“Made my business trip seem like a vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island

Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island
Ranked #40 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Bangkok, Thailand
“Made my business trip seem like a vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

The hotel is located opposite the new Ferrari World F1 racetrack and amenities, and is one of about 5 hotels all surrounding a round-about. It appears that the hotel is built specifically to cater for the annual F1 racers, and the occasional function that is held in the F1 facilities (such as the recent UFC fight). Therefore the only downside to staying at the hotel is the distance from the center of Abu Dhabi. However the highways leading to Abu Dhabi are absolutely fantastic - usually running at about 6 lanes wide with very little traffic - and so it only took me 20 to 25 minutes of driving time to get me to my meetings at Abu Dhabi mall. If you have your own transport (as I did) then this is the place to stay. If you rely on taxis then you are at the mercy of the quality of the taxi driver. I did notice that there are ample numbers of taxis waiting outside the hotel each day for passengers, and that they do use the meter. I took one taxi back from Abu Dhabi one night after a few drinks, and the fare was 41 dirhams.

The hotel is located right at the water's edge, so sitting by the pool (and it is a wonderful pool along with a bar) you get a lovely view at sunset over the islands. The breakfast is wonderful quality and variety. The service was excellent - although I guess this may be due to lower occupancy? I also used the gym and it was much better than the other hotels I've used.

Usually I stay in the Sheraton Khalidya, which can cost anything from US$350 to US$750 per night - and it doesn't have any of the ambience, quality or value that the Radisson Blu has. Noise was also a problem at the Khalidya, but sleeping was a dream (pun intended) at the Radisson Blu.

Definitely will be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, November 30, 2014
Dear collected,

Appreciate the review and glad you enjoyed your stay.

See you again soon.

Craig Bruce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
MANGALORE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

I had gone to stay at Radisson Blu hotel with my collagues, we had got an inviation for complimentary stay from the hotel. Food is very good, swimming pool & gym facilities very good. Staff are helpful, it is worth for business travellers as well as honeymooners

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Dear fayaz-2007,

Thank you for the comments and look forward to see you soon.

Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2010

As a family returning from a holiday in Sydney, we found ourselves stranded in Abu Dhabi due to the volcanic ash from Iceland, which shut down European airspace. I can honestly say it was a lovely, relaxing experience and Etihad Airways and the Radisson Blu made all 300 "refugees" feel very welcome.

On arrival at Abu Dhabi and stranded in the UAE, Etihad Airpways supplied is with cold drinks at the airport and prioritised families ( like us) We were taken in an air conditioned minibus straight to the hotel. Check in was a little slow but bearing in mind the majority of staff are not UAE nationals, the language barriers were overcome and we were checked into a business class suite on the 7th floor.

The room was large with 2 queen size beds ( we are a family of 2 adults & 2 kids) a large, clean and well stocked bathroom, complete with robes and slippers. The coffee machine was space age but I managed to work it out. Our view over the balcony was terrific. We looked out over the new Yas Island links golf course and towards the Arabian Gulf. Sunrise pilates on the balcony was a must for me.

We were in receipt of a "snack voucher" as we arrived post dinner. This allowed us to order 4 club sandwiches, chocolate muffins, fruit and museli bars to the room at 3am. This was a lovely touch and went down very well with tired kids in transit.

Our first morning, we were delighted to open the curtains and see the fabulous view. At 6am the heat was already cranking up but in the room you are at a nice ambient 23 degrees due to the brilliant air conditioning system.

We ventured into reception and Etihad had set up a helpdesk with a representative from the airline there to put us all at ease. It became apparent that due to the shutdown of European airspace, we were going to have a surprise vacation in the UAE.

Food at the hotel is fabulous, lots of choice at the buffet from breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff in the restaurant are so helpfull and efficient in guiding us through unfamiliar foods and drinks (very nice Arabian breakfast) There is a wonderful Indian waitress in the restaurant, I don't know her name but she was so nice, kind and gentle. She was working on our last evening (22 April) and we tipped her heavily to thank her for helping us all week.

