooking the motorway. I was also offered an "upgrade", for Dh200 extra, that would include internet access and breakfast, which I took.
The next day, I realized that a Club Rotana room goes for Dh669, or Dh50 LESS than the rate I was paying, and it included breakfast, internet, and lounge access. After discussing this with reception, they gave me a Club Rotana room. It's unfortunate that one has to get the calculator out to work out he's been given a bad deal. Combine this with the "exclusive" feeling you're supposed to have as a Rotana Rewards member, and the result is not that good.

Room Tip: If you don't like aircraft noise, get a room on the Zayed bridge side, as Khalifa park is next t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 24, 2013

Greetings from Park Rotana!

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Rotana Hotel, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your valuable feedback.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. My Director of Rooms, Mr. Imad Akil will contact you personally regarding this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel has a lovely modern design, the room was immaculate and clean. Although it is slightly far from the city, its only 15 minutes away from Yas Island, and 20 minutes from the city centre...
The staff were exceptionally nice and welcoming.
The food at Teatro was great with good portions.
I would only recommend that they have a small indoor play area next to Ginger (their all day dinning restaurant) so kids can spend some time while parents eat!

Room Tip: The corridor was freezing cold, so I would choose a room right by the elevators!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 21, 2013

Greetings from Park Rotana!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services, facilities and dining experience and really appreciate your feedback on our Teatro Restaurant.

I have noted your comment regarding the indoor play area at Ginger’s Restaurant.

Bahrain
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked 3 rooms for my family end of March.

The hotel exceeded our expectations. We always felt it was a brand new hotel. The rooms are immaculate and has beautiful decoration and luxurious amenities. Everything is a button push.

The hotel staff are too customer oriented and welcoming.

My family liked the Arabic coffee corner with the complimentary dates and desserts.

The location is excellent just under Sheikh Zayed bridge with easy access to any spot in Abu Dhabi.

I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Park Rotana!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services, facilities and dining experience and really appreciate that you won’t hesitate to recommend us to all your friends.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a lovely 4 day stay at the Park Rotana during our move from Dubai to Abu Dhabi. The staff was exceptional and accommodating to our needs. The room was spotless and well appointed with a lovely view over the Khalifa Park. We dinned in all the restaurants and were well pleased with all of them, however, the noise level in Teatro was ear shattering and really disturbed an excellent meal. Each morning at breakfast I had a lovely surprise as the attentive waiter remembered my cafe latte which he served immediately after I sat down. I actually found the best French Onion soup in Coopers. This is a great choice to stay if you are visiting Abu Dhabi and have a car. It is very close to the Grand Mosque and about 20 minute drive to the Corniche. You won't be dissappointed.

Room Tip: There are two choices of view . .the calming Khalifa Park or the exquisite Grand Mosque which includ...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Park Rotana!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services, facilities and dining experience.

We are sorry the noise from other guests disturbed you during your meal at Teatro.

São Paulo, Sp
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from the city center, so it should not be your first option is you plan to visit Abu Dhabi. But the rooms are spacious and very clean. What impressed me most was the staff. I needed to find a book in Arabic and could not find it in any bookstore in the city's shopping mall. I asked the concierge and it took him two days to find it in a small bookstore outside the city. I do not know how he found it. In the end, he was so thankful that I was interested in Arabic that he did not accept that I paid for the book. It was his personal gift to me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Park Rotana!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services and facilities.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel with my wife for almost a month. We were impressed with the service, especially in the restaurant and in the Coopers bar. The food was 5 star. The rooms were very clean and modern. The only thing that let this hotel down was the cost of the Internet. For the amount that was paid for the room and for the food (we ate there most evenings) the cost should be included, especially when staying there for a month. I refused to pay the £15 per day charge out of principle. Coopers bar was a great place to relax and socialise in. Bar prices were very reasonable for the UAE and it had the longest happy hour going.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Imag5566
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 14, 2013

Greetings from Park Rotana!

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our services and dining experience and appreciate your review on Cooper’s Bar.

I really appreciate your feedback regarding the inclusion of internet in the room rates, however, we have conducted a survey of all 5- star hotels in Abu Dhabi and priced ourselves very competitively for the standard (classic room). I would like to comment that we do offer complimentary internet in our Club Rotana rooms and all suites as an additional benefit.