“Heavenly stay, great customer service!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island
Ranked #44 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
“Heavenly stay, great customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

We had a great stay at the Raddison Blu. We enjoyed the spa and pool, and the pool bar makes a great mojito. We also had a great experience with Ranjini at the front desk, who was a wonderful babysitter for our son. It is a 30 minute drive into town, but other than that, this hotel has all the amenities you could want. The hotel was beautiful and clean, and the customer service was outstanding. We would definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and valuable feedback concerning your stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our property. Our Yes! I Can philosophy drives our team to offer a great service with a BLU experience in a modern and comfortable deco: Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island is an easy access to paradise, 30minutes from the City, served by a free shuttle service.

Your comments have been shared with our team and Renjini who really appreciates you mentioned him in your review.

Email: craig.bruce@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We arrived late but check in was swift and efficient, the room was all you would ask from a 4 star hotel, Good TV system and fast free internet WiFi The staff were helpful and friendly, the hotel has a good underground car park which if staying in the city is very expensive. The high point was the breakfast serving a wide variety to suit all tastes. All in all made for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Book with breakfast included
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our property and Radisson Blu signature: free high-speed Wifi, Super breakfast, design and Yes! I can philosophy.
Our Super Breakfast offers more than 120 outstanding items with live cooking stations, features international breakfast favourites and provides healthy meal options.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stay during the modonna concert and the hotel was fully booked when I aarivied to the front desk the lobby was like fish market I was waiting in queue there was a girl who gave me eye contact when I arrived at front desk the check in was so quick and fantastic through out my stay she was helping me and my wife her name Tetrina and she even help me with my bags I slute her service I will diffinately come back great hotel great service thanks

• Stayed June 2012
Languedoc-Roussillon, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

From arriving to departing we had a list of 16 problems with our deluxe suite room 111. Arrived for check in at 16.45. Room wasn't ready. Once in the room coffee maker didnt work, blind in corridor pull cord was broken so blind was down making corridor very dark. A/C unable to make it cooler in lounge area.Bidet in bathroom was loose. More worryingly the was a wire without a plug attached hanging down from behind bathroom mirror, we were not sure if this was live! Power shower didn't work. Standard lamp only about 5 foot high that was positioned in the most ridiculous place by the balcony door kept falling off when door was open and it became obvious that it had had tape sticking to it that it had been tried to mend it unsuccessfully. I kept catching my head on it going onto the balcony and im only 5 feet tall! Tried to use DVD player no instructions in room. Got in contact with reception about range of things maintenance came, housekeeping came. No real surprise coffee maker exchanged, couldn't fix the lampshade, was told need to click the tv button 4 times to get the right setting for DVD ( how the hell we we're supposed to know that!). Bidet not fixed, power shower three of the power sprays got working. Wire left. Blind not fixed. We decided to go down to the pool. Sat there for about two hours, music blaring out which meant people were shouting above it for normal conversations. Decided to go back to room, only 1 sunbed on balcony asked for another to be brought up to us. Took 3 calls and one visit to reception to get it. Sat on balcony for only short time as the music from the pool was so loud couldn't relax and read book so ended up back in room. Business class lounge was awful, hot food was luke warm and unappetising. Very limited choice. Receptionist in lounge unfriendly and just sat at desk on computer and their mobile phones. Restaurant choice nothing special, overpriced Italian. Best food was room service! At end of the stay gave the list of all problems, was advised a full refund on room for the two days would be in bank account in seven days, I chased them for it after a week, finally got it a week later.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor if you dont want to listen to a disco on your balcony!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Lynn

I regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and apologize for the inconvenience you faced during the weekend stay. The service and condition of the room is not our standard and I am glad our team refunded you according to our “100% Guest satisfaction” policy. Yes I Can! is our philosophy and our staff members are trained accordingly.

Your concerns have been shared with our team and will assist us in fine tuning our service delivery.

I would be glad to discuss with you in more detail should you wish to do so.

Direct line: +971 2 656 2210
Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We had chosen this hotel for the swimming pool mainly which turned out to be a little disappointing. The hotel itself is nice, not so fancy and full of blink like the Viceroy but that is just perfect and it's what we preferred. Value for price is good including the breakfast buffet which has a nice variety and amazingly cares about the details (e.g. soy milk, camel milk, gluten-free bread..etc) which was perfect for me!

The room is nice and clean. The bathtub was perfect and best part about the whole thing is the streaming of TV in the bathroom, there's a speaker in the ceiling! Hats off to whoever came up with this idea!

So back to the swimming pool, it's not impressive and can get too extremely crowded at times. The problem we faced with the hotel (as a couple) I'd say is because this hotel seemed to cater to families with small children (rather large families!!) and so the concierge and pool area were crowded with kids almost all of the time. If you have kids you wouldn't mind it but as a couple wanting some peace and serenity, we couldn't really have that.

The staff are good and friendly. We appreciate being checked-in so early-- at 11am!!

All in all, well done Radisson Blu, I always know I won't be disappointed when choosing you :]

Room Tip: If you get in early you can enjoy the complimentary apples and coffee at the reception right next to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
CraigBruceGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our property. Located on Yas Island, Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island becomes a popular getaway destination. The pool side is busy over the weekends. For more serenity, you are more than welcome to unwind at Park Inn by Radisson, Abu Dhabi Yas Island pool, our sister hotel.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

The service from the staff from check in to check out was superb.
Upon arrival the check in staff was so pleasant, informed and organised. All the paperwork was ready when we arrived, took 5 minutes to check in 3 rooms!
Despite the busy weekend, there was no stress or unpleasantness experienced.
Luggage was taken promptly to the rooms.
The room was ideal, spaciuos and room service was efficient. Breakfast was wholesome and variety of food.
The spa was great, service perfect.
There is nothing negative about our stay.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely return.

Thanks for the great service from all the staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our property. Overlooking the turquoise Arabian Gulf and set alongside Yas Links Golf Course, Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island is the perfect getaway. Our Yes! I Can philosophy drives our team to offer a great service with a BLU touch.

Somerset, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

the coast out of one window and the ferrari centre out of the other makes for great views. The hotel is a good standard business hotel, although there were some holiday makers there too. Staff are polite and helpful and the rooms well equipped

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our property. I must agree with you: the panoramic view on the Arabian Gulf and Yas Links Golf Course is superb and gives you an easy access to paradise.