Following our first meal, we hit the pool. A special mention to Alex from Kenya, the lifeguard who procured me sun shelters, loungers and fantastic beach towels from his hut everyday.

The pools (2) are fabulous, I could see them being thoroughly cleaned every morning fro my balcony. The heat is so intense that you need to keep dipping in to keep yourself from frying and they were kept bug free all day.

Jack in the pool bar makes fabulous Mojito's, Marguerita's and Cosmopolitan cocktails which are all served to you in good quality, stylish plastic glasses, which as a parent I appreciate.

Etihad airlines are truly the best in the world as during our stay we received 10 letters, updating us as to the postion of our flights home. They laid on a BBC Radio 2 DJ for a pool party, which was great, we all had cocktails and mixed like old friends. They also laid on free trips to the Grand Mosque, which is a must if you're in Abu Dhabi.

The spa is lovely and the treatments are reasonably priced and very, very good.

The hotel is very new and in a fantastic location near the new F1 racetrack. It is truly a world class resort. My only niggle is a member of staff who frogmarched me through reception in my bikini and sun dress to obtain my Visa card from my room. I had a D700 (c.£120) bar bill and no notification was given to me that I had exceeded any limit. I though this a little heavy handed.

In all the hotel is very nice, modern and clean I would go back again. But the true stars are Etihad airline, who I would choose over any other airline in future. They didn't have to put us up so royally but they made what could have potentially been a very stressful situation into a fantastic surprise break.

Abu Dhabi is fabulous. Having no previous desire to visit UAE, in future I will be giving serious consideration to visiting this lovely, friendly country again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Dear SamHawkins,

Thank you for the sincere comments.

Look forward to see you again.

Hyderabad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

We stayed at this place for 10 days and after the third day everytime we came back to the hotel we said "Home sweet Home". That's how we felt about the place. The restaurant Assymetri is a good place to dine. The poolside bar is just great. The gym is superb. The spa is a wonder. And above all the staff are the most friendly you will ever find. The calm and serene atmosphere around the hotel with a view of the 18 hole golf course and the beautiful marina around it, this place is hard to leave at the end of your stay.

Dear SKSiva,

Appreciate your comments and look forward to see you again.

Bedford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2010

Very new hotel on Yas Island in he 'hotel strip' by the Grand Prix circuit. Closeto airport but isolated from main city. Room very spacious, excellent bathroom. Free wi-fi workd well. Only dined in the main restaurant; more than adequate buffet meals but curiousy bland desserts. Nice pool with views of new golf course.

Dear Thomsons39,

It's a delight to know you enjoyed your F1 stay.

Hope to see you soon.

Runaway Bay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

Stayed here for the V8 Supercars so the location was just perfect.

The room was huge and had a lovely balcony with a view of the pool and the sea. Will be nice when the golf course is finished. Lovely big huge bed with the most fabulous pillows and linen.

The breakfast selection was great - loads of fresh fruit and hot breakfast items to choose from. The service in the restaurant was great - cannot fault it.

Room service meals were the biggest I have ever seen - wow they were amazing and sooo good. Best room service I have ever had.

Swimming pool was lovely - great service by the pool also.

You would not really want to stay here if there was not an event on at the race track as there is nothing even close to this area - in a few years to come it will be a different story as there is lots being built in this area. But for the racing its the perfect location thats for sure.

I loved my stay here - it was fabulous. Thanks for a great memorable stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear kelliejane02,

Thank you for your uplifting comments.

Hope to see you soon.

Brussels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

Having arrived in the hotel in the late afternoon I was very surprised by the warmth and brightness of the lobby. The front office staff were a bit shy but very helpful .
I was checked into a very spacious room with a stunning view of the golf course and the arabian gulf. The hotel is still relatively young which means that some things are still going wrong, I was unable to eat at the persian restaurant which was advertised ( which is unfortunate)but the Italian restaurant at the back of the hotel was the perfect substitution. I was able to eat a seafood antipasti on the patio while I watched the sun set over the golf course. This hotel is definately a jewel on Yas Island

Dear Zatlapper,

We are glad to know you had a great stay.

Trust to see you again